Sikh Council (Uk) - Launch On 11 December

you should be asking your "leaders" what they have achieved with all the manpower and donations they've had? where did it all go?

if any of this is not true, why not ask each affiliate member to show how many baniaan they have bothered to memorise?

how many of your affiliates dish out bottles of alcohol to get elected? or use violence to maintain a vice-grip on their kursia?

get off your arse and go ask them. then come back and share.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is a desperate need for Sikh issues to be raiswed on a single platform. Small groups have failed and foreign govts end up playing one group against the other, the net result nothing gets done. T

Isingh has hit the nail on the head. when we as Sikhs get stopped at airports the authorities do not look if we are "self proclaimed leaders" or hold pardhan chairs, they do not look if we are jatha

i dont look to them for the answers anymore. that's what sheep do.

well done for avoiding all the real issues discussed in my post.

i've already been part of your organisations but unlike some am capable to think for myself now. i got off my arse and did more for your groups than you have, my young billy goat.

besides i'm not the one claiming to run jathebandhis and organisations and then milking sangat for funds. there isnt one tyaar bar tyaar singh in these organisations, they're majority old biffers fattened up on all the jalebiaan and pakoray they been eating for 3 decades at Sangat's expense yet achieving little in return.

you keep following the sheep in front of you into the pen and leave the rest of us youth to not be the political puppets of traitor old fogeys.

There is a desperate need for Sikh issues to be raiswed on a single platform. Small groups have failed and foreign govts end up playing one group against the other, the net result nothing gets done. The Jews are very good at pushing there views with govts because they have a recognised organisation that carries weight with the Govt. Even the BBC changes its news reports if the Jews object. We have so many important issues such as Identity and justice for Sikhs that we need to do something quickly or we will end up without any real rights. Muslims and Hindus have their respective Governments which raise their issues with foreign Govts., we do not have that luxury.

Isingh has hit the nail on the head.

when we as Sikhs get stopped at airports the authorities do not look if we are "self proclaimed leaders" or hold pardhan chairs, they do not look if we are jatha this, that, or the other. they do not care if we are jatt or Bhatra or takhan, they will ask you to remove your turban for a search........and we have to.

when we get issues with the kirpan, the authorities do not say he is AKJ or Taksali or is an old-duffer pardhan , they will ask you to remove the kirpan..........and we have to.

We as a community hold no clout, the authorities play us off against each other. One group goes to the government and asks for X, another will deliberatly go and ask for Y. The government plays each other off and has an excuse to delay any decision which they never wanted to make in the first place.

THE ONLY WAY is to speak with one voice.

This has nothing to do with old-duffers, or tyiar-par tyiar, those are different issues. This issue is specific - we need to speak to the authorities (who ever they are ) with ONE VOICE. If that means that the most capable person is a mona-sikh who is versed in disccusions and is articulate and put the points across forcefully and most of all.... CAN SPEAK ENGLISH without the err and err and err within every other word.............then so be it !

All we have is people with so much negativity who will never in a million years do anything themselves but will not allow others to do so.

Time an again this phrase comes up "those self appointed people" - here we have a council made up of all the affiliated gurdwaras so no-one is "self appointed" they are crying out for young people to join them, but the "young" people are too busy with sitting on their back-sides moaning and complaining.

• Like 1

Raj Bina Nahin Dharam Chale Hain, Dharam Bina Sab Dalle Malle Hain

Dharam cannot spread without Political power...but Political power must be subversent to Dharam. When Dharam is neglected..then absoulte power will be corrupted.

If the SCUK develop an "appetite" (as Jagtar Singh put it) for relevent Gurdwara issue then we will see some changes. If it's all focused on the way things are done currently then we will just formalise the status quo. That's my only personal concern.

I apologise if my tone has appeared negative regarding this committee. I sincerely hope SCUK does evolve into being a positive voice for the UK Sikh community, I just have my own greviences....but that shouldn't stop others taking an active and postive role.

There are about 300 hundred Gurdwaras in the UK. Some are run very well in a progressive fashion and some are run by Pardhans who only care about chodhr. Ultimately this is just a fact of life and reflects society in general, not everybody is bad and nor is everybody good. Now the fact is, our grandparents and parents came to this country mainly in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s and with very little education, with no support network in the UK, without the ability to effectively communicate is English, without any major funding and were able to establish lots of Gurdwaras along with Punjabi Schools etc in this country. There’s no doubt about it, they are by no means perfect, but what have we youngsters done to build upon the foundations they have given us? Have we taken them to the next level? The answer is not very much and no. I know there are Gurdwaras in this country, where the pardhans have them locked down for their own purposes, but they do not represent all Sikh Gurdwaras and we should not take such a pessimistic view.

Now if we have a Sikh Council that we know represents the majority of Gurdwaras or at least can influence them. Then we at least have a single point of attack if we want to achieve reform within Gurdwaras. The alternative is to try and reform each individual Gurdwara on an individual basis which is unrealistic and usually gets relayed out to the local sangat as thuggery by Singhs (alienating the local Sangat).

So give the Sikh Council a chance, as not doing so will mean that we remain stagnant. Trying for change (regardless of the outcome) is better then doing nothing.

There is a desperate need for Sikh issues to be raiswed on a single platform. Small groups have failed and foreign govts end up playing one group against the other, the net result nothing gets done. The Jews are very good at pushing there views with govts because they have a recognised organisation that carries weight with the Govt. Even the BBC changes its news reports if the Jews object. We have so many important issues such as Identity and justice for Sikhs that we need to do something quickly or we will end up without any real rights. Muslims and Hindus have their respective Governments which raise their issues with foreign Govts., we do not have that luxury.

Thank YOU !!

i dont look to them for the answers anymore. that's what sheep do.

well done for avoiding all the real issues discussed in my post.

i've already been part of your organisations but unlike some am capable to think for myself now. i got off my arse and did more for your groups than you have, my young billy goat.

besides i'm not the one claiming to run jathebandhis and organisations and then milking sangat for funds. there isnt one tyaar bar tyaar singh in these organisations, they're majority old biffers fattened up on all the jalebiaan and pakoray they been eating for 3 decades at Sangat's expense yet achieving little in return.

you keep following the sheep in front of you into the pen and leave the rest of us youth to not be the political puppets of traitor old fogeys.

theres no real issues in your post, just a negative attitude.

how do you know there is no tyar bar tyar singhs in any of these organisations? have you met each and every singh in these orgs?

how arrogant of you!

we can leave the youth if thats what you want, but what will you youths do? NOTHING! Youths are not being stopped from advancing Sikh issues, but, and i have said this for a few years now, the Sikhs youths are all talk and no walk.

And if the old people are traitors, then what are the youths? Irrelevant?

how arrogant of you!

we can leave the youth if thats what you want, but what will you youths do? NOTHING!

i could simply state likewise how arrogant of you to say all youth do nothing but i dont want to lower myself to that level. you focus on you and ill focus on me.

there are a lot of youth who are organised and are doing absolutely vital sewa out of their own pocket and yes some do resent the fact that they receive no support whatsoever from Gurdwara prabandhaks who often decide Sangat's money is better spent on extensions, unnecessary legal court cases and radio, newspaper and televison to promote themselves. this is why we're ending up with large empty buildings run by little hitlers, that's what arrogance is.

the council will be issue-based which is good. the nso, bscf and others failed because the government played groups off against each other. i hope SCUK does move things forwards. lets encourage each other. i hope those in the council become strong in their sikhee and that the council flourishes.

lets encourage each other not to hide tiny replica kirpan under our shirts or tying and dying our dara especially in council as media picks up on this & it will give sangat confidence that these are people who will fight for our kakaars.

slowly but surely i hope stronger, more inspirational role models will emerge within the council. maybe even one day a pressure group if the people at the front are charasmatic.

wish you all good luck. God bless

My understanding was that the Sikh Federation UK had a policy of supporting an independent nation for the Sikhs.

Does the Sikh Council also have a view on this, or will it policy on this be based on a democratic decision making process?