Non Amritdhari Reading Guru Granth Sahib?

Papisingh

Please be careful of what you write here. Do not try to show disrespect to the Panth by saying majority of people in it are monay. Panth and monahs have nothing to do with each other.

That's in your imagination only.

I'll say it again more clearly, so you might grasp it.

A lot (if not most) of the monay of today are the direct descendants of the people who historically made up the Khalsa panth. Nothing you say can change this historical fact. So those monay, whether you like it or not - DO have everything to do with the panth. Sure, we may need to try and analyse why things have gone the way they have these days - but to ignore the link between these people and the historic Khalsa is pure delusion.

Plus, if the crap hits the fan, you will find plenty of monay who will place themselves under a metaphoric Sikh banner as this is what they identify themselves with - you saw that with the riots that took place in England with PLENTY of monay ready to defend and fight for Gurdwaray. Plus let's be honest, if you were attacked by people who tried to take you pagh off (which used to happen where I was growing up back in the day) - you'd be happy as hell to have some mona jump in and help you.

To be totally blunt - and knowingly at the risk of offending - personally I find the way certain Amritdharis, who are extremely cowardly in a physical sense (and there are a few of them out there like that sadly) give it large about their Khalsa credentials - is plain hypocrisy as we all know just how tough and physically prepared for violence the original Khalsa was.

Lets be frank, all of us today are mere pretenders to our exalted ancestors.

That's in your imagination only.

I'll say it again more clearly, so you might grasp it.

A lot (if not most) of the monay of today are the direct descendants of the people who historically made up the Khalsa panth. Nothing you say can change this historical fact. So those monay, whether you like it or not - DO have everything to do with the panth. Sure, we may need to try and analyse why things have gone the way they have these days - but to ignore the link between these people and the historic Khalsa is pure delusion.

Plus, if the crap hits the fan, you will find plenty of monay who will place themselves under a metaphoric Sikh banner as this is what they identify themselves with - you saw that with the riots that took place in England with PLENTY of monay ready to defend and fight for Gurdwaray. Plus let's be honest, if you were attacked by people who tried to take you pagh off (which used to happen where I was growing up back in the day) - you'd be happy as hell to have some mona jump in and help you.

To be totally blunt - and knowingly at the risk of offending - personally I find the way certain Amritdharis, who are extremely cowardly in a physical sense (and there are a few of them out there like that sadly) give it large about their Khalsa credentials - is plain hypocrisy as we all know just how tough and physically prepared for violence the original Khalsa was.

Lets be frank, all of us today are mere pretenders to our exalted ancestors.

You need a quite a lot of learning to do. I cannot believe the depth of your shamelessness in disrespecting the Panth. The Panth was formed by the sacrifices of our ancestors who gave their everything for us. They preferred death happily than deviate from their faith. The monah who have not an iota of faith, courage or shame to follow the faith of their ancestors and be grateful to their ancestors to be given the gift of Sikhi, today want to be included in the Panth just by right of birth.

This state of affairs has come about because Gursikhs have turned a blind eyes to the shamelessness of the monahs. Quanity can never ever compete with quality. The monahs are an insult to Sikhism and no matter how much they pretend, they can never be called Sikhs or be part of the Panth.

Thats not a nice thing to write mr quality control.

If ur thinking is like that, then i think you are in insult to insaaniyat and this world. I have never ever seen any monah arguing with an amritdhari nor have i ever seen one wanting to read Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. The only thing i've seen is hankaar in a few amritdharis.

You are belittling people for no reason, how can monahs be an insult to sikhism, because they dont have pagh, dhaari?

maybe its u that dont have the vishwas and faith in ur religion thats why u saying such things. Gursikhs have not turned a blind eye, you cannot force one to be something they do not want to be. And u do not realise that, as a human and you dont have the ability to see people for they are.

I will say this again, ur doing my head in, and sick n tired of ur stupid immature responses, you are scaring people away from sikhi not bringing them closer.

You are the insult to the website. END OF.

You need a quite a lot of learning to do. I cannot believe the depth of your shamelessness in disrespecting the Panth. The Panth was formed by the sacrifices of our ancestors who gave their everything for us. They preferred death happily than deviate from their faith. The monah who have not an iota of faith, courage or shame to follow the faith of their ancestors and be grateful to their ancestors to be given the gift of Sikhi, today want to be included in the Panth just by right of birth.

This state of affairs has come about because Gursikhs have turned a blind eyes to the shamelessness of the monahs. Quanity can never ever compete with quality. The monahs are an insult to Sikhism and no matter how much they pretend, they can never be called Sikhs or be part of the Panth.

This is a disgusting attitude towards fellow human beings? Are you not the same person who was jumping on me when I made a joke about the colour of people's skin? Yet the same person is coming on here and being judgmental to fellow human beings and members of the same religion. What kind of hatred is this? This huge judgement that you have made... what does that say about you? The first goal in Sikhi is to conquer ones own ego and yet here you are with your huge magnificant ego looking down upon others and judging others. I thought that Sikhi was about oneness of the human race, and promoting love between all people.

It is truly digusting what you have said and you should really be ashamed of yourself.

You are on your own when it comes to these views.

i agree 100%....i am the only singh in my family and my extended family...i grew up amongst moneh....i know how they mock Sikh practices and khalsa rehit...no offence to the mone brothers on this forum who actually have legitimate love for sikhi...but generally most mone hate and ridicule the khalsa kashatriya lifestyle...especially punjabi women..i have heard with my own ears how they mock singhs

This is a disgusting attitude towards fellow human beings? Are you not the same person who was jumping on me when I made a joke about the colour of people's skin? Yet the same person is coming on here and being judgmental to fellow human beings and members of the same religion. What kind of hatred is this? This huge judgement that you have made... what does that say about you? The first goal in Sikhi is to conquer ones own ego and yet here you are with your huge magnificant ego looking down upon others and judging others. I thought that Sikhi was about oneness of the human race, and promoting love between all people.

It is truly digusting what you have said and you should really be ashamed of yourself.

You are on your own when it comes to these views.

You need some reading lessons. When you get them and become better at understanding what you reading, perhaps your understanding will improve.

What I have said is the shamelessness of monah who donot have the courage to follow the basic tenents of Sikhism today having the cheek to call

themselves a majority part of the Sikh panth.

When we were growing up, seeing a monah brought utter disgust in our minds. Being aware of our history, our sacrifices of our ancestors, we could

not comprehend how a Sikh could dare disrespect his kesh. The monahs did not go out proclaiming that they are the panth. They were just a part of

the larger hair cut comunity. And look at the affairs today. Because we were born in Sikh family, we can become monah and bacause we are so many

monahs , we are now the Sikh Panth. PATHETIC.

You need some reading lessons. When you get them and become better at understanding what you reading, perhaps your understanding will improve.

What I have said is the shamelessness of monah who donot have the courage to follow the basic tenents of Sikhism today having the cheek to call

themselves a majority part of the Sikh panth.

When we were growing up, seeing a monah brought utter disgust in our minds. Being aware of our history, our sacrifices of our ancestors, we could

not comprehend how a Sikh could dare disrespect his kesh. The monahs did not go out proclaiming that they are the panth. They were just a part of

the larger hair cut comunity. And look at the affairs today. Because we were born in Sikh family, we can become monah and bacause we are so many

monahs , we are now the Sikh Panth. PATHETIC.

I'm nominating this as the most hankaari post of 2011