Why Did God Allow Sikhs To Be Defeated First Second Anglo Sikh War

hgsingh

Well let me take this topic to the level of secular reality :

Why Sikhs got defeated? Because Britishers had better military and better trained officiers. If those officiers were leading Sikh Army , Sikhs would have won the war. Do you know why we the third world are third world? Because we don't look at our own mistakes and always say "Why God let this happen" ...Well you see ...God is not only the God of Sikhs or Muslims or Christians..HE is the God of ALL humans..So the humans who work hard , have right priorties and are more advanced would win wars...no matter what religion they are..that is the simple rule. This problems lies in Muslims too. When you see the secular history of Islam...its amazing...out of 1400 years of its history..Islam/Muslims remained the dominant global power of the planet for over 1000+ years ( In the form of Arab Empire then Persian Empire and Ottomon Empire+ Mughal Empire and many more global empires) ...All these super/millitary powers were Muslims BUT they didn't achieve power because God was with them. They were advance scientifically...Arabs were creating Algebra in 10th centry..when Europeans didn't even use to wash their face for weeks (its not a joke...its true lol) ...Ottomon Empire's cavalary had the BEST tactics in the world (Circling your opponent rather than going head on...Use of 'naphthalem (?)' as a source of fire ...which made fire sticky) etc ... Muslims/Islam ruled the globe and conquered India/Persia/North Africa/Spain/Turkey/Central Asia/Europe and what not from 7th century to 17th/18th century...and then Europe came up...you know why? INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION ! ...We Asians missed that revolution and got behind...Even today many delusional Muslims think that Muslims are in demise because of their 'distance from religion'...this is not true..It all comes down to who is stronger and more advanced...So no offense bro but don't bring God into this...You lost because Britishers had better officiers and tactics and weapons...bravery doesn't win wars anymore..technology and economic power does !!!!

Why Sikhs got defeated? Because Britishers had better military and better trained officiers. If those officiers were leading Sikh Army , Sikhs would have won the war..... You lost because Britishers had better officiers and tactics and weapons...bravery doesn't win wars anymore..technology and economic power does !!!!

Bit off-topic but i think you really need to study that period as you are totally wrong that British forces were stronger than Khalsa Sarkar Army. Heard about Dogra brothers and how they sold out sikh plans to British in exchange of Kashmir. Do you know about traitors Lal SIngh and Teja Singh (so called generals of Sikh Army) deserted their post and tried to loot treasuary of Mahraja Ranjit Singh. Did you hear that ex-napolean army leaders worked under Ranjit SIngh and gave training to khalsa sarkar army. Do you know the name General Allard who was with Ranjit till his death. There were several non-sikh army mercenry, leaders, trainers who equiped khalsa army and soldiers belief in Sikhi is the reason why we were the best force in world history. Sadly, it was british who backstabbed sikhs by doing backend deals with traitors "Dogra Brothers". Also pay of Ranjit SIngh army soldiers were twice than what british soldiers were earning under queen victoria rule.

Point me any successfull King in history who never killed nor gave any capital punishment in his kingdom. If i want to make mockery of other kingdom then i don't have to far and point several past wife-hanging crazy kings of UK. At the same time, if i want to then i can go on praising punjabis then i can go on and talk about the more advanced civilization of the world [harappa and mohenjdaro].

bravery doesn't win wars anymore..technology and economic power does !!!!

America being the super power of the world in terms of techonology and arm power.. With all of that, they still couldn't control Afghanistan.. Its been like what? 10 years + ? DId you know how long it took Hari SIngh Nalwa under the guidance of Raja Ranjit SIngh defeated and sealed the invaders passage up in Afghanistan? Even after hundreds of years, there's still legend talks about sikh bravery in Afghanistan and not long time ago, old afghan bibian use to say.. "Stop playing around and Sleep now child.. otherwise hari nalwa will come..."

If you want to learn about history then you have to read books written by both side of world. Reading one side of the history written by british authors on Anglo-sikh history is of course going to have your views largely biased against sikhs and the residents of Punjab.

@Auzer,".bravery doesn't win wars anymore..technology and economic power does !!!!

Then why did Pakistan who had much better technology and much advanced weaponry donated

to it by America lost every war with India.

It was only the bravery of the Indian army especially the Sikh regiment which gave a bloody

nose to the pakistanis.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/Index.php?/topic/63606-we-sikhs-are-not-great-we-are-the-greatest/page__hl__%2Bsikh+%2Bsoldiers+%2Bare+%2Bthe+%2Bgreatest__fromsearch__1

Only Vaheguru knows why things had to happen the way they happened. It is all his mysterious ways. Better than Sikh homeland of Maharaja Ranjit Singh's kingdom was the Sikh homeland of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur. If only the Sikh homeland, the one created by Baba Banda Singh Bahadur had survived it would have been Khalsa Raaj back then. A real Satiyug.

Only Baba Banda Singh Bahadur had a prpoer Sikh army and enstilled Khalsa Raj. Maharaja Ranjit Singh's kingdom was known as a Sikh kingdom (Sarkar Khalsa), but many people are misinformed as it was more of a Punjabi kingdom.

We know of great commanders / genrals such as Akali Phula Singh ji and the great Hari Singh Nalwa. Also of the westerners such as Ventura nd Allard. However, the westerners only joined Maharaja Ranjit Singh after many of the conquests hd been made. Not much territory was gained after they joined. Many Sikhs I speak too do not know of the fact that at this time Sikhs were a minority and a huge proportion of the army was made up of non Sikhs i.e. Hindus and muslims. Predominantaly muslims made up the artillery units. One famous muslim General / commander of the artillery was a person along the lines Ghausa miah / mian can't remember exact name of the top of my head. Also another great commander / general was hindu diwan Mokham Chand, instrumental in the annextion of Kashmir.

Also Some of current day east punjab was never part of the Punjab the british annexed. Malwa was added after Punjab was annexed. Also Haryana was added to Punjab after 1857 mutiny.

1947 partition was a tremendous tradegy. However, many people I have spoken to also think the same of when Punjab was split again into Haryana and Himachal Pardesh. I personlly think it was a blessing as it allowed the Punjab we know to be a majority Sikh state for the first time. Also it allowed Punjabi and more importantly Gurmukhi too flourish as prior to 1947 the state written language was urdu. If Punjab remained as it was after 1947 partition the Punjabi suba movement of the 60's would not have been as succesful. As Haryana is more Hindi speaking and possibly the state of Punjabs written offical language could have been devangri script used for hindi. Splitting Punjab from Haryana was a blessing as it made gurmukhi the state language.

EDIT

Sorry for going off topic, just realised.