Alarming Rise In Sikh Boys Marrying Hindu Girls

clarity

Guest Jacfsing2

What is the big deal in marrying a Hindu. My cousin is married to a Sikh boy. some people will always be paranoid about losing identity. Non stop anti Indian & anti hindu propaganda in Sikh media spread across Europe, Canada have turned

Sikh paranoid of India.

Happy Deepawali to our Sikh brothers and Sisters on this forum!

What do you know about Sikhi currently? I assume all you know about is the identity of the Sikhs but nothing else.

It's against the Sikh Maryada. There's no paranoia behind it, it's there in black and white.

The Sikh family accepted my cousin. She follow certain tenants of Sikhi and visit gurudwara. Marring hindu is not illegal in Sikhism.

Do remember the time once, 1 child of every Hindu family in Punjab/nothern india became Sikh to protect our land from invaders. Who can forget the sacrifice of Guru Tegh bahadur.

Do remember the time once, 1 child of every Hindu family in Punjab/nothern india became Sikh to protect our land from invaders. Who can forget the sacrifice of Guru Tegh bahadur.

Only certain tribes in panjab practised this whole 1st child raised as sikh stuff. I dont kno y u lot go on n on about it. Khatri, rajputs etc practised this, yet they dont even make up more than 10% of sikh population. Most of us come frm families who converted to sikhi outright.

Only certain tribes in panjab practised this whole 1st child raised as sikh stuff. I dont kno y u lot go on n on about it. Khatri, rajputs etc practised this, yet they dont even make up more than 10% of sikh population. Most of us come frm families who converted to sikhi outright.

Also wasn't this during angreza da raj , so they could earn more money as sikh soldiers ? Because all the traditional songs from Mughal era talk about being disowned if you were a woman who got kidnapped, or a man if he became a Gursikh , when people would ask after the son the family would say he's dead . vadda aaiya sanu apni history sikhon vaste

The Sikh family accepted my cousin. She follow certain tenants of Sikhi and visit gurudwara. Marring hindu is not illegal in Sikhism.

So? you're cousin doesn't speak for what's written in Gurbani. Whoever she married seems to lack proper knowledge on Sikhi.

Guru Tegh bahadur Ji died for the sake of religious freedom. How on earth does that fall into the same category as marriage? Guru Hargobind singh Ji rescued a muslim bibi from a life of suffering. The Guru moved against injustice.

Please if you're going to come on here and spew nonsense at-least learn about our Bani. The Rehit is extremely clear, Sikh/Sikh for marriage. End off. Even the Lavan are precise on this.

Marrying a hindu is illegal in Sikhism lol.

Big whoop if she follows certain tenants, doesn't make her a Sikh. Sikh is a follower of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and no other faith. same way you can't get a hindu/Muslim or a Sikh/Muslim.

One path, not multiple.

honestly you should stick to Game of Thrones, you probably know more about that than Sikhism by the sounds of things. Though Tyrion's size seems to reflect of how familiar you are with Gurbani.

Guest Jacfsing2

honestly you should stick to Game of Thrones, you probably know more about that than Sikhism by the sounds of things. Though Tyrion's size seems to reflect of how familiar you are with Gurbani.

I honestly didn't notice the resemblance of him username to a Game of Thrones character.

Can I just point out that Sikhs don't have rituals. Rituals are worthless, Guruji tells us this many times in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji:

ਜੇ ਜਾਣਸਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰ ਕਰਮੰ ॥

जे जाणसि ब्रहमं करमं ॥

Je jāṇas barahmaʼn karmaʼn.

If you know the Nature of the Lord,

ਸਭਿ ਫੋਕਟ ਨਿਸਚਉ ਕਰਮੰ ॥

सभि फोकट निसचउ करमं ॥

Sabẖ fokat niscẖa▫o karmaʼn.

then you will find that all these beliefs and rites are vain.

ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਹਚਉ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

कहु नानक निहचउ धिआवै ॥

Kaho Nānak nihcẖa▫o ḏẖi▫āvai.

Says Nanak, in Good faith meditate on the Lord.

ਵਿਣੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਾਟ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥

विणु सतिगुर वाट न पावै ॥२॥

viṇ saṯgur vāt na pāvai. ||2||

Without the True Guru, man finds not the way.

SGGS Ang 470

?? Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Nor do Sikhs believe in superstitions, hope that has helped Aishwarya Ji.

True sikhism is against rituals but most sikhs do practise rituals of some form in all gurdwaras

heck i learned they use milk to clean floors of some gurdwaras at a certain time of the year each year

Pretty sure the gurus would demand that milk be used to help feed ppl starving an not waste milk till world hunger is gone

Guest Jacfsing2

Yeah, yeah, we all know you love watching that filth.

32-6-Cheesy-Wink-Gif.gif

I never watched the show to be honest, (I wouldn't know anything about it other than it's the most pirated show in history).