"Singh" Doing Sheesha

I have never seen anything like before, so correct me if I'm wrong but is he smoking some sort of pipe to bring out so much smoke? Why is he doing this? This is not a good image to set younger generation, they look up to the older generation to teach them right from wrong and if they see this sort of thing what kind of example will this set?

No community is perfect and there are bad apples in every dharam/culture/society/history. Judging from the picture, guy is probably around 16ish in some asian country and doing such stuff to appear cool in manmat way. He or thousands like him keep long kesh and wear sikh turban is because of internal fear of their parents. Just like punjab politician wear turban to gather votes from sikh population.

Can we ignore them? No we shouldn't. We, individuals should go and inspire such youngsters rather than ignoring them. Have them involve in your sangat and see how fast people chnage once they notice good things about our kaum.

I was seeing someone off at Terminal 5 earlier this year. Went outside while I was talking on the phone and saw a young Singh with his Punjabi girlfiend smoking a cigarette. And then also last year, at a wedding reception in Cranford, saw an amritdhari Singh (I'm assuming he was amritdhari because he wore a dumalla type pagh and clearly had an uncut kuli darhi)standing with the smoking lot outside with a cigarette in his hand (which he did his best to conceal). These are the kind of sights that you never forget in your life because when you see it you get overwhelmed with an immense feeling of sadness. Its hard to describe. Its definately more sadness than anger.

I was seeing someone off at Terminal 5 earlier this year. Went outside while I was talking on the phone and saw a young Singh with his Punjabi girlfiend smoking a cigarette. And then also last year, at a wedding reception in Cranford, saw an amritdhari Singh (I'm assuming he was amritdhari because he wore a dumalla type pagh and clearly had an uncut kuli darhi)standing with the smoking lot outside with a cigarette in his hand (which he did his best to conceal). These are the kind of sights that you never forget in your life because when you see it you get overwhelmed with an immense feeling of sadness. Its hard to describe. Its definately more sadness than anger.

I experienced something similar during my first year of university. I don't want to partake in nindiya (possibly because I'm still in denial about that individual, lol) but "that" moment when all illusions were shattered is still with me. It definitely opened my eyes as to there being a great difference between what people presented themselves as in public and what they really were all about in reality. Definitely a heart-sinking moment.

Sadly its not uncommon for kesdhari punjabis to be doing this but in that particular photo the individual is wearing a keski/gol dastar which is very surprising.

yes but have you not noticed the fashion among the new arrivals to this country from the majha areas. They're quite noticeable around here in Southall. They wear a smallish gol dastar but.......have trimmed beards and all the normal habits of normal punjabis. Not saying I've ever seen any of them smoke but just letting you know that the latest 'fashion' among normal everyday non-religious young sikhs especially in the majha areas of Gurdaspur and Amritsar district is to wear a type of gol pagh that most of us in the west would associate with more pious sikhs. Looks can be decieving.