Interview Of Sikh Girl Who Used To Have Mulsim Boyfreind

Hammertime007

That doesnt really make sense as the main reason the pindus of Punjab faced extinction in the first place was due to them being proper sikhs. If they had been sellouts then the mughals would have given them the option of conversion and circumcision in order to allow them to be the way they wanted to be. As for the effects of sikhi on Punjab, let's face it, no one can rule a country with religion alone as a solid political structure is needed. The fact our Gurudwaras cant even respond to the needs of the community reflects our people's inability to form even the basic sikhi-inspired political/social structures.

You've hit the nail on the head!! HSD1

It seems to me that it's the Sikh Girls who lack knowledge of their Sikh History & Religion that fall prey to these predators!

When something is explained in Guru Ji's presence within the Sangat it has a lot more meaning and power!

So if a Girl can't 9 to 19yrs, who can't speak Punjabi (or speaks very basic punjabi), goes to the Gurdwara with her Parents on a Sunday morning, what will she understand about her religion or History? If it's only available in High level educated Punjabi?

Why isn't there Parchaar at the Gurdwara in English on a Sunday Morning?? As part of the Parchaar in English a few dozen Gurmukhi words could be translated every Sunday. That way each Sunday the english speaking Sikhs would walk away knowing more Gurmukhi words, each week, not to mention understand something too, before it's too late!!

Have you seen the Parchaar where a Gursikh/Giani reads a sentence of Paath, and then a 2nd Giani translates into in Punjabi. This keeps going on sentence after sentence! Wouldn't it be brilliant if the 1st Gursikh/Giani read the paath, and then 2nd Giani transalated it into Punjabi, and then a 3rd Giani translated the sentence into English!!!

Why is English excluded on a Sunday Morning from the Gurdwara, even though we know full well that the majority of British Born Sikhs can't understand the high level educated Punjabi the Gianis speak????????????????

Agree or even a over head projecter whee you can follow it with translation. Good ideas but Most old fogee Bhais dont care they just want Akand Paath Money.

I disagree totally; you have start with the most basic but the mist important. Which would be

Mool Mantra – (Translated)

Names of the Gurus

Significant Contributions by each Guru, i.e. Guru Nanak –'s basic beliefs , Guru Amar Das further institutionalized Langar, Guru Arjan Dev laid the foundation of the Harmandir Sahib and first shaeed Guru, Guru Gobind Singh created the Khlasa, along with all other contribution each of each Guru. These basic things.

Values of Sikhi which people can easily inforce, Kirt Karo Vand Shacko, Naam Jappo.

The above is where you start 84 and history comes after.

Personally, I think history comes before shabad (unless, you're one of the lucky ones whose heart gets peirced by a shabad just on hearing it).

Only, I think if somebody knows even basic Sikh History (the History of the Gurus) then you know the shabad is going to mean something!!!

There is no history like Sikh history!!!!:waheguru:

Agree or even a over head projecter whee you can follow it with translation. Good ideas but Most old fogee Bhais dont care they just want Akand Paath Money.

You're right!! Sikhi to the max should be complusory now, at the very least!!

That doesnt really make sense as the main reason the pindus of Punjab faced extinction in the first place was due to them being proper sikhs.

I don't know man. Aurengzab was going on pretty ignorant with Hindus too. I think all nonsullay were under threat myself. Some other people called Satnamis got wiped off the face of the earth too I heard.

If they had been sellouts then the mughals would have given them the option of conversion and circumcision in order to allow them to be the way they wanted to be.

I'm not saying they were straight 'sell out' as you're implying. I'm suggesting some people may have piggy backed on the faith when it was successfully dealing with it's enemies during the early Khalsa guerrilla war stage. People who didn't really have much loyalty or even belief in core principles of the faith like egalitarianism. Only to later subvert things according to their beliefs. (Guru ji is quoted giving a warning of this by Chaupa Singh). Or alternatively, people just naturally reverted to their backward thinking over generations? Humans seem to have a natural predilection for corruption and selfishness, so it's no big shocker I guess?

As for the effects of sikhi on Punjab, let's face it, no one can rule a country with religion alone as a solid political structure is needed. The fact our Gurudwaras cant even respond to the needs of the community reflects our people's inability to form even the basic sikhi-inspired political/social structures.

Fair point, although I'm pretty sure some muslay would argue that they do have a political system derived from their religion?

Anyway, you read Prem Sumarag yet? Do so if you haven't. It shows our people weren't always politically clueless like now.

Personally, I think history comes before shabad (unless, you're one of the lucky ones whose heart gets peirced by a shabad just on hearing it).

Only, I think if somebody knows even basic Sikh History (the History of the Gurus) then you know the shabad is going to mean something!!!

There is no history like Sikh history!!!!:waheguru:

You're right!! Sikhi to the max should be complusory now, at the very least!!

History isn’t belief or philosophy both of which are at the core of religion.

History isn't belief or philosophy both of which are at the core of religion.

I don't disagree with your statement whatsoever. However, some Sikhs lack belief and are not very Philosophical. However, if you give them the hard historical facts then that alone will draw them to what Shabads the Gurus left us with, those Gurus who lead such Truthful, Courageous, Compassionate lives!!!

I just saying it's one way of drawing them in!!:waheguru:

I'm not saying they were straight 'sell out' as you're implying. I'm suggesting some people may have piggy backed on the faith when it was successfully dealing with it's enemies during the early Khalsa guerrilla war stage. People who didn't really have much loyalty or even belief in core principles of the faith like egalitarianism. Only to later subvert things according to their beliefs. (Guru ji is quoted giving a warning of this by Chaupa Singh). Or alternatively, people just naturally reverted to their backward thinking over generations? Humans seem to have a natural predilection for corruption and selfishness, so it's no big shocker I guess?

Truth is people will always do stupid things if they arent taught better. It's really a case of changing their view of what is acceptable and what is an absolute wrong.

Fair point, although I'm pretty sure some muslay would argue that they do have a political system derived from their religion?

If they have, it hasnt done them any good as they still need things like military dictatorships or democracy, just like christians or buddhists and everyone else. Politics is inherently different to religion, but religion plays (or should play) a big part in the formation of political creeds. Unfortunately we sikhs only have the parties in East Punjab to reflect what we believe are 'political parties'. But who knows what the future holds.

I don't disagree with your statement whatsoever. However, some Sikhs lack belief and are not very Philosophical. However, if you give them the hard historical facts then that alone will draw them to what Shabads the Gurus left us with, those Gurus who lead such Truthful, Courageous, Compassionate lives!!!

I just saying it's one way of drawing them in!!:waheguru:

You need a balance of both.