Provisioning In Anand Karaj Maryada ?

N30S1NGH

The video is NOT from original poster which has ALL suspect negative comments on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLJ1yGbggA

So called shear Punjabi need a life & education

I would like to remind you, that none of our guru sahibs, had Anand Karaj Marriages and the Anand Karaj Act was passed in 1909, 200 years after the passing on of Guru Gobind Singh ji.

It can be argued therefore, that had guru Sahib, wanted us to have Anand Karaj marriages, he would have in fact introduced them. Extremist groups, trying to force their will on people, who gave you the right and the authority, (been hearing voices again, have we!)

binder3261 3 hours ago pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif

well said jasmine!

a2malhiin reply to Jasminedhaliwal13(Show the comment) 9 hours ago

About the video: Cyber bullying an aunty...oh how courageous of you

About the situation: People get married to white christians n brown hindus, etc all the time and nothing ever happens. A NIGERIAN Christian. Oh yeaaa i forgot he's black...let's just point that out because of course skin colour is soooo important...Racist hypocrites who complain when people are racist against you and yet behave the same way. These people aren't just intolerant to other faiths and races. They're intolerant to pe

Jasminedhaliwal13 10 hours ago

Yeah she said it straight up. I been to so many weddings where a none Sikh person marries a Sikh person. They happen all the time, why would these people take so much offense. Honestly this is getting way out of hand.

Chanprit 12 hours ago

good for her!!! she told them straight, whoever posted this video should be well ashamed of themselves!!

a2malhi 13 hours ago 2

Maharajah Ranjeet Singh received 50 lashes for marrying a non Sikh.

Guru Nanak Dev Ji refused to get married the Hindu way and wrote on a piece of paper ' Ik Onkaar, Sat Gur Prasaad '. This is where Gurbani started, this is the start of the Anand Karaj and set the way for Sikhs to be married as such.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji closed the chapter by giving out in one of his 52 Hukams, a Sikh girl should not be given to a clean shaven ( non Sikh ).

All Sikhs were meant to Amrithdari, there was not meant to be no middle ground but over the years, we as a community have allowed this to happen.

Fateh.....

I sympathize with whole situation....

Without bickering. Can some one clarify:

- Why did the gurudwara give the go ahead for this to go ahead. Surely it could have been stopped well before!

- The VP of the commitee is shown in the video - Did he not know before this was coming.

Understand the family sentiments that their big day has been ruined (With all due respect to SGGS ji) but I repeat the point that unless the gurudwara was tricked into this surely it could have been stopped before.

Appreciate clarity.

Fateh . . . .

As the family have been using every media to discredit the Singhs who went to stop the beadbi of the Guru, people can see a pic of the girl who thinks she is entitled to an Anand Karaj even if it runs counter to the Akal Takht hukumnama. Just google her name, Susan Momi and there is a pic in a newletter of a hospital trust.

As the family have been using every media to discredit the Singhs who went to stop the beadbi of the Guru, people can see a pic of the girl who thinks she is entitled to an Anand Karaj even if it runs counter to the Akal Takht hukumnama. Just google her name, Susan Momi and there is a pic in a newletter of a hospital trust.

jus saw her pic bro, damn she got shorter hair than me

Fateh.....

I sympathize with whole situation....

Without bickering. Can some one clarify:

- Why did the gurudwara give the go ahead for this to go ahead. Surely it could have been stopped well before!

- The VP of the commitee is shown in the video - Did he not know before this was coming.

Understand the family sentiments that their big day has been ruined (With all due respect to SGGS ji) but I repeat the point that unless the gurudwara was tricked into this surely it could have been stopped before.

Appreciate clarity.

Fateh . . . .

Swindon is a small community and the likelihood is the Gurdwara needs the money and if it were up to them they would be marrying gaddeh if there was money in it for them. You make a good point about why the committee not stopping the Anand Karaj from being even booked in the first place once they were told that the one of the parties was a non-Sikh. We need a concerted effort to stop these Anand Karajs being booked in the first place. The way to do this is that each and every Gurdwara should be sent a copy of the Hukumnama as well as clippings from previous Anand Karajs that have been stopped from going ahead. A campaign by the media such as Sikh Channel and Sangat TV also needs to be started. Just as it has become the norm that an Anand Karaj can be booked on payment of a fee with no questions asked about the eligibility of the parties which are to take part, if there is a campaign then the norm will soon be that booking an Anand Karaj requires the antecedents of parties be checked for eligibility.

The issue should be not clouded by race or turned into a racist issue. The issue is soley a religious one, we want to maintain the sanctity of the Anand karaj ceremony and not allow it to be desecrated by egoist who think they can get their own way against the wishes of the Akal Takht and the rest of the community.

I think she went in for the short back and sides with some red highlights. Her hairstyle is what my big bro used to have in late 70s and 80s! Dread to think what kind of bollywood beauty salon make up she would have come in had the ceremony gone ahead! You can just imagine the misplaced akkarh the family must have had to think they could ride roughshod over the Hukumnama of the Akal Takht. Bet when someone pointed out there would be protest to stop the ceremony going head the mum and dad probably said' Koi na Put, dekhde ha kaun sadi laadli diyan anandan hutonda'!

Thanks for your post proactive veer..since you are senior singh out of all of us and understand our punjabi sikh community much better than anyone else here....can you please also shed some light or ideas how to approach this- how can we upheld the anand karaj maryada without make further divisions between mona's and amritdharis or without creating situation which can turn hostile quite easily or without unintentionaly putting people off from sikhi? How can we approach it sensibly so both sides can be happy?...What you think about provisioning in anand karaj maryada ie- providing sikh chaplain service to these people which was mentioned in the thread.

i'm bloomin confused as to why this marriage has been stopped but COUNTLESS non-rehat following Sikhs are allowed to have an Anand Kaaraj... every other day I see a wedding between moneh in the Gurdwara who don't even know what's going on. The guy shaves his beard after the ceremony, etcetc. Atheists who were born into Sikh families get married at the Gurdwara... wth man? Someone enlighten me please!

Thanks for your post proactive veer..since you are senior singh out of all of us...understand our punjabi sikh community much better than anyone else here....can you please also shed some light or ideas how to approach this- how can we upheld the anand karaj maryada without make further divisions between mona's and amritdharis or without creating situation which can turn hostile quite easily or without unintentionaly putting people off from sikhi? How can we approach it sensibly so both sides can be happy?...What you think about provisioning in anand karaj maryada ie- providing sikh chaplain service to these people which was mentioned in the thread.

It boils down to this: Attempt to educate people and clear up any misconceptions about what the Anand Karaj actually is about OR scare Sikhs of all flavours into submission. No righteous victory has ever been achieved through fear and force. Whilst short-term goals to stop beadbi going ahead are essential and valuable seva, there must be a concrete plan to move forward from that point onwards.