Sikhnet Or Sikh-Not?

NamoSarab

Then Gmustuk, you should clear up questions which members have here. I have question, but at the moment I won't be able to ask them. If Sikhnet is operating on it's own and is only promoting Gurmat then it should be able to answer all questions and concerns sangat has. So when i do ask these questions. I hope you or Guruka Singh answers them on this forum.

People are free to contact me or anyone at SikhNet if they have concerns. I am unable to "seek out" and answer everyone's questions. If someone is genuinly interested in SikhNet and has a concern or question they should contact us directly. We don't have time to engage and debate every little point or criticism....especially those that are not really interested in an answer and just want to criticize or find fault.

Anyone who is a user of SikhNet and has seen what we have been doing for the past 16+ years will know our motives are of service and should not believe the rant of anyone online. It's easy to criticize others....and get swayed by anything someone posts online......it's much harder to see the whole picture and give people the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to "spin" things any which way to serve someone own agenda to discredit something.

This path (Sikh) is one of unity and understanding...and the actions that I see of other Sikhs tearing each other down is really sad. More effort should be spent trying to help each other and lift each other up. We are doing what we can to try to help others. I wish more people would spend less time trying to find fault in others and more time serving others instead. This life energy is precious and should not be wasted arguing or putting people down.

Myself and the others at SikhNet have devoted their lives to serve and help others, and I think you and other should give us the benefit of the doubt when you reading stuff like what is posted on that website. The author of that website has his own movitves and agenda and it definitely is not to uplift others. Everything that he posts is soley to discredit and drag others into the dirt with him. Enough said.

I would encourage you to read our about page at: http://www.sikhnet.com/about-sikhnet and also read through the annual reports at the bottom which give an overview of things we have accomplished in different years as well as our budget/expenses.

People are free to contact me or anyone at SikhNet if they have concerns. I am unable to "seek out" and answer everyone's questions. If someone is genuinly interested in SikhNet and has a concern or question they should contact us directly. We don't have time to engage and debate every little point or criticism....especially those that are not really interested in an answer and just want to criticize or find fault.

Anyone who is a user of SikhNet and has seen what we have been doing for the past 16+ years will know our motives are of service and should not believe the rant of anyone online. It's easy to criticize others....and get swayed by anything someone posts online......it's much harder to see the whole picture and give people the benefit of the doubt. It's easy to "spin" things any which way to serve someone own agenda to discredit something.

This path (Sikh) is one of unity and understanding...and the actions that I see of other Sikhs tearing each other down is really sad. More effort should be spent trying to help each other and lift each other up. We are doing what we can to try to help others. I wish more people would spend less time trying to find fault in others and more time serving others instead. This life energy is precious and should not be wasted arguing or putting people down.

Myself and the others at SikhNet have devoted their lives to serve and help others, and I think you and other should give us the benefit of the doubt when you reading stuff like what is posted on that website. The author of that website has his own movitves and agenda and it definitely is not to uplift others. Everything that he posts is soley to discredit and drag others into the dirt with him. Enough said.

I would encourage you to read our about page at: http://www.sikhnet.com/about-sikhnet and also read through the annual reports at the bottom which give an overview of things we have accomplished in different years as well as our budget/expenses.

gurfateh jee

came across a few 3ho videos on youtube, was impressed when i saw stuff like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZZAAxmAb5A

but left a bit ... confused by this:

was just wondering your thoughts on this video? random people dancing to simran as if its some pop concert?

sorry to hijack the thread, feel free to make a new thread to respond if you want.

i would have pm'd u, but my pm feature appears to be disabled, and i would have made a new thread but dont want to make a big deal of it

thanks in advance jee

GMustuk...please dont get discouraged by the ignorant, egotistical people who slander you guys. I have come to the conclusion that they are just living in this fake fantasy and think they are God's chosen people and on their way to becoming saints. They think that only their views are right, but forget the fact that if they were born in different homes, they could have been hardcore hindus, muslims, akjs taksalis, nirankaris etc...

its all ego. They know nothing of God (neither do i)...but talk on his behalf. sad

I had a feeling i wouldn't get a proper response from you. But i'll put the questions up anyway so others are aware of the questions and how Sikhnet chose to answer such simple questions. Why do things behind e-mails when this is concerning the SIkh sangat? You spent a lot of time writing two post here to provide your side of the story, so it would be only right to answer the questions that are linked to your side of the story. If i was one to the just find fault, i wouldn't have donated to Sikhnet in the first place a couple years back. So leave your judgments to yourself and maybe take from your own advice, the video called judgment to compassion.

First question: Does Sikhnet promote yoga as a way to reach Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj or the worship of statue?

So here is the questions that are linked to three pictures: Is the below statue place in the entranceway to the 3HO Gurdwara? Also do Sikhs or 3HO Sikhs bow down to this idol or worship it in anyway if it is placed at the Gurdwara? See no fault finding or critizing just simple fact finding questions.

image44.jpg

Is this statue at the 3HO Gurdwara in Espanola? If so, do Sikhs or 3HO Sikhs worship this statue in any way shape or form? If it is there, who placed it there and why?

image45.jpg

In this picture on the far wall there is a picture with the woman in the middle. Who did the artist paint here? Then below the woman is a drawing of two Sikhs. Who did the artist paint on the left and on the right? Next question, where is this picture put up in the 3HO Gurdwara? Or where ever it has been put up? Also in the photo you can see two white Sikhs bowing in the corner to something. What are they bowing to?

image139.jpg

Nothing is as simple as it seems. People like to make judgements about Sikhs who have come into this lifestyle from a western background with VERY little understanding of them...their background, history....or even any actual 1-1 interation. So I always like to encourage people to talk face to face with others and keep an open mind. There is much we all have to learn and share and we can't do that when we start out with a holier than thou attitude or thinking the other is wrong.

The fact is that Through guru's blessing Many people from non-punjabi background have become inspired to life the lifestyle of a Sikh. Majority of them have been introduced to this path by initially practicing Kundalini Yoga and meditation and then later became exposed to the Sikh lifestyle and found it to be very congtruent. I was one of those kids whose parents grew up in their teens in the who were the first of their kind...and I was raised a Sikh while also practicing Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. I find it to be VERY in line with living as a Sikh and encourage anyone to try and experience it for themself. Part of my every morning "Sadhana" in amritvela is doign some yoga...streaching my body...tuning it up so then when I do my nitnem and folllow with meditation that I can sit and be clear.

First question: Does Sikhnet promote yoga as a way to reach Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj or the worship of statue?

I'm not sure why you are even asking this question. Look on SikhNet and see what we promote and post. It's all there. I have shared Kundalini Yoga on SikhNet before, but that is not our goal to turn people into Kundalini Yogis. It is merely a tool that can be used to become more healthy and aware. I don't know anyone that worships statues at SikhNet or within our communties. Most of the stuff on the website you are referring to is SO twisted and untrue. The author takes a picture or something and spins it into some tale as if it represents everyone or is fact.

He used a bunch of photos of mine that I had taken of SSS Harbhajan Singh Khalsa along with slanderous stuff so told him to remove my pictures since he never asked for permission to use them. Hi twist on that was turning those images into "SikhNet censored" as if we were trying to hide something. He still posts those as if we censored him. Everything he finds get's twisted into some bogus tale to fit his mission to get attention to himself and discredit western born Sikhs.

Yes...the Gurdwara in Espanola there is a statue on the outside of one side of the Gurdwara (not the entrance) where a small statue sits (as you saw in that picture). Just because there is a statue does not equate idol worship. We don't have the same association as you do. So when many Sikhs see a picture of the Guru or a statue it is considered a negative thing that might be worshipped. That's not the case here for us.

If you would like to read about the painting in that picture you can read this older blog post:

http://www.mrsikhnet.com/2005/08/03/mural-fresco-by-the-late-ed-obrien/

This will give some context and understanding of the history it plays in the Espanola sangat. This painting is in the back of the Gurdwara.

The area in that picture that you see people bowing is the small Gurdwara area (Alcove) where the weekly Akhand Path happens (See this picture to see what it looks like: http://www.mrsikhnet.com/2008/10/21/akhand-path-gurus-blessing/ )

I hope this answers some of your questions. Come visit the sangat here and see things for real and what the reality is. People come all the time and are always inspired to visit be with the Sangat and talk with people. I would encourage you to do the same and hopefully you will get a better understanding and see that we are very much in-line with the same things you believe and practice and get a better understanding of the background.

You can tune in each week and watch the Gurdwara that happens ( http://www.espanolaashram.com ) or read more about happenings in the local community.

Then Gmustuk, you should clear up questions which members have here. I have question, but at the moment I won't be able to ask them. If Sikhnet is operating on it's own and is only promoting Gurmat then it should be able to answer all questions and concerns sangat has. So when i do ask these questions. I hope you or Guruka Singh answers them on this forum.

I have a question for you..... do you think Sikhnet /3HO done anything positive in your eyes or is it all negative?

I may not like some practises or idols I see in pictures here or there however I can see there contribution towards the Sikh community in terms of raising awareness to the wider world and inspiring others to embrace sikhi alone is invaluable ....I cant say that for SGPC or other organisations who is doing nothing to spread Sikhi in different nations especially where Sikh numbers are threatened and who we have historical links with (Afghanistan,Pakistan, Iraq,etc)

If you would like to read about the painting in that picture you can read this older blog post:

http://www.mrsikhnet...late-ed-obrien/

This will give some context and understanding of the history it plays in the Espanola sangat. This painting is in the back of the Gurdwara.

I suppose its a similar story/ direction in a sense to the paintings that were around Harmander Sahib! I can see that painting turning into a part of Gurdwara hertiage/history! If some punjabis had their way they would have already plastered over it!!! Well done for protecting it! :)