Shameless Uk Sikhs

It's not that long ago that you lot were all freshies! Or did some of you come over during the Norman Conquest in 1066?

...and I seem to remember back in 1979, when the National Front were marching through Southall there were plenty of sikhs with cut hair and "boat paghs" protecting the community from white extremists.

I had to pass through Green Street yesterday evening and although I saw a few dastar wearing Sikhs in the celebrating crowds, only two were actually flying the Indian flag (and one of them was a young boy in a car). Didn't see a single Khanda being flown.

Straight up. The Indian crowds didn't seem to be preoccupied with trying to throw their weight around or causing a nuisance like Pakistanis do in equivalent celebrations.

That being said, I'd say there is infinitely more colour, josh and chardhi kala in Vasaikhi nagar kirtans than what I saw last night. I've seen more drinking & smoking taking place at the Southall Broadway Vasaikhi 'celebrations' I used to go to than with the Indian crowd yesterday.

Makes you think.

It's not that long ago that you lot were all freshies! Or did some of you come over during the Norman Conquest in 1066?

...and I seem to remember back in 1979, when the National Front were marching through Southall there were plenty of sikhs with cut hair and "boat paghs" protecting the community from white extremists.

Not sure what you think you "remember" fella but there was no 'march' here in 1979. The sikhs protected their community from white extremists in 1981. 1979 was a 'meeting' in the town hall. The sikhs 'marched' to the town hall to confront them and the thousands of police that were protecting them but.....you seem to have your 'marches' and your 'meetings' all tangled up in a knot.

Let me explain the difference between the established sikh community and these new 'freshies'. Firstly, in the case of my own family, we came because we were wanted. We were wanted because not only were we and our sacrifices for this great nation respected but we saw this as more of a home than somewhere very foreign such as delhi or bombay.

I live amongst these freshies here today. Their antics do honestly sometimes bring a tear to the eye. The only thing I can compare them with is the old Scottish and Irish tramps we used to see on our street corners when were were little. Let me give you an example : Come out of the new Havelock Rd Gurdwara, turn left and go to the junction with King Street. Cross the road and you'll see a tiny green area with a bench or two. Be there at around 6 or 7 pm on a friday and saturday and you'll see some of these freshies so out of their heads on a cocktail of mind bending drugs that they behave in a way enough for them to be sectioned under the Mental Health Act. You will not believe your eyes. Better still.....stand on the Broadway and observe them as they walk to and from their heroin fix. It is so obvious what they're on it isn't even debatable. These freshies have none of the ankh, rorbh and izzat that categorized our grandparents as immigrants.

Thats the new ones from Punjab. Their just half of the sikhs you saw celebrating the Indian victory in Southall yesterday. The other half were the newly arrived Delhi sikhs (via afghanistan). They have both a hard work ethic and a business acumen but........they are the most patriotic Indians on earth. They love India more than they love themselves. Although not quite as much as they love money.

Good to know thousands can come out for something trivial and useless as India winning the "World Cup", but yet during Nagar Kirtan these folks are no where to be seen. Just for a comparison have a look at the turnout for Vaisakhi in a week's time.

I had the displeasure of walking through this hot bed of activity and I echo what the other brothers have said that the bulk of these people were new arrivals. But the sheer level of sharab being passed around was disgusting and I haven't even mentioned girls being openly groped, copious amounts of swearing, urinating on walls and so on. What a way we have fallen.

Not sure what you think you "remember" fella but there was no 'march' here in 1979. The sikhs protected their community from white extremists in 1981. 1979 was a 'meeting' in the town hall. The sikhs 'marched' to the town hall to confront them and the thousands of police that were protecting them but.....you seem to have your 'marches' and your 'meetings' all tangled up in a knot.

Let me explain the difference between the established sikh community and these new 'freshies'. Firstly, in the case of my own family, we came because we were wanted. We were wanted because not only were we and our sacrifices for this great nation respected but we saw this as more of a home than somewhere very foreign such as delhi or bombay.

I live amongst these freshies here today. Their antics do honestly sometimes bring a tear to the eye. The only thing I can compare them with is the old Scottish and Irish tramps we used to see on our street corners when were were little. Let me give you an example : Come out of the new Havelock Rd Gurdwara, turn left and go to the junction with King Street. Cross the road and you'll see a tiny green area with a bench or two. Be there at around 6 or 7 pm on a friday and saturday and you'll see some of these freshies so out of their heads on a cocktail of mind bending drugs that they behave in a way enough for them to be sectioned under the Mental Health Act. You will not believe your eyes. Better still.....stand on the Broadway and observe them as they walk to and from their heroin fix. It is so obvious what they're on it isn't even debatable. These freshies have none of the ankh, rorbh and izzat that categorized our grandparents as immigrants.

Thats the new ones from Punjab. Their just half of the sikhs you saw celebrating the Indian victory in Southall yesterday. The other half were the newly arrived Delhi sikhs (via afghanistan). They have both a hard work ethic and a business acumen but........they are the most patriotic Indians on earth. They love India more than they love themselves. Although not quite as much as they love money.

fantastic repsonse hit the nail on the head on every subject - big up!

Personally i think these new freshies that have just arrived are vermin..they lack complete morals..they have no honour ..they are heavily involved with class A drugs and prostitutes...in my opinion they need a few hard beats and sent home..you cannot compare the old school punjabi immigrants to these new bunch..they are miles apart in terms of quality