"uk Panjabi Model, Pak Bf & Drugs!"

RebelSingh

I don't believe I'm going to say this but we should have adopted the policy of sending our children to the Gurughar daily for religious education after school hours like the Muslims have been sending their children to mosque.

I've been hearing since I was a child from Muslim acquaintances "Going to mosque after school", so I reckon it's about time "Going to Gurughar after school" became a common phrase amongst us.

Kids gloves are off, our people are besharam and aren't understanding the softly-softly approach anymore, that's if they ever did. Things are getting worse and it's either wait for people to experience a divine revelation and mend their ways, or more realistically sort things out on their behalf because we aren't willing to do it for ourselves.

But I fear it is too late for such a radical change. This kind of action was needed when our forefathers were coming to this country and settling down, establishing roots. Such routines and systems should've started back then as not many would've objected. Now I can see the sell-outs in our community go crying to the papers and radio stations and moaning that the "hardliners" are forcing their kids into religious education.

Nevermind. :angry2:

How was this girl raised

Was she abused growing up

Neglected growing up

Grew up with low self esteem

WHY do u keep opening same old threads for? @Genie has already exposed u so many times, give it a rest mate! Thank god "HDSH" closed ur thread, u keep askin same ol silly question.

WELL, how about because she is probably a loose young lady, like many out there. She is probably brought up as a panjabi, who cant speak the language, dont know anything of our religion/sharam, so there u have it, basically she is a gori (coconut). She watches bollywood cos it has subtitles, and eats apna food coz its tasty, apart from that she's a gori with a tan n a funny ethnic name!

There r girls/boys in my family which r religious, and not religious, but they have been brought up properly, with values, thats wat it has 2 do with, forget this crap about low esteem bakwaas. give these girls stories of wat women of mir manu jail did for our kaum, n they'd block all the phone numbers of dese ali's n hussains! im not totally dismissin this esteem stuff, but it isnt as big as problem/reason as lack of sharam/religious knowledge.

Altho sayin that, there r plenty of muslim girls who r just as loose, but difference is, they wont run away from home, there is a fear factor, and also they have knowledge (even if a little) of their religion. I remember muslims girls comin 2 college wit hijabs, soon as their dads had gone from the car park, they'd rush into the toilets, put on the tight tops/skirts/nuk vich koka and hijabs off! Asian muslims girls r brought up like our panjabi girls r, in that they dont admittedly have as much freedom as the boys, but atleast our girls have more freedom regarding clubs/drinkin ,so how come our girls STILL run away? u wudda thort it'd b house-jailed muslim girls who'd run away. Simple it's dharam knowledge in my opinion.

Next decade will be crucial for sikhs in the UK i reckon, coz from 2001-2011, coz of 9/11, muslims increased their love for their religion, more hijabs/ninjas have appeared, more white converts have appeared. The next 10 yrs i hope sikhs will make a stamp, it can be done im sure, but where do we start? my opinion, throw all the old people off the committees in gurdwaras, more english has 2 b spoken in gurdwara's otherwise we aint goin nowhere, fact!!

Kalyugi is spot on. Sikhs need to start sending their children to the Gurdwara for religious education. Santhiya should a must in every Gurdwara where children should atleast know how to do Paath and even Kirtan. Sadly instead of sending our girls to the Gurdwara to learn Paath or kirtan our parents are sending their children to Gidha classes and other nonsense activities which will not save them from having to go down the same route this Punjabi model went i.e. ending up with a Pakistani boyfriend.

Religious education should have started from the first generation of immigrants, unfortunately they did not see the consiquences of their children's secular upbringing. But what is preventing the current generation from making a change? if the previous generation made a mistake let us not repeat it with the next generation. Sikhs now should send their children to the Gurdwara to be instructed in Gurmat, Paath, Kirtan. Start off with your own children or if you don't have children then ask your brother or sister to send their children to the Gurdwara for Paath and kirtan classes.

We need to bring religious values back to the family. Girls in our families should be taught the examples of the ladies from the Guru's house hold who were pious, religious and devoted to the family and their Dharm.

Rebelsingh you don't understand what role social issues play

That's why sikh leadership fails to stop the problem for 20 years

Jonny101 their are sikh camps that try doing this but most kids get bored and rebel and stop going were muslims force their kids to go even if they hate it

Sikhs arnt a people that force their religion on anyone its against sikhi

Instead gurdwaras need good sikh teachers cause most suck

Regarding social issues for this girl to smuggle drugs for her boyfriend sure means she grew up pretty bad either around alchole abuse or drug abuse or may bin molested growing up

Their a lot of social issues that cause sikh guys to be wanna be gangsters and drug addicts and girls to have low self esteem and smuggle drugs for their boyfriends

I see empowered sikh girls and how they were raised and weak girls and how they were raised vs girls who wear mini skirts and get drunk