Wearing a Big kirpan

SarabLoh

Guest SikhForLife

depends on person to person.. some people wear it to show off.. and dont really understand the meaning..

others really know what it means and want to be officially a khalsa.. but are still working on a few things to get ready.. then i think its okay..

I request references from Gurbani to back up any claims
there cant be any Gurbani references on this issue, since SGGS doesnt talk about Khalsa as per 1699
It is pointless for me to do naam simran as I am better off doing Bani and Mool Mantar as being a non-Amritdhari my simran is fruitless ( reference )

On this point: SGGS talks about naam "simran" and praises vaheguru ..

however, only the Panj can give u the naam "jap" - "GurMantra" that Bhai Gurdaas Ji talks about. ..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is perfectly alright to dress and act like an amritdhari if one is genuinly preparing for amrit. that is ok of course!!

non amritdharis who act like amritdharis for long periods of time but dont take amrit are living a useless life. there is a rehatnama that says to keep ones hair and not take amrit is like asking to go to hell!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

mehtab sehaan BINDAAS wear all kakars no tension man :wub:

those who say kirpan not to be worn then y kada y kes y kachera

man i say if ur mun is sachaa and ur preparing 4 ur self as said by mkhalsaJee then no probs BUT if ur just wearing 4 showoff and ur not thinking of amrit then those sangat should not.

2. It is pointless for me to do naam simran as I am better off doing Bani and Mool Mantar as being a non-Amritdhari my simran is fruitless ( reference ) .

THAT IS PLAIN WRONG... My views are strongly against it.. That is NOT SIKHI...

prior to the introduction of khande batte da pahul by dasmesh pitta, did sikhs carry shastars?

if so, these sikhs were not amritdhari, but they themselves carried kirpans, so whats the big deal? a person who is on the path of sikhi and is preparing themselves to take amrit in the future is allowed to carry a kirpan as long as he carrys all other kakars with respect and understands the significance of them

Guest SikhForLife

actually u reminded me of a shabad that could justify the shastar carrying without amrit sanchaar.. but then it all comes down to.. if ur showing off then u shouldnt carry it but if ur truely on the path of Truth and want to fight for righteousness then its fine.

Page 1105

sulok kubeer

Shalok, Kabeer:

gugun dhumaamaa baajiou pariou neesaanai ghaao

The battle-drum beats in the sky of the mind; aim is taken, and the wound is inflicted.

khaeth j maaddiou soorumaa ab joojhun ko dhaao

The spiritual warriors enter the field of battle; now is the time to fight! ||1||

sooraa so pehichaaneeai j lurai dheen kae haeth

He alone is known as a spiritual hero, who fights in defense of "religion".  [beliefs, ideals, righteousness, and love for humanity]That could be physical fight or a spiritual fight against the 5 Evils within the mind.

purujaa purujaa katt murai kubehoo n shaaddai khaeth

He may be cut apart, piece by piece, but he never leaves the field of battle. ||2||2||

VAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAVAHEGURUJIKIFATEH

Sorry all...i have been out of town for a while. Now i will post my response to non-Amritdharis wearing Kirpans. These are just my views, and i may be totally wrong.

First off, my response to not wearing Kirpans was directed towards the monays who wore Kirpans at the Nagar Keertan (in Leeds?)...If someone is actually serious about taking Amrit in the NEAR-future...then i don't know if that is okay or not (meaning: it may be, or may not be)

but...i have personally seen people wearing Kirpans for many monthes (1 person in particular for about 1 year)...and i thought they were Amritdhari all along, but found out that they still haven't taken Amrit yet. This is wrong. It is mis-representation of Khalsa. Now, anyone can walk around wearing a Kirpan and say, "I'm getting ready to take Amrit"...and if they end doing something stupid (like getting mad and stabbing someone)...then they will ruin it for all Amritdharis, by laws being placed limiting Kirpan sizes etc.

If a person can keep putting off taking Amrit, why can't they put off wearing a Kirpan? And to thoses people who want to 'try it out'...i don't understand...are you saying that if you don't like wearing a Kirpan, then you won't take Amrit? Just take Amrit and wear a Kirpan. PERIOD. if it is uncomfortable (which it isn't)...then tough...Rehat is Rehat. Once you make your pledge, you can't take it back...

ps- respect to Mehtab Singh...i am talking in particular about people who wear Kirpans without serious intent to take Amrit...and from reading your posts, i know you are serious about Sikhi, and i have alot of res

pect for you.

VAHEGURUJIKAKHALSAVAHEGURUJIKIFATEH

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Okey, I need guidence now. I recently begun carrying Kirpan. a Lot of People said its good, and a fwe people said its bad, because Kirpan (Siri Sahib) is such a sacred thing tha you need to be EXTREMLY HOLY to wear it (i.e Amritdhari)

But then, ins't there a Shabad by Guru Gobind Singh ji that, a kesdhari withut Shahster is like a Sheep?

Anyways, I'm preparing to become an Amritdhari, by LATEST next Summer,when(hopefully) we'll go to India.

Is it WRONG for me to wear it, is it bedbi for me to prepare. Most other people who were against, said we need to keep the INNER REHIT FIRST.

should it not be Sant AND SIPAHI?

preparing for BOTH at the SAME time?

I havn't begun wearing it permanently, I wear it as OFTEn as I can, but have decideded, tha as soon as school starts, it's like an organ, not to EVER be removed.

I need Sangats help, is it wrong for me if I'm preparing and hoping to take Amrit within 1 yr?

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i dont undersatnd why we think only kirpan is holiest, veerje more than kirpan is ur kes verya THAT IS TO THE MOST HOLIEST, kirpan is dead important no dought but which is holy and wich is not iTs not us TO DECIDE VEERJE its guru sahib man.

u wanna wear kirpan?

GO FOR IT AND BEST OF LUCK FOR UR AMRIT DE DAAT MAN :TH: TAKE CARE :wub: