bowing to sants

kam1825

satpreet phaenay = :TH:

and No i won't bow down but i will tilt my head downwards just like i do to everyone when saying fateh.. btw I can't even tell whether this singh or singhnee is sant or not.. to me at raenshabeyy everybody luks like a sants blush.gif

agreed!!!!!!!! :wub: )

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

satpreet phaenay = :TH:

and No i won't bow down but i will tilt my head downwards just like i do to everyone when saying fateh.. btw I can't even tell whether this singh or singhnee is sant or not.. to me at raenshabeyy everybody luks like a sants blush.gif

That is my style too. haha

I guess everyone does that!! Why dont we just hug the other singh (singhnee other singhnee)... i have seen many singhs doing simran, while hugging each other!!

ok i have heard your reasons for bowing to shasters as stated in bani such as in the shaster naam mala

what about this shabad from Sri guru granth sahib ji

Raag kanra mahala 5

simrat naam maneh sukh paiyai

it is sung beautifully by bhai balbir singh and is on the raag guldasta album which you can download and listen to on the net.

in the shabad come

"Charan santan kay matha mero paar bhram ko simar manah"

please explain what your meaning is of this?

Kandola veer ji on the silver palki are steeks of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and Sri Sooraj Prakash

Sat Sri Akal:

kam1825 Sahib Ji, the hukamnama states that one should not bow down to/matha tek to any human in the presence of Guru Granth Sahib.

You may do whatever you want in terms of showing respect outside of the presence of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and a Gurudwara according to the hukamnama.

metha thek ONI to sri guru granth sahib ji...

other then dat.. u can just bow a bit when u say ur fateh to some elderly person or a gursikh... something like how vicky said.. dats what i usually do... ive NEVER in my life touch anyone's feet before... guess m jz not use to it ..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

actually, bhenji, sants are also here forever

bani says sants never die

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

True, sants are here forever.

BUT NO-ONE can tell who's a sant, and whos not. Seriously, as someone mentioned in a different post, there were no "sants" in Gurujee's time... even those Gurmukhs who had written in the Guru Granth Sahib were not called Sant. Now, suddenly, we have a million of 'em?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest noonespecial
Seriously, as someone mentioned in a different post, there were no "sants" in Gurujee's time... even those Gurmukhs who had written in the Guru Granth Sahib were not called Sant.

That is not entirely true.

kiaa aparaadhh sa(n)th hai keenhaa ||

What sin has this Saint committed,

baa(n)dhh pott ku(n)char ko dheenhaa ||

that you have made him into a bundle and thrown him before the elephant?

In this Shabad Bhagat Kabeer is clearly being referred to as a Sant.

You can read the complete shabad here.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3254

Guest noonespecial

S1ngh veerji,

from the thukh above, isn't it clear that the word Sant is referring to Bhagat Kabeer Jee?

Please read the whole shabad and let me know what you think... :T:

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I personally bow down to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ^_^ because thats our present guru. Sants are sants, they are going to come and go but SGGS ji is going to be here forever. Sants preaches about sikhi and they get the information from SGGS ji and they tell us that. Who deserve better respect Guru ji or a sant?

bhula chuka maff. i am just a kid who is trying to learn

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

i am actually shocked at your statement of the position you place Sants in. They just dont' come and go. Their coming in this world is like a light that dispells the darkness for the world.

Tell me who is greater the Flute or the one who blows in the flute to create music. Both are necessary, without the flute no music is created, without the musician the flute is just a hollow tube. The Saint and the Guru Grant Sahib have equal Importance. You should try to be inthe presence of a living Saint and see the Changes that occur with or without your awareness. The importance Guru Grant Sahib gives to the Saints is highly regarded. So they don't just come and go. Out of 100 Saints 99 of the are pseudo-saints and one of them is a tr

ue saints, so they just don't come and go.