Shastar Vidya

the other thread is about the history if it was really banned by british

but i would like to discuss how effective it is, it wouldn't last on the battle field thats forsure but when it comes to hand to hand combat how effective is it

someone describe to me the techniques used, and why arn't their any videos of sparring and proof that this martial art works

personally i think a shastar vidya fighter would get destroyed by boxers wrestlers muay thai fighters and the list goes on

an when i say it would get destroyed today on the battle field i mean in terms of fighterjets guns and so on

reason i say shastar vidya wouldn't last against other martial arts is cause their is no evidence how effective this stuff is, no videos of sparring they never competed or compete in real promotions and tournments all their our is claims how effective it is which sound made up

SV a traditional battlefield art form.... of course you would get destroyed if you go up against fighter jets etc ? Thats a ridiculous comment all martial arts would get destroyed against fighter jets and, automated mechanical guns etc. Ok..lets sort a few things out here....SV is NOT a demonstration art for show in tournaments etc...it is a battlefield art form like all pure martial art forms the objective is to immobilise, destroy, kill the enemy swiftly and quickly... i.e "chatka" . How can you demonstarte such art forms in tournaments where all lethal vital point strikes, are banned , and the tournament is govenred by rules ?

If you havent seen any videos go to SV website or join the SV facebook group and watch the videos. If various schools of other martial arts are ackowledging the art form and have seen it demonstrated at the Martial Arts Show for the last 3 years..and have recognised it.. what exactly is your argument,..those guys have far more martial knowledge than you do. SV has been covered at least twice in martial arts iillustrated magazine in the UK as well.

Do you see any other proper combat art froms in competitions or tournaments ?? Kali,Eskrima,Silat etc ??? The answer is NO because they have no rules they are lethal combat forms not for public enetertainment. Also look into the "hadh torh" challenge this is the traditional form of competition, and anyone is welcome to the SV akharas in the UK to witnesss, ask questions or see demonstrations of the art form.

No SV will not make you invincible, nor will any other martial art, For those intrested in learning the traditional combat system of the Khalsa and maintaining heritage they should look into it.

Yubacity, shaster vidiya is the knowledge of weapons lol, this basically covers everything.

Also i don't believe niddar to be a shaster vidiya expert. He has some knowledge, but I doubt he's a master at the puratan way of using the sword. I think in all ages to come knowing hand to hand and the way of the sword should be very basic. Knowing how to use a bandookh (a very integral part of shaster vidiya) and other modern shaster comes after and is just as important.

Yubacity, you keep focusing on the Martial side of Sikhi, but the thing is you seem to be making needless controversy and doing nindia of people left and right. In Sikhi you should be a Sant as well. Actually being a Sant comes before being a soorma, because if you channel your strength in the non GurSikh way...

SV a traditional battlefield art form.... of course you would get destroyed if you go up against fighter jets etc ? Thats a ridiculous comment all martial arts would get destroyed against fighter jets and, automated mechanical guns etc. Ok..lets sort a few things out here....SV is NOT a demonstration art for show in tournaments etc...it is a battlefield art form like all pure martial art forms the objective is to immobilise, destroy, kill the enemy swiftly and quickly... i.e "chatka" . How can you demonstarte such art forms in tournaments where all lethal vital point strikes, are banned , and the tournament is govenred by rules ?

If you havent seen any videos go to SV website or join the SV facebook group and watch the videos. If various schools of other martial arts are ackowledging the art form and have seen it demonstrated at the Martial Arts Show for the last 3 years..and have recognised it.. what exactly is your argument,..those guys have far more martial knowledge than you do. SV has been covered at least twice in martial arts iillustrated magazine in the UK as well.

Do you see any other proper combat art froms in competitions or tournaments ?? Kali,Eskrima,Silat etc ??? The answer is NO because they have no rules they are lethal combat forms not for public enetertainment. Also look into the "hadh torh" challenge this is the traditional form of competition, and anyone is welcome to the SV akharas in the UK to witnesss, ask questions or see demonstrations of the art form.

No SV will not make you invincible, nor will any other martial art, For those intrested in learning the traditional combat system of the Khalsa and maintaining heritage they should look into it.

actually those guys know nothing about martial arts

i call bs with all this shastar vidya hype cause they keep making stupid excuses rather then admit their to scared to compete, dude their use to be tournments and promotions which allowed anything goes fighting these urban myth's about this martial art or that martial art being so dangerous like kali, eskrima, silat and many others arn;t dangerous as ppl claim cause they always got beat and defeated buddy

but your the moran who thought boxing and wrestling was a waste of time clearly showing that everything that you communicate and say is bs

wrestlers beat these so called dangerous martial artists, their have bin many tournments and promotions run by gracie family and others in japan america brazil with guys comming from all martial arts backgrounds including eskrima and so on best of the best from all the so called to lethal martial arts and they got rocked against wrestlers and boxers, name any of these so called to dangerous martial arts like eskrima and you'll find them competing and getting defeated

what does uk martial arts magazine have to do with it or open martial arts demonstrations, don't waste your time and train in real combat up to date combat systems

i want to see some videos of sparring so it can be properly judged

and no coward excuses i want to see these guys compete

and ive searched facebook and shastarvidya website and seen the videos thats why i call it a waste of time

show some sparring videos AND EVERYONE WHO SAYS THEY ATTEND OR HAVE ATTENDED CLASSES RECORD VIDEOS OF THEM SPARRING OTHERWISE I CALL BS

now whose lieing cisco_singh or satryanpujari i know both you guys are but lets break something down

satryanpujari claimed that boxers wrestlers cage fighters were defeated by niddar singhs shastar vidya fighters at niddar singhs training facility

and cisco_singh says shastar vidya is to lethal to be used in competition if that were true then how would cage fighters boxers wrestlers competed against shastar vidya fighters like satryanpujari claims even though he hasn't provided evidence of this but just claims to be eyewitness to this

so yea cisco_singh you claim shastar vidya is to lethal for competition and satryanpujari claims that wrestlers boxers cagefighters have visited niddar singh and his fighters and were defeated

cisco_singh shastar vidya to dangerous for competition

satyanpujari apparantly boxers cagefighters wrestlers came to compete in niddar singh's training facility and were defeated

cisco_singh shastar vidya can never be used in competition

satyanpujari claims it has bin used in form of competition which was inviting wrestlers boxers cagefighters to niddar singh's facility to compete against shastar vidya fighters both your guys claim can't be true

Kali, Eskrima and Silat all have competitions and tournaments. And the contestants don't die from the deadliness. So whats with all the bs and why don't shastar vidya have any videos up of sparring sessions and why arn't they competing__________________