Why Are There No Women Granthies In Darbar Sahib?

sorry where do i mention sexual inclination in my post? really dont know where you are going with your post!

Your better off left in the dark, sometimes too much info can drive a person away from what is righteous. :biggrin2:

• Like 1
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To the Singh Sahibs who feel let women do any lobbying they want, (i.e. it;s not the Singh's issue/problem, it's the Singhni's problem, let her sort it out) it should be known that history has shown c

this bibi agrees with you , most woman lack the courage to move forward , they are too afraid of what other men and woman might say , it's the male dominated culture trap ! people talk about sex equal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6bb21HIgPY ...you know I'm kidding, Singh. Or am I?..... :wow: How we went from whether our sisters should undertake Granthi duties to the topic of homosexuality with

Posted Images

Only five, think you've summed yourself up in your post, maybe you have insight after all :)

aaaaaawwwww......the western liberal mindset of feminism was injured...........you should look into getting another secular degree and then maybe feminism could be understood in Sikhi.........the phrase, think outside the box might just push you along :biggrin2:

aaaaaawwwww......the western liberal mindset of feminism was injured...........you should look into getting another secular degree and then maybe feminism could be understood in Sikhi.........the phrase, think outside the box might just push you along :biggrin2:

Brilliant can you clarify what the western liberal mindset of feminism is?

Forgive me if im wrong but didnt our guru's teach us to have both miri and piri quite funny how people who dont have any secular knowledge shun it away.

My last post on this subject as it as veered away from the subject pretty rapidly and im sure only five would come out with more garbage that he doesnt really understand ...(google is not always your friend)

• Like 1

Brilliant can you clarify what the western liberal mindset of feminism is?

Forgive me if im wrong but didnt our guru's teach us to have both miri and piri quite funny how people who dont have any secular knowledge shun it away.

My last post on this subject as it as veered away from the subject pretty rapidly and im sure only five would come out with more garbage that he doesnt really understand ...(google is not always your friend)

Buy yourself a Sikhi dictionary and look up miri and piri. Focus more on reading Gurbani with concentration, instead of reading like you are doing Guru Sahib a favor by reading Gurbani.

Buy yourself a Sikhi dictionary and look up miri and piri. Focus more on reading Gurbani with concentration, instead of reading like you are doing Guru Sahib a favor by reading Gurbani.

Are you actually struggling to comprehend what is written...i know the meaning of miri and piri! You highlighted a secular degree as being a bad thing maybe you should get one as your struggling to see how it relates to miri!

"Focus more on reading Gurbani with concentration, instead of reading like you are doing Guru Sahib a favor by reading Gurbani"

I agree this is a good tip for you more gurbani less spouting nonsense that has no relation to anything we are discussing!

• 4 weeks later...

How about we just let the bibian raise this issue? By all books, there are no restrictions. If bibian really want a particular sewa then they have to work for it and earn it. Also, such issues need to be raised by those who live locally rather than someone from other country (huge cultural differences).

Without any offense to all my brothers and sisters.. It is a shocking reality that our sisters in Punjab are not active anywhere in any field. How many kaur activist we see today (both here and there) ?

Take a look at this forum, how many bibian we see discussing any social or political issue at hand? Either it is all singhs fault for not providing platform or either bibian taking their freedom granted.

Bibian and Banday can do any job in our sikhi society however preferences can be given to certain gender in various fields.

about 9ish years back i know of jatha of bibiyan (who i wont name as im pretty sure they wont approve) got together and protested at Sri Akal Takht Sahib. They were beaten with danday by the SGPC force or whatever they call themselves. I know one bibi personally who left with broken ribs.