Why Are So Many Moderate Sikhs Against Khalistan

hgsingh

One thing I can say is that for Khalistan to succeed we need to make it more secular and inviting.... Like Sikh Raj of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Maybe even coming with a different name instead of Khalistan as it envokes fear to the minorities living in panjab.

RAJ KAREGA KHALSA AAKI RAHEGA NA KOI KHALISTAN ZINDABAD.

Whether we choose to call it 'Khalistan', a name with blatant religious connotations, or we imagine a more secular and all-encompassing name, people will still associate that nation with Sikhs.

Because of the paranoid self-hatred of non-Sikhs in the Punjab, Punjabiyaat has become inextricably linked to being Sikh. Of the Punjabi Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs, only we have not deserted our mother tongue in the hundreds of thousands. The Punjabis of Pakistan are embarrassed to speak it, preferring Urdu, an artificial language from Central India. And the Hindu Punjabis made it clear in the Punjabi Suba of 1966 that they do not wish to be associated with us, considering Hindi to be their mother tongue. They dismembered and dissected our Punjab for the second time in its history.

Why should those who are embarrassed of our motherland and our mother tongue have any say in what an independent Punjabi nation is to be called?

The posts on this page have been really good. But, essentially, it all boils down to what I said in message 133, i.e the fact that the vast majority of 'khalistanis' in the UK are moneh Punjabis with a deep pride in being Punjabi. i.e Punjabis with enough general knowledge to know that never, in their entire history, were they part of India until India lied and tricked them into being so with that speech full of lies in 1946. Any human being, whether Sikh, Scot or Quebecan, with an ounce of self-respect and dignity, would never accept being a second rate being like that. So, the real question should be what kind of Sikhs are there out there that have so little self-respect that they enjoy being a gulaam of a foreign nation ? Thats the real question.

Me ? like alot of Punjabi Sikhs, am motivated by the same reasons that Scots, Catalans and Basques are for example. That reality is that the nation that now occupies my land (for the first time ever in my thousands of years history) only does so because of the lies and false promises they made to my people in 1946. That makes their occupation of Punjab illegal as well as immoral.

In contrast to the premise that the OP of this thread insinuates, i.e. that 'extremists' back Khalistan and 'moderates' do not, in my experience the vast majority of supporters and campaigners for a free Punjab are not very religious monehs who are motivated with a great national pride in being Punjabi rather than Indian, in much the same way as the Scots and Catalans.

The reason why these moderate Sikhs are against Sant ji is because they know that he stood against what they stand for. These guys don't keep kesh, drink alcohol, and fornicate then they think they can make rules about sikhi. These moderates are only sikh in name and we should pay no attention to what they have to say. We all know the real spirit of sant Ji and what he stood for what he represented we know deep in our hearts that he started the sikh revival of his time these moderates are nothing but reformers and it's time to do some spring cleaning within the panth

The reason why these moderate Sikhs are against Sant ji is because they know that he stood against what they stand for. These guys don't keep kesh, drink alcohol, and fornicate then they think they can make rules about sikhi. These moderates are only sikh in name and we should pay no attention to what they have to say. We all know the real spirit of sant Ji and what he stood for what he represented we know deep in our hearts that he started the sikh revival of his time these moderates are nothing but reformers and it's time to do some spring cleaning within the panth

Little brother, agree with you but have to tell you that you haven't correctly understood the truths that have been revealed to you on this thread. The 'moderates' are the Sikhs that believe in Sikhism without extremely veering off from it with views and standpoints that are 'extremely' different to that of Sikhi. The extremists are those that have veered so extremely to one side or another from Sikhism that they stress all kinds of extreme things, such as bowing down to a foreign occupying force, drinking alcohol etc.

You have good things to say, but start with the basics. The basic is not mixing up your moderates with your extremists just because the Canadian media does so. Words, dear brother, are the sharpest and most powerful weapons of all. Our enemies understand this better than us. That is why those that that have veered to an 'extreme' level from Sikhi call themselves the 'moderates' and call those that have no ulterior motive other than Sikhi 'extremists'. Its a game of semantics. But its an all powerfull game. More powerfull than kirpans or guns. Thats why they're winning and we're losing.

Like I said...you're my little brother and the future of Sikhi. You have desire and dedication to do right by Sikhs. Thats a good thing. Our panth needs a new generation like you. But, we need your new generation to understand the war of words better than the previous generation did.

Guest Jacfsing2

This is an insult to Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji, "Khalistan mango, Khalsa banno". (I guess no one really likes anyone from the AKJ).

• 4 weeks later...

Can you please tell me where saroops are being burned

And having kesh makes you a good sikh? I mean get real your profile name is ghetto sikh... How ridiculous

Its actually a relatively common occurance. I think if you followed Punjab news you'd hear of those, but I'm willing to bet you don't.

Having discussed his user name with him, he's not calling himself ghetto, but rather so that he comes from an area which is poorer than most.

Little brother, agree with you but have to tell you that you haven't correctly understood the truths that have been revealed to you on this thread. The 'moderates' are the Sikhs that believe in Sikhism without extremely veering off from it with views and standpoints that are 'extremely' different to that of Sikhi. The extremists are those that have veered so extremely to one side or another from Sikhism that they stress all kinds of extreme things, such as bowing down to a foreign occupying force, drinking alcohol etc.

You have good things to say, but start with the basics. The basic is not mixing up your moderates with your extremists just because the Canadian media does so. Words, dear brother, are the sharpest and most powerful weapons of all. Our enemies understand this better than us. That is why those that that have veered to an 'extreme' level from Sikhi call themselves the 'moderates' and call those that have no ulterior motive other than Sikhi 'extremists'. Its a game of semantics. But its an all powerfull game. More powerfull than kirpans or guns. Thats why they're winning and we're losing.

Like I said...you're my little brother and the future of Sikhi. You have desire and dedication to do right by Sikhs. Thats a good thing. Our panth needs a new generation like you. But, we need your new generation to understand the war of words better than the previous generation did.

@ jagsaw agree with you here on a lot of stuff in this post. I don't agree with your views on the nation part.

There is a concept of nation in khalsa, but as a brotherhood not a country.