Concerns About Sikhri

Currently a speaker called Harinder Singh from the USA, who I believe is head of the organisation SikhRI, is very active in the UK, giving talks to the general sangat and now it seems he is getting into student circles as well.

I have read many different concerns across different forums regarding SikhRI and Harinder Singh, I will post my findings shortly. In the meantime I would request the USA sangat who have had interactions with this group to share their experiences and thoughts. Should the UK Sangat be wary of SikhRI and its speakers?

• Like 1
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Read my post here: http://forums.wahegu...post__p__204098 . Also read that thread regarding harinder started going global. This guy is total toxic. I would probably wash my hand thousand times if I m

In reality individuals/jathas in the panth are split on many viewpoints. Even on this forum most of us will have some strong differing opinions but will also strong opinions which we all agree on. My

Currently a speaker called Harinder Singh from the USA, who I believe is head of the organisation SikhRI, is very active in the UK, giving talks to the general sangat and now it seems he is getting in

Currently a speaker called Harinder Singh from USA, who I believe is head of the organisation SikhRI is very active in the UK, giving talks to the general sangat and now it seems he is getting into student circles as well.

I have read many different concerns across different forums regarding SikhRI and Harinder Singh, I will post my findings shortly. In the meantime I would request the USA sangat who have had interactions with this group to share their experiences and thoughts. Should the UK Sangat be wary of SikhRI and its speakers?

Well... you've clealry started the campaign for sowing the seed of doubt!

I also heard a while ago that they used to be called Fateh Camp and would offer meat to kids on camps, which caused an uproar, so they had to change their name to SikhRI. Knowing a few of their folks personally/locally, I'd say to be careful before you adopt anything they teach.

Maybe i'm being too optimistic, but wouldn't it be nice if someone sat with Harminder and brought up the points S1ngh veerg mentioned and see if he will openly address and reaffirm his beliefs on it and openly condemn the pakhandi missionaries

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ing_Asian_men./

Forward to 1hr 20

Did a good job, best I've heard yet

Just because a person agrees with one issue with the panth and he do well to defend that in public but at the same time disagrees with Gurbani and attempted to change gurbani in the past doesn't mean that we need to put him or his organization as our community leader or face.

If you get chance, congrats him on his bbc talk and ask him the points that i highlighted in my last post and judge him by that :)

• Like 1

The last talk i went to of Harinder Singh's was in Southall in June this year. He gave a very powerful talk and constantly referred to Sant Jarnail Singh as our Jathedar. But during the talk, he did also say that he didn't necessarily agree with Sant Jee on all his translations of Gurbani but never the less Sant Jee still was the Sikh Panths Jathedar.

So S1ngh, maybe you right? But as afew have stated...it will probably be best to ask him personally on his vichars.

In reality individuals/jathas in the panth are split on many viewpoints. Even on this forum most of us will have some strong differing opinions but will also strong opinions which we all agree on.

My personal opinion is currently we are not is a strong position to stand divided, we need to recognise areas of potential and use them to our advantage. I heard Harinder Singh on the BBC programme and he clearly filled a potential articulate gap Sikhs' have not being doing for the last 27 years. This is something we need to desperately capitalise on, no one else is effectively filling that gap in the western media.

Think about this objectively, this forum has been going on for 10 years and we have shared some strong opinions but none of us have stepped up to transferring them to the mainstream media. We even have 2 Sikh TV Channels, yet till now we have no articulate, charismatic, strong English voices to put the Sikh voice of 1984 forward in the mainstream. If someone is stepping up to it, pushing the right buttons, saying the right things to the media than we should at least recognise that. If people wish to counter the individual, then they need to step up to taking on the role that individual seems capable of doing.

27 years of disagreements over individual/jatha viewpoints has left us with a weak voice in the mainstream.

• Like 2

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Please can someone clarify Harinder Singh's interpretation of Gurbani and Naam Simran.

Maybe it would be good if someone can contact Harinder Singh to clarify his views.

Rabb Rakhe