Whats going with Punjabi youth in Canada??

Deep Singh

its sad and its been happening for a long time! i think when a lot of "punjabis" live together, a lot of things happen!!!!!! and their is a lose of identity or something which is VERY sad! Most sikhs are good part of their community... some are just lost especially the teeny boppers and the teensssssss... this is when a good sikh youth group or peers can help! but i guess it all traces back to parent hood! or maybe its just surroundings that turns some peole into violence! its just crazy its that bad in BC! i read Macleans articles on "punjabi boys" in vancouver! it was very interesting! anyway there is alwayz some sort of wish to belong somewhere... so the youth want gangs... this is when really sikhi should be there to help guide them or at least apply a foundation to where to go next to belong somewhere....

haha. looks like kandola found a new gsingh
a new guy who i can make fun of now, no not gsingh, badal. gsingh wasnt corrupt now was he? we may have liked fighting, but he wasnt corrupt (or was he :T: , :wub: only messing gsingh).

back to topic...

its sad and its been happening for a long time! i think when a lot of "punjabis" live together, a lot of things happen!!!!!!

asians have had the representation of working hard for money, the corner shop raj, and then making money out of that. the youth use their money (once the parents have given it to them) and the eat out everyday, hence the money goes fast. i seen it many times here.

so the youth are now working out an easy way out of all this. i think the youth are getting into drugs to make money more quicker and easier and in a way more intresting way, (well would you like to

stay in a shop, have racist taunts at you and then make it big years time, or do new things everyday and make money quicker?), of course alot of the youth are going into drugs.

some are just lost especially the teeny boppers and the teensssssss...
one kid was trying to sell me a spliff for £10, my age. i told him no anyway.
but i guess it all traces back to parent hood! or maybe its just surroundings that turns some peole into violence!

id say it be more to do with surroundings and who you hang out with. if you hang out with people who drink alot, youll be expected to do the same. if you dont then get and be unpopular.

a film was supposd to be out, triads yardies and onion bhajees depicting crime life in southall, does anyone know when it will come out? (source the sikh times)

its sad and its been happening for a long time! i think when a lot of "punjabis" live together, a lot of things happen!!!!!! and their is a lose of identity or something which is VERY sad! Most sikhs are good part of their community... some are just lost especially the teeny boppers and the teensssssss... this is when a good sikh youth group or peers can help! but i guess it all traces back to parent hood! or maybe its just surroundings that turns some peole into violence! its just crazy its that bad in BC! i read Macleans articles on "punjabi boys" in vancouver! it was very interesting! anyway there is alwayz some sort of wish to belong somewhere... so the youth want gangs... this is when really sikhi should be there to help guide them or at least apply a foundation to where to go next to belong somewhere....

I agree..

I think more camps and workshops need to be made available ONLY TO TARGET specific type of sikh teens.. (Aka the lost guys/girls in the article)..

We all know about the camps going on here and there but common mona sikh who is not in touch with sikhi will think twice going to those type of camps where majority of the participants are in High sikhi level or just in sikhi roop.. Cauz that makes them feel dumb in their sikhi level.. (This is not coming from my mout

h, i asked couple dozen of ppls here in cali) So the solution is that create something which encourage them to come and explore without making them feel alienated.. !

My two cents

Guest mehtab

I had a Sikh friend from Punjab in my university. Once I heard him remark that Sikhs shouldn't be living in large number in an area as they tend to get into fights. :wub: :D . And to end this stereotyp

e, we NEED to educate the kids FIRST AND FOREMOST.

• 3 years later...