Krishan Is Called An Insect In Sri Dasam Granth

this topic is going off topic. Krishan is called a keet and its pretty easy to understand that keet means worm.

the krishan avatar is just a STORY RE-WRITTEN by Guru Gobind Singh.

The verses that praise Krishan are just a part of the story(which is taken from puranas). Guru jee is just writing the translation of the story and in between gives his own opinion by changing character names and praising the bravery of Kharag Singh.

Well i clearly remember reading in Dasam Granth that Krishna is a mortal who cannot be associated with GOD because was born into the womb of devki. Therefore he cannot be associated with "LORD".

It also says in dasam granth that if Krishna was LORD then how is it that he could not escape death? As he met his death from the hunters arrow to the foot. He was not above death, so he was a mortal.

So it makes perfect sense to me that Krishna would be reffered to as a insect/worm in Dasam Granth, one of countless created and destroyed..

you still havent shown why would virtually all the translations of the relevant passage refer not to insect but to servants

the puranic imagery is freely used throughout the scriptures and the same names are used for the praise of God by the Bhagats

but obvioulsly in your mission to prove the promotion of hatred you know better than all of them :rolleyes:

you still havent shown why would virtually all the translations of the relevant passage refer not to insect but to servants

the puranic imagery is freely used throughout the scriptures and the same names are used for the praise of God by the Bhagats

but obvioulsly in your mission to prove the promotion of hatred you know better than all of them :rolleyes:

Man, why are u spoiling this thread. Translations have LOTS of mistakes in them. its pretty easy to understand that KEET MEANS INSECT. Any person with bit of IQ can understand keet means a worm/insect.

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥

किते क्रिसन से कीट कोटै बनाए ॥

Somewhere He hath created millions of the servants like Krishna.

ਕਿਤੇ = He 'made'

ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ = Krishna

ਸੇ = He 'also'

ਕੀਟ = Made

ਕੋਟੈ = Many other humble devotees like Krishna

ਬਨਾਏ = He made them all.

Kitaa = to do something.

Maharaj Ji is too humble, unlike us, to call anyone anything wrong. We must understand this. Ego makes us crazy, think we are right all the time.

Many words have more than one meaning to them. :p

I think peoples prejudices come into play.

Lets face it Bhagwan Krishan Ji had many good qualities and if Guru Ji praised them that that is not going to make us Hindu worshippers or Guru Ji for that matter. If I say Christ was a good man does that make me any a less sikh or does it turn me into a Christian? It is like if we praise or make a positive remark about any thing Hindu then it is as if we are going to tainted or something or those idiots will start going to say that we are Hindus. I think we should be more secure in our beliefs and more steadfast in our convictions.

If Guru Ji made any positive comments about Krishan Ji then I stand by them 100%, but let us not forget that time and time again Guru Ji has said that the likes of Krishan Ji and Ram Chandra Ji did not escape the noose of death, infact in Akaal Ustat Ji Guru Sahib Ji says that Krishan Ji and Ram Ji were created and destroyed millions of times. The fact that this notion has been written by Guru sahib Ji even once in his compositions speaks volumes as to where Guru Sahib Jis trust lay, in Akaal Purkh and no one else.

ਕਿਤੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਸੇ ਕੀਟ ਕੋਟੈ ਬਨਾਏ ॥

किते क्रिसन से कीट कोटै बनाए ॥

Somewhere He hath created millions of the servants like Krishna.

ਕਿਤੇ = He 'made'

ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ = Krishna

ਸੇ = He 'also'

ਕੀਟ = Made

ਕੋਟੈ = Many other humble devotees like Krishna

ਬਨਾਏ = He made them all.

Kitaa = to do something.

Maharaj Ji is too humble, unlike us, to call anyone anything wrong. We must understand this. Ego makes us crazy, think we are right all the time.

Many words have more than one meaning to them. :p

Sorry your translation is way out.

ਕਿਤੇ = someplace

ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ = Krishna

ਸੇ = He 'also'

ਕੀਟ = wormlike

ਕੋਟੈ = many

ਬਨਾਏ = He made.

Someplace He made many millions of wormlike Krishans

Please do not apply your own agendas to Guru sahib Jis bani.

"Let the Khalsa panth (sect) become popular all over the world and let the Hindu Dharam (religion) wake up (or be enlighten) and all the bad ones run away."

Panth = collective/brotherhood/group NOT SECT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalsa_Panth

why are there so many hindus/hindu sympathisers on this forum, trying to distort Sikhi??

all these fake practices of hindus were debunked by Guru Nanak Ji in Asa Ki Vaar

>> why are there so many hindus/hindu sympathisers on this forum, trying to distort Sikhi??

it is the fault of the more religiously aware forumites for not being able to bring everyone to their side. Most folks who are religious simultaneously come across as very narrow or chauvinist type and are not able to present arguments that would attract anyone else to their side. And neither do I think that is in their set of goals either.

In clear concise language Guru Gobind Sahib Ji states :

I do not seek the blessings of Ganesh,

I do not worship Krishna or Vishnu.

I do not recognise them.

I am engrossed in the loving devotion of my Lord alone.

The Lord of Death, Akal, is my refuge and He saves me is all tribulations.

(Krishan Avtar, 434)

At the start of every composition in the Dasam Granth, Guru Ji first praises the One formless God and asks for his blessing before he continues - in the case of Chandi Di //'s, // Bhaguti Ji Ki and Chaubis Avtar - to tell the exploits of various deities and Avtars. Why then do some learned people think that in these compositions Guru Gobind Singh Ji (who sought the protection of Akal Purkh only) was worshipping the deity ?

Take the composition // Bhaguti Ji Ki, this tells how the godess Durga Devi was called upon by Inder Devta to help him in destroying the demons Sumb and Maha Kahsur and their legions. First and foremost Guru Ji bows and pays homage to Sri Bhaguti (God) and then recounts the names of the nine Gurus. He then says that you (God) created the world and that it was from you that Durga, Sri RamJi and Baghwan Krishan Ji got the strength to destroy their enemies.