Interview Of Sikh Girl Who Used To Have Mulsim Boyfreind

Hammertime007

So what uk sikhs gonna do to get the solution for this problem?

As both Singhs say above.... the Gurdwara didn't do much, and what UK sikhs gonna do?

Well the solution involves both the UK Gurdwara, and UK Sikhs. i.e. Solution - the UK Sikhs need to explain Sikh in the UK language (English) in the UK Gurdwara.

Can we see the theme that runs all through the Solution above? It's English and UK. We live in the UK and speak English. Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji speaks to us in 12 Languages (may be slightly more or less). However, even though Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji speaks to us in 12 Languages, we are only prepared to speak to the UK english speaking children in Punjabi.

Sometimes I hear people say that it's the parents fault in that they should have taught their kids Punjabi. OK, maybe the parents are at fault, but does that mean we condemn the Sikh born children to a punishment of...life without Sikhi, or do we instead help them to get back into Sikhi.

I agree Punjabi needs to survive and therefore, if as a result of speaking English to the English speaking children in Gurdware, we drove them further away from understanding Punjabi and Gurbani, then that would be backwards!!!

However, if by speaking English to the English speaking children in Gurdware, we got them more interested in shabads and Punjabi, then that would be success!!!!

We have couple dozen members on this forum who are well educated about sikhi andmost of them are born and raised in uk so i can't understand that why they are not taking the role of being mentor of such religiously-neglected kids. what is stopping them to volunteer and help such kids.. I mean the solution is right in front of us which is "Attract them and keep them busy in our religious workshops, camps and basically tell them what real sikhi is.."

Maybe we are too lazy to go out or don't have volunteering spirit to help each other out? Maybe lack of platform? lack of funds? lack of sewadar network?

My parents didn't teach me too much about Sikhi either....but i didn't go around keeping sullian as girlfriends.

Obviously unlike the girl in question I had legs that could walk....so walked to the library and found books about sikhi. Obviously unlike the girl in question I had eyes that could see so could read those books about sikhi. Obviously unlike the girl in question I had ears that could see so could talk to others of my peer group about sikhi. Obviously unlike the girl in question I had a brain between my ears so knew right from wrong without having to blame my parents for my stupidity.

Seriously now....how can it possibly be the fault of that muslim male or indeed any muslim male if unbelievably stupid girls virtually give themselves to them ?

who's at fault has been discussed 100's of times and frankly is getting boring.

Who's fault is it?

Girls for being dumb? Parents for not educating? Sullahs for taking advantage/manipulating?

I see it quite simply.. If a girl happens to have a Sikh name/Surname.. or wears a Kara, regardless if shes Amritdhari sehjdari, high IQ low IQ or whatever.. NO ONE has the right to manipulate her, abuse her or take advantage of her simply because of her perceived Religion. "racially motivated sexual exploitation" The Sikh community highlight this term many years ago to Scotland Yard.

Why should a Sikh girl be 1000 times more likely to be abused in towns like Luton, than the muslim girl sitting next to her in her class?

Yes, Not all Sikh parents are clued up, many come from pends and spent all hours God gave packing boxes in factories, who gives someone the right to abuse their daughter???

Rather than pointing fingers at Parents, Gurdwaras and the girls.. do something. Start discussions with parents, message 3 girls on facebook right now, if you know someone is being groomed/lured speak to their parents, call SAS.. what ever.. or better still, the next guy you see messing about with our sister knock his block off.

We have couple dozen members on this forum who are well educated about sikhi andmost of them are born and raised in uk so i can't understand that why they are not taking the role of being mentor of such religiously-neglected kids. what is stopping them to volunteer and help such kids.. I mean the solution is right in front of us which is "Attract them and keep them busy in our religious workshops, camps and basically tell them what real sikhi is.."

Maybe we are too lazy to go out or don't have volunteering spirit to help each other out? Maybe lack of platform? lack of funds? lack of sewadar network?

Whenever someone who looks even remotely religious approaches them, they back off or roll their eyes as in "What does this guy want?". You know how elderly white people sometimes recoil in horror (or surprise) at the sight of someone with a turban or a beard? That's what OUR OWN young people have begun to do.

The harsh truth? People don't think religion is cool. Of course these people won't hang around Gurdwaras taking part in workshops, etc. It's all good and well these people moaning after the fact, "My parents didn't teach me about Sikhi" or "I've never been to a Gurdwara", etc. But when life is going swimmingly for these same folk, they just don't want to know.

There use to be a time when I was a kid, when a young Sikh boy with a joora use to be picked on by white folk or other idiots, monay Sikh lads of his age would rally round the kid with the joora and help him out if he was alone. Nowadays the monay Sikh lads don't want to be associated with the kid with the joora in-case it harms their image. That's a small part of the problem.

This issue facing all major religions is this: How do you get youngsters interested in religion during a period when the concept of religion (universally) is so unpopular?

We have couple dozen members on this forum who are well educated about sikhi andmost of them are born and raised in uk so i can't understand that why they are not taking the role of being mentor of such religiously-neglected kids.

I can't even get some of the members of my immediate family interested in Sikhi, let alone a stranger. Faith seems to be something that either resonates within you or not?

what is stopping them to volunteer and help such kids.. I mean the solution is right in front of us which is "Attract them and keep them busy in our religious workshops, camps and basically tell them what real sikhi is.."

A lot of young kids perceive this as 'square' and boring and something to escape. The excitement of physical intimacy and a relationship is more alluring to them I think?

Maybe we are too lazy to go out or don't have volunteering spirit to help each other out?

I remember parents phoning the police on Sikh guys who respectfully came around to inform them their daughter was dating a Muslim guy on the sly. I know of a good few boys who've been to prison dealing with pervy Paks. The truth is that our conservative society doesn't even really want to face up to the fact we have a problem. People were trying to deal with this but the wider community didn't want to know . Plus the police and media here made those guys out to be backward, violent, jealous, sullah hating thugs. You have to understand that the society here encourages inter-racial relationships. Through media especially

Maybe lack of platform? lack of funds? lack of sewadar network?

Personally I think the main contributing components are the impact of the majority British/western culture on Sikhs. Pendu simplistic understandings of human nature and the modern social environment youngsters inhabit. Plus complete disunity between Sikhs over caste, wealth, status etc. There is more, but I think I'd become a hate figure here if I openly came out with it here. Suffice to say, there is a perception that Sikh males have generally become emasculated.

Suffice to say, there is a perception that Sikh males have generally become emasculated.

Dont you mean effeminate?

As for the video it is a clear example of why our community needs to have more cohesion and not fear action. But having said that, she only came into sikhi after going out with a muslim. If a girl is educated normally to stop her from going out with a muslim, isnt there a chance she may just rebel? The girl in this video wasnt rebelling, she just seemed naive, believing in this PC world view rubbish that some elders like to push down our throats.

If a girl is educated normally to stop her from going out with a muslim, isnt there a chance she may just rebel?

There'll come a time in the future when the progressives in the west, will begin asking Sikhs questions such as: "Why should a Sikh girl not be allowed to enter a relationship with a Muslim?"