National Anti-Beadbi Rally At Dudley, Uk -* Cancelled *-

Satkaar

You are all slandering us here on this forum. I don,t see anybody from Dudley Gurdwara saying anything,and your protest seems in vengeance to the transfer of the Centre.

Dear Mr Medare, how do we Slander? Your men drink alcohol on land, that, has been, registered to Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, the eternal Guru of the Sikhs! Can you deny that?

How is a PEACEFUL protest, to show how deeply offended by those men drinking alcohol on Guru Ji's land, vengeance. A PEACEFUL protest, that YOU are trying your best to make it seem like vengeance. If you can't see how hurt the Sikhs are by your men drinking alcohol on land that has been registered to Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj then there really is not hope for you!

A PEACEFUL protest, because the Sikhs of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj are Hurt! A PEACEFUL PROTEST! Do you get that, Mr Medare?

"I AM Dudley sangat."

If I had known brother, I would have joined in on the last thread,

If you represent Dudley ,then why do you need outside help to make changes?

Dudley Sangats representatives should be allowed to control that which is within their mandate.

Thats what I feel,its a liberal opinion I know .

Please don't call me mate ,Iam not your mate!

Dear Mr Madare, here's you changing colours again, saying don't call me mate, I am not your mate, is not exactly humble is it? As you try to come across in some of your other posts!

The Sikhs of Dudley have asked your men to stop drinking alcohol on land that, has been, registered to Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, the eternal Guru of the Sikhs, but your men have not stopped! Do you expect the sangat outside of dudley to just let your men carry on drinking on Guru Ji's land???

Are you saying the Dudley Sangat "representatives" should be able to write in "their" mandate that "your men can drink on land that was registered to Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, even though Guru Granth Maharaaj clearly states, many times, that Sikhs should not drink ALCOHOL (especially your men on land that has been registered to Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj)??? Are you saying your Dudley "respresentatives can put that in their mandate?????

"if i asked you to give me your shop for £1 would you not be angry?you don't live in dudley and haven't for 20 years, words by a none turbanned singh"

Why do feel hurt no one is trying to rob Guru Ji ,ultimately how can the Creator of the Cosmos be robbed ,or insulted for that matter?

I'm a non turbanned singh,but my soul will be weighed for its deeds ,and that before God ,not you.

Yes twenty years have passed I do not know the workings day to day,I just feel its a matter for Dudley Sangat

Dear Mr Medare, do you realise how hurtful and patronising your statement above is to the Sikhs of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj? So what you are saying is that your men are drinking on land that has been registered to Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, just to prove that even by robbing and instulting Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, you are actually proving that Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj cannot be insulted????!!! that's like a double negative, it does not make sense at all!! You've really got to understand that insulting Guru Ji, who you say cannot be insulted, is not a good thing? Do you not understand that?

Are you saying that Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, the eternal Guru of the Sikhs, is powerless to weigh your deeds in this life, here and now? It's like your saying... well, my men can insult Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, and we'll just see if God is against that, after, we die. Do you not feel you and your men who drink on land that was registered to Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, are being judged here and now, by Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj??

As a Sikh member of Dudley, who has been living in this town for over 40 years I find it disgraceful that any Sikh would make comments on any media network and not have the strength which was given to us by our Guru's to stand up for our rights and not to be afraid to put their real name to their comments. Sudo names are for the weak who are afraid to stand up to their beliefs and hide behind computer screens.

Beleive it or not, having sudo names tends to be a general theme of nearly all forums even Twitter :ohmy2: ... regardless.... if you are getting really upset about this issue being discussed on this forum or numerous other SIKH forums... it is also on national and international sikh TV channels, newspapers and been discussed in gurdwaray across the country... and people have on numerous occasions been to dudley and confronted the committee....hardly the actions of an afraid people now is it? The whole protest is standing for our rights... Thanks... another reason to attend!!!!

Anyways what you gonna go with my name? send me a personal invite to your party hall? Not interested!

The facts about Dudley Community Centre are very simple. The community of Dudley (vast majority Sikh) decided to build a community centre for the purpose of small parties to celebrate birthdays, weddings and other functions. It was always clear that alcohol and meat would be served on such occassions and that as a sign of respect, the enterance to the community centre would not be facing the Gurdwara. The contributors of this project have been funded by donations and the generosity of Dudley Metropolitan Council. When this community centre was built no Gurdwara donations were used to build or fund the community centre. Furthermore when the GNSS Temple was demolished and re-built there were no Temple funds used to contribute towards the running of the community centre when it was temporarily used to house the Granth Sahib.

Dudley Council would not give grants of hundreds of thousands of pounds if any individual religious group stipulated that they would use the community centre for their individual needs. Therefore this centre was built for the purpose of use by all members of the Dudley community.

Somewhere along the line, with changes over the last 10 years between committee members the community centre has been re-named to represent the Sikh society rather than the Dudley community. Efforts are being made to correct this error.

There is no need for anyone to distrupt this function on 28th May 2011 and causing aggrevation to a innocent Sikh families happy occassion. Dudley is a peaceful community and we are capable of dealing with our own moral and religious affairs.

Although I would love to beleive it was that simple the fact remains the Gurdwara committee run the party hall, bar one person! hardly seperate... in addition selling the hall from under gurdwara property to this "different" organisation for £1? and I hear from local dudley people (I know "shock horror", not everyone in your town agrees with you!) a committee member asked for funds for the hall from the gurdwara stage!? Prehaps you should spend some time speaking to those in your own community who feel ostracized for daring to speak up agaisnt that committees tyranny and practice their religion should be approached!?...

So now it is a sikh families occasion?! so why was the committee selling tickets?! Im very confused... is the family declaring an entrance fee? :huh2: As for peaceful community!?! I guess you werent there when one of the committee members wife decided the right thing to do was swear and shout at sikh representatives that went to dudley to find a peaceful resolution! Im all for Peace! Join us in the Protest! You know it makes sense! :)

Yes, it is a sikh families occasion, a pre-wedding party. I have no idea where the suggestion of it being a committee party has come from, most probably from people trying to promote this for all the wrong reasons.

Beleive it or not, having sudo names tends to be a general theme of nearly all forums even Twitter :ohmy2: ... regardless.... if you are getting really upset about this issue being discussed on this forum or numerous other SIKH forums... it is also on national and international sikh TV channels, newspapers and been discussed in gurdwaray across the country... and people have on numerous occasions been to dudley and confronted the committee....hardly the actions of an afraid people now is it? The whole protest is standing for our rights... Thanks... another reason to attend!!!!

Anyways what you gonna go with my name? send me a personal invite to your party hall? Not interested!

Although I would love to beleive it was that simple the fact remains the Gurdwara committee run the party hall, bar one person! hardly seperate... in addition selling the hall from under gurdwara property to this "different" organisation for £1? and I hear from local dudley people (I know "shock horror", not everyone in your town agrees with you!) a committee member asked for funds for the hall from the gurdwara stage!? Prehaps you should spend some time speaking to those in your own community who feel ostracized for daring to speak up agaisnt that committees tyranny and practice their religion should be approached!?...

So now it is a sikh families occasion?! so why was the committee selling tickets?! Im very confused... is the family declaring an entrance fee? :huh2: As for peaceful community!?! I guess you werent there when one of the committee members wife decided the right thing to do was swear and shout at sikh representatives that went to dudley to find a peaceful resolution! Im all for Peace! Join us in the Protest! You know it makes sense! :)

As a Sikh member of Dudley, who has been living in this town for over 40 years I find it disgraceful that any Sikh would make comments on any media network and not have the strength which was given to us by our Guru's to stand up for our rights and not to be afraid to put their real name to their comments. Sudo names are for the weak who are afraid to stand up to their beliefs and hide behind computer screens.

The facts about Dudley Community Centre are very simple. The community of Dudley (vast majority Sikh) decided to build a community centre for the purpose of small parties to celebrate birthdays, weddings and other functions. It was always clear that alcohol and meat would be served on such occassions and that as a sign of respect, the enterance to the community centre would not be facing the Gurdwara. The contributors of this project have been funded by donations and the generosity of Dudley Metropolitan Council. When this community centre was built no Gurdwara donations were used to build or fund the community centre. Furthermore when the GNSS Temple was demolished and re-built there were no Temple funds used to contribute towards the running of the community centre when it was temporarily used to house the Granth Sahib.

Dudley Council would not give grants of hundreds of thousands of pounds if any individual religious group stipulated that they would use the community centre for their individual needs. Therefore this centre was built for the purpose of use by all members of the Dudley community.

Somewhere along the line, with changes over the last 10 years between committee members the community centre has been re-named to represent the Sikh society rather than the Dudley community. Efforts are being made to correct this error.

There is no need for anyone to distrupt this function on 28th May 2011 and causing aggrevation to a innocent Sikh families happy occassion. Dudley is a peaceful community and we are capable of dealing with our own moral and religious affairs.

Thank you Wada Bhaji

These people seem to avoid being sued for slander by making up names!

Hope after reading mr medares posts alot more sangat turn up to peacefully protest & to support our brothers and sisters who will be taking the lead role.

Ps: maybe someone could kindly paste the gurdwara address& time of rally again as this thread is pretty long

Guru kirpa

The family's party can easily be rescheduled to other local halls that are not related to our Guru Ghars. Not that I support the promotion of meat, sharab and parties, but if they are struggling for alternatives then there's a list I just found for them on a simple google search. At leat they don't have the paap of doing the Guru Ghar's beadbi if they move their party somewhere else

Have the GNSS Dudley Committee kept the family in the loop in all this palaver or are the family in the dark? Perhaps Mr Medare or Mr Sangha can advise.

Brierley Hill Civic Hall

Bank Street, Brierley Hill, West Midlands, DY5 3DA

01384 812730

Dudley Wood Primary School

Dudley Wood Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 0DB

01384 818690

Dudley Leisure Centre

Wellington Road, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1

Kingswinford Community Centre

425, High St, Kingswinford, West Midlands DY6 8AP

01384 273625

Gornal and Sedgley Labour Club