Rehraas Sahib At Harminder Sahib

ghatak

People people people i only came onto the site because of this topic. I have attached an awesome clip of Katha by Giani Harbhajan Singh Ji Dhudhike Wale about this topic and the changes with teh karah parshad maryada today. Please have a listen below then discuss your views. Please note- The Katha is awesome!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing. this also states the changes made in harminder sahib maryada in 1930.

"Harman1990" Ji,

Before the 20th century there was no concept of any single organization that was known as "damdami taksal". The main "Gurbani teaching" samperdais that existed before the 20th century were the Nirmalas and the Udaasees.

Near the end of the Missal period and during the Raj of Ranjit Singh, both of them became heavily influenced by Sanatanist and Vedant traditions. This is all documented in history.

Modern day Damdami Taksal is actually a product of the pro-Panthic Nirmala and the Singh Sabha movement that occurred in the turn of the 20th century. Baba Sundar Singh Bhindrawalay was a student of Baba Bishan Singh Nirmala, and both were associated with the Singh Sabha movement along with Bhai Veer Singh Ji also associated with Singh Sabha movement and a student of Giani Hazara Singh Ji. Back then there was concept of a "damdami taksal" as we now know it. It is easy to re-write history to simplify things, but the facts speak for themselves.

My comment was in connection to the post-1984 era when one particular Sikh organization temporarily took over Sri Akal Takht and the Sri Darbar Sahib and enforced their own Maryada at both institutions by force.

"ghatak" ji, I recite Rehraas Sahib that belongs to my Guru and Panth. I am NOT obsessed with any particular kind of "Rehraas Sahib" that is being associated with some Sikh tribe or Jatha.

My Banee and Nitem belongs to my Guru, and He is the only one I need to answer to not you or anyone else.

I translated this a few years ago it is very rough but its something.

Rehraas Sahib

The paat of Sri Rehraas Sahib has nine shabds from SGGS, and then there is Chaupai Sahib, some dohras, Anand Sahib, mundvani, pauri and a salok.

ਤਿਸੁ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੀ ਟੇਕ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਨੈ ਮਾਹਿ ॥

ਜਿਸੁ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ਸਗਲੇ ਦੂਖ ਜਾਹਿ ॥2॥

This is where Rehraas sahib is up to. So the Chaupai Sahib and Dohras that come Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee has told us to recite these, so Gursikhs have time to recite some Dasam Bani. So Bhai Mani SInghs Panj Granthi has these dohraas in them. Bhai Mani Singh wrote In his Gutka sahib the Rehraas that was recited at that time. So in those old granths the sampooran and correct Rehraas Sahib is written. And in the Damdami Taksal, this Rehraas sahib has been preserved. In the takhats people that have been in control have changed it and made their own maryadas up.

So at sri darbar sahib in 1920 ad, a new group of people called the gargujas took control. For 5 years they continued to recite the complete Rehraas sahib. When Klaas waleea kartar singh become the Granthi at darbar sahib. He and some other people got together and said we should shorten Rehraas sahib just like the panch khandeea bhasaureeas have done. That is the Rehraas we should read. We should read 25 pauria in chaupai sahib. So after that they started reading it up to dust dokh tai leho bachaee. They also took out the last three shabads, thatai too samrat, antar gurd, and rakhai rakhanhar. So they started reading half of Rehraas sahib at sri darbar sahib. They did this for about 5-6 years.

So at darbar sahib upto 1923 the complete Rehraas was read without any debates. But in 1923 there was some talk about shortening it, but until 1926 the complete rehrras was still read at darbar sahib. Then in 1932 for the first time the short Rehraas was read at darbar sahib. So the grathi singh read the short Rehraas and stood up to do Ardaas,but the rest of the Sangat continued to do the complete Rehraas. The Granthi singh was the only one standing so he sat down, only after the complete Rehraas was read did the Sangat do Ardaas. This happened in 1932.

So the next day they brought 200 men and forced their Maryada at sri Akaal Takhat sahib and sri darbar sahib.

At first the complete Rehraas that comes in the puratan pothia and gutkai was read at all takhats and gurdwarai and by all Gursikhs. At the time when Central Maja Divan and Panch Khandeea Divans were made the trned to shorten bani started. During the Akaali Movement they printed gutkai with these shortened bania. This is how the puratan and complete Rehraas was shortened down.

So as guru jee hast started the Gursikhs should follow that Maryada and not any new maryadas. Following guru jees Maryada we make guru jee happy and follow the path they started. If we use our own thinking then we will lose our faith and respect for guru jee. By reading shortened bani we are losing the fal(profit) we get from reciting the complete version, and on the other hand we are collecting sins by disregarding guru jee’s Maryada. Reading shortened bani does not make our guru happy, we should read the complete version, then guru jee will listen to our Ardaas’s and bless us with true happinesss and give us whatever we want.

I translated this a few years ago it is very rough but its something.

Rehraas Sahib

The paat of Sri Rehraas Sahib has nine shabds from SGGS, and then there is Chaupai Sahib, some dohras, Anand Sahib, mundvani, pauri and a salok.

ਤਿਸੁ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੀ ਟੇਕ ਨਾਨਕ ਮਨੈ ਮਾਹਿ ॥

ਜਿਸੁ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ਸਗਲੇ ਦੂਖ ਜਾਹਿ ॥2॥

This is where Rehraas sahib is up to. So the Chaupai Sahib and Dohras that come Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee has told us to recite these, so Gursikhs have time to recite some Dasam Bani. So Bhai Mani SInghs Panj Granthi has these dohraas in them. Bhai Mani Singh wrote In his Gutka sahib the Rehraas that was recited at that time. So in those old granths the sampooran and correct Rehraas Sahib is written. And in the Damdami Taksal, this Rehraas sahib has been preserved. In the takhats people that have been in control have changed it and made their own maryadas up.

So at sri darbar sahib in 1920 ad, a new group of people called the gargujas took control. For 5 years they continued to recite the complete Rehraas sahib. When Klaas waleea kartar singh become the Granthi at darbar sahib. He and some other people got together and said we should shorten Rehraas sahib just like the panch khandeea bhasaureeas have done. That is the Rehraas we should read. We should read 25 pauria in chaupai sahib. So after that they started reading it up to dust dokh tai leho bachaee. They also took out the last three shabads, thatai too samrat, antar gurd, and rakhai rakhanhar. So they started reading half of Rehraas sahib at sri darbar sahib. They did this for about 5-6 years.

So at darbar sahib upto 1923 the complete Rehraas was read without any debates. But in 1923 there was some talk about shortening it, but until 1926 the complete rehrras was still read at darbar sahib. Then in 1932 for the first time the short Rehraas was read at darbar sahib. So the grathi singh read the short Rehraas and stood up to do Ardaas,but the rest of the Sangat continued to do the complete Rehraas. The Granthi singh was the only one standing so he sat down, only after the complete Rehraas was read did the Sangat do Ardaas. This happened in 1932.

So the next day they brought 200 men and forced their Maryada at sri Akaal Takhat sahib and sri darbar sahib.

At first the complete Rehraas that comes in the puratan pothia and gutkai was read at all takhats and gurdwarai and by all Gursikhs. At the time when Central Maja Divan and Panch Khandeea Divans were made the trned to shorten bani started. During the Akaali Movement they printed gutkai with these shortened bania. This is how the puratan and complete Rehraas was shortened down.

So as guru jee hast started the Gursikhs should follow that Maryada and not any new maryadas. Following guru jees Maryada we make guru jee happy and follow the path they started. If we use our own thinking then we will lose our faith and respect for guru jee. By reading shortened bani we are losing the fal(profit) we get from reciting the complete version, and on the other hand we are collecting sins by disregarding guru jee’s Maryada. Reading shortened bani does not make our guru happy, we should read the complete version, then guru jee will listen to our Ardaas’s and bless us with true happinesss and give us whatever we want.

thanks for sharing. the goal of this topic or thread is only to read sampooran baanis as told by guru gobind singh ji maharaj himself.

"Harman1990" Ji,

Before the 20th century there was no concept of any single organization that was known as "damdami taksal". The main "Gurbani teaching" samperdais that existed before the 20th century were the Nirmalas and the Udaasees.

Near the end of the Missal period and during the Raj of Ranjit Singh, both of them became heavily influenced by Sanatanist and Vedant traditions. This is all documented in history.

Modern day Damdami Taksal is actually a product of the pro-Panthic Nirmala and the Singh Sabha movement that occurred in the turn of the 20th century. Baba Sundar Singh Bhindrawalay was a student of Baba Bishan Singh Nirmala, and both were associated with the Singh Sabha movement along with Bhai Veer Singh Ji also associated with Singh Sabha movement and a student of Giani Hazara Singh Ji. Back then there was concept of a "damdami taksal" as we now know it. It is easy to re-write history to simplify things, but the facts speak for themselves.

My comment was in connection to the post-1984 era when one particular Sikh organization temporarily took over Sri Akal Takht and the Sri Darbar Sahib and enforced their own Maryada at both institutions by force.

"ghatak" ji, I recite Rehraas Sahib that belongs to my Guru and Panth. I am NOT obsessed with any particular kind of "Rehraas Sahib" that is being associated with some Sikh tribe or Jatha.

My Banee and Nitem belongs to my Guru, and He is the only one I need to answer to not you or anyone else.

seems like you are against damdami taksal of guru gobind singh ji. so you are against guru gobind singh ji maharaj. anyway think whatever you want to. i dont care about that

and do u know who was the first jathedar of damdami taksal it was amar shaheed baba deep singh ji who was the beloved sikh of guru gobind singh ji.

which Sikh Organization emerged in Post 1984?

History of witness that during the time of Dasam Guru, his bani was in different pothis, was the Panth weaker during the time of Guru Gobind Singh Je? you be the judge of that.

Bhai Mani Singh Jee later on collected dasam bani and compiled it into a single granth.

History also tells us that during the evacuation of Sri Anandpur Sahib, the saroop of Sri Dasam was lost to the river, and that Bhai Mani was requested to prepare another. Bhai Mani Singh did not aim to collect different banis of 10 th Guru and lump them together. it was to re-introduce Sri Dasam to oanth again.

So the saroop of Sri Dasam was written in stages but put together in one volume, and the panth was stronger because of that.

ive just said it was taken by Guru Khalsa Panth, you did understand that yes? i beleieve in the years around 1730-1750.

When you said a decision was taken by the Guru Khalsa Panth, it seems as though you were hinting towards an event that must have taken place. But seeing as though this is not the case I don't see a reason for following a man made innovation and forcing everyone else to do the same.