The Truth About Niddar 'Singh' Martial Art

Only five

If anyone is able to beat the Gurdev, the Gurdev will denounce his position and the higher skilled person will assume the role of the Akhara Gurdev. For students, if any lesson is repeated more than once, or if you dont learn something new in the class, the Gurdev has nothing more to teach and you may leave. Until now, Ive never had a repeated lesson, and I always learn something new.

EGO EGO EGO!!

1984 came and went - where were these so called "warriors"?

Beadhbi to our living Guru ( and apprently Niddar's as well) is being carried out constantly - where are the warriors?

Countless sikhs have gone missing since 84 ... the list is endless, but where are only sikh 'warriors?'

oh wait a min - they are too busy inflating their egos by writing books, doing BBC interviews... oh and dont forget looking for the next 'last sikh warrior'.. lol -

Why is he looking for someone, none of his students good enough?

Niddar was challenged in 2005 but he or his chelay version of events was that he needed details of the lineage of the challenger's 'gurudev'! The Hadh Torh challenge that Niddar issues was shown off to be publicity stunt which when someone called his bluff was quietly forgotten.

What I would find interesting is whether Niddar or his chelay have actually had to use their so-called martial art in a real life fight situation? They keep calling Gatka an exhibition art and I have yet to hear of the last con man or his chelay having used their art in a real life situation. Parmjeet and Niddar could have used their SV skills at Hazur Sahib a few years ago but I suppose the Hazuri Singh couldn't provide documentary evidence of who their 'gurudevs' were and were saved a b.utt kicking!

1984 came and went - where were these so called "warriors"?

Beadhbi to our living Guru ( and apprently Niddar's as well) is being carried out constantly - where are the warriors?

oh wait a min - they are too busy promoting their ego by writing books and doing BBC interviews... oh and dont forget looking for the next 'last sikh warrior'.. lol -

Why is he looking for someone, none of his students good enough?

That's a bit like saying why can't Alan Sugar ( or Donald Trump) just put an ad in the newspaper for an apprentice! There would be no publicity in it and the ego of the last con man would not be fed. It is ironic that the 'secret art' which was kept hidden from not just all Punjabis but virtually all Sikhs for a century is not being touted around to any tom <banned word filter activated> and harry! Even non-Sikhs are being taught the art!

You make a good point. Going by his own story, he was 17 when he went to Punjab which would have been 1983/84. He stayed there for 11 years until 1995. So he was present in Punjab while thousands of the Sikh youth were taking up arms and fighting the tyranny of the Delhi sarkar. Events about which he would have been taught by his Gurudev daily such as Bhai Taru Singh, Bhai Sukha Singh, Bhai Mehtab Singh, Bhai Bota Singh and Bhai Garja Singh were being repeated around him in real life in Punjab at that time.. Did Niddar not see irony. There he was studying an art which was the art that Sikhs had used in history to defend themselves and others and yet he did not seek to use it to defend his own people. Where was the Hadh Torh challenge then?

Another thing that doesn't make sense it that Niddar's gurudev couldn't find someone in Punjab for decades to whom he could pass on his art and waited around a 17 year old brummie to pay a visit. More fantasy that fact.

I have never, ever heard niddar or any of his chele talk about or mention Naam Abhiyaas or Gurbani da Abhiyaas. Funny huh?

Also, this is how misleaded and delusional his chele are, noticed how many times he refered to niddar as "Gurdev"?

Guroo Sahib clearly states:

guradhaev maathaa guradhaev pithaa guradhaev suaamee paramaesuraa

how dare these idiots call some other human being "Gurdev"

Gurburakal, again I'm not questioning the artform. I understand that people are learning all the time which is great, I have no questions on their ability to learn or his ability to teach them different moves etc.

My questions are around the credibility of the numerous claims being made. Let's be honest, it doesn't seem like the teacher has any combat experience, despite being an expert in it. If the art truly is the supreme art and he is the last warrior and master of the art, then we have someone who potentially has never faced real battle.

I don't think it is a silly question at all since we are being told this is not an art that be demonstrated properly unless in full combat and that is the only time for it's full potential to be seen. Hence no competing in mainstream tournaments. Your karate teacher may teach to defend yourself against a street attack, he may be a bouncer who has experienced attacks n gives his life experience. A soldier teaching may give his experience of armed unarmed combat having served in battles. Here we are being taught full out battle, tactics, beheading, etc from someone who has never done any of it. Would you feel happy attending a boxing class by someone who had never entered the ring?

My point is that as a martial art, it looks great, it may well even be a battlefield art. But is the teacher an experienced warrior with real combat experience? No.

Sikhsangat.com has maintained a stand that we do NOT support Niddar in any way or form. For those who wonder why, please run a search and find threads that go all the way back to 2003-2004. We’ve had enough arguments/clashes on this forum over these topics. We also do not support any sites owing allegiance to him or his philosophy. Hang on, don’t grab my neck yet as I am only stating the stand/position of Sikhsangat.com and NOT my own views. You can contact any of the admins/mods on this issue if you really have a lot of time on your hands and want to get into details. I am only doing what should have been done already, that is right, I am locking this thread. Any more threads that are opened on this issue will be locked as well, so please don’t bother.