Provisioning In Anand Karaj Maryada ?

N30S1NGH

This comment is just as uneducated and besharm as the aunty in the video. If today the Panth passes the Amrit Sanchar Act does that mean Amrit was only started today; July 3, 2012? Interent "scholars" should first ask why are they even writing anything and then ask why the Act was passed?

btw how did our gurus get married? i know guru nanak drew a ik onkar on the floor and circulated around that, but what about the others?

cheers mate

So called shear Punjabi need a life & education

I would like to remind you, that none of our guru sahibs, had Anand Karaj Marriages and the Anand Karaj Act was passed in 1909, 200 years after the passing on of Guru Gobind Singh ji.

It can be argued therefore, that had guru Sahib, wanted us to have Anand Karaj marriages, he would have in fact introduced them

LOOOOOL well wasnt it Guru AmarDas & Guru RamDas' collaboration that formed the Anand Karaj & Lavaan?? Bloody foolish dopey sikhs get on ma nerves man, does it hurt 2 do research or sumfin? i feel compelled 2 go on the youtube page n reply, but ill only end up swearing like i usualy do with my usual anger and get criticized even more. Plus coconuts do my nut in 2.

EDIT:.....Oh Well i couldnt help myself and left a comment on there, oh n whoever is CalSingh on this forum, good one mate!

bsingh,

I am in this delimna as well. How can we strike a right balance between upholding maryada and not turning them away of other means i.e- totally put off by sikhi, or other workarounds like any joe blow renting granthi to take sri guru granth sahib halls, people house to perform anand karaj there.!!

I think one thing we can all agree is parchar, parchar, and more parchar on anand karaj and its maryada. Why wait until couples are about tying the knot? Why not incorporate chapter of anand karaj in our regular parchar such as workshops, camps, lecture session, sunday katha etc?

I believe upholding of maryada is much more important than turning a few people away.

Once rules have been made, they have to be followed.

And the biggest problem in us is that we want to please everybody

and follow what suits us.

The video is NOT from original poster which has ALL suspect negative comments on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLJ1yGbggA

So called shear Punjabi need a life & education

I would like to remind you, that none of our guru sahibs, had Anand Karaj Marriages and the Anand Karaj Act was passed in 1909, 200 years after the passing on of Guru Gobind Singh ji.

It can be argued therefore, that had guru Sahib, wanted us to have Anand Karaj marriages, he would have in fact introduced them. Extremist groups, trying to force their will on people, who gave you the right and the authority, (been hearing voices again, have we!)

binder3261 3 hours ago pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

well said jasmine!

a2malhiin reply to Jasminedhaliwal13(Show the comment) 9 hours ago

About the video: Cyber bullying an aunty...oh how courageous of you

About the situation: People get married to white christians n brown hindus, etc all the time and nothing ever happens. A NIGERIAN Christian. Oh yeaaa i forgot he's black...let's just point that out because of course skin colour is soooo important...Racist hypocrites who complain when people are racist against you and yet behave the same way. These people aren't just intolerant to other faiths and races. They're intolerant to pe

Jasminedhaliwal13 10 hours ago

Yeah she said it straight up. I been to so many weddings where a none Sikh person marries a Sikh person. They happen all the time, why would these people take so much offense. Honestly this is getting way out of hand.

Chanprit 12 hours ago

good for her!!! she told them straight, whoever posted this video should be well ashamed of themselves!!

a2malhi 13 hours ago 2

Further negative quotes added by different accounts -

Once upon a time four door's were put on the very first GURDWARA.

This was to show that GURU NANAK'S house is open to all regardless of CASTE,CREED AND RELIGION.

What went wrong?

exposingnijjhar 24 minutes ago

Stupid me thought the house of GURU NANAK DEV JI was open to ALL.What if the groom had started walking on the path of sikhi after the wedding like many more non-punjabi jat person's Fat chance now.

exposingnijjhar 34 minutes ago

The bigot singhs who posted this u tube video, identify yourselves! Cowards, if you are right, stop being cowards and identify who you are.....have you been to the big city gurudwaras such as soho road or southall to stop any non sikh weddings? No! Because they would not let your despicable beings into the gurudwara, you are only targetting small gurudwaras you bunch of cowards......IDENTIFY YOURSELF and POST THIS COMMENT ........cowardly people that you are

5ikh4ever 1 hour ago

WHY ARE YOU POSTING THESE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON THIS SITE FOR

GOODNESS SAKE.

Actually this is a snap shot of what is happening right now we need to know this to understand where they are coming from if we don't educate ourselves about their questions how will you be ready to answer them!!!!

All i can say guys is approach this issue very sensibly, each and every non sikh be it mona, gora/kala/pila who is marrying an sikh is a potential singh or kaur....we must strike a right balance!!..we have to do this in stages, as mentioned earlier truth is sour, we have to feed them bit by bit.

All i can say guys is approach this issue very sensibly, each and every non sikh be it mona, gora/kala/pila who is marrying an sikh is a potential singh or kaur....we must strike a right balance!!..we have to do this in stages, as mentioned earlier truth is sour, we have to feed them bit by bit.

Great wishful and imbalanced thinking. It is always the other way around. Sikhs marrying non sikhs are quick to forget

their own religion and become loyal followers of their partners faith.

A prime example is South Carolina's Indian American governor Nikki Haley,

who was born Nimrata Randhawa to Sikh immigrant parents from India.Check this out.

The tea party favourite replied that discussing the issue of faith in her new book was important because "I felt like a lot of people wanted me to discount the way I was raised."

"And that was something I would never do," Haley continued. "I'm very proud of the way that I was raised, I'm very proud of the way that my parents raised me. But I also know that being Christian is something that's very true to me and (husband) Michael."(http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-04-11/us-canada-news/31324250_1_sikh-immigrant-parents-south-carolina-s-indian-american-nikki-haley)