school :|

joga singh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

a kara can also be used as a shastar. i dont know how you figure using it is disrespecting guru sahib.

As a Sikh, we are only allowed to defend ourselves within the same power, so unless he or she hits you with a blunt metal object, i suggest you keep your kara on your wrist.
thats the first ive ever heard of that one. the reason i didnt say to take out your kirpan and use it is cuz you dont need it in this situation. its obvious that chaatrik90 using his fist didnt work in this situation. they continue to knock his dastar off. the next best thing is to use something that will knock some sense into the person...and what better than the kara.
I dont mean to be disrespectful, but Sikhs of today are physically weak compared to what they should be, and there is no denying this. There is a alot of talk about what people are going to do in the battle for Khalistan and in the jungs, but there is little done when it comes to these smaller matters.

how strong do you really have to be these days when you can k

ill someone in seconds from hundreds of feet away with a gun. in the fight for khalistan or any fight.....most people wont be using their kirpan. theyll be using guns. but im not gonna really argue this point cuz everyone should be working out and what not and keep in good shape physically.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maalton, the point i was trying to make is that we must be more responsible of our actions, and to be aware of the reprocussions of using our kakars when engaging in a fight. I pointed out that as sikhs we should defend ourselves within the same power used against us, its usually defined as the 'neccesary force' required.

If someone comes at us with a fist, and we shoot him, thats 'unecessary' force used. There are certain degrees of self defense we are allowed to follow. This is applies to Sikhi and to regular life as well.

thats the first ive ever heard of that one
You say this, but you have already proven my point after you wrote:
the reason i didnt say to take out your kirpan and use it is cuz you dont need it in this situation

You also said fighting with fists wasnt working for him:

its obvious that chaatrik90 using his fist didnt work in this situation

Sat Sri Akal:

Contacting a Sikh organization is not a bad idea...nothing gets a school administration moving into action to prevent a student from harassment like the threat of a lawsuit...it would be as valuable as 20 or fights (give or take a few and correcting for the win/lose ratio...). If you have constant harassment, it is the school's JOB to provide a safe and hassle-free environment to you for an education.

Unfortuntely, after 9/11, fighting back may actually cause more fights to break out, as they would turn this into a "get the foreigner" issue and perhaps vent some displaced anger at chaatrik90 Ji. So situations such as this need to be handled carefully.

If it is REALLY that bad where they do this all the time, perhaps it is time to give someone a call. Either that or see if you can be transferred to a less troublesome school nearby so you can get out of that situation.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Maalton, the point i was trying to make is that we must be more responsible of our actions, and to be aware of the reprocussions of using our kakars when engaging in a fight. I pointed out that as sikhs we should defend ourselves within the same power used against us, its usually defined as the 'neccesary force' required.
sometimes you have to look passed the 'reprocussions' of using our kakaars. chaatrik90 said hes gotten into 3 or 4 fights and the guys at his school never learn. they keep knocking his dastar off. and each of those times, he was suspended. so school officials know of the circumstances but apparently they havent done anything about it.
How is this obvious? If chaatrik90 was physically stronger then him, the chances of his distar being knocked off would have been much less. Bullies pick on those who are weaker, not stronger then themselves. Does this mean that we take the cheap way out and use weapons against someone who is unarmed, just becuase the previous method failed?

b

eing a vegetarian, its not so easy to get as big as other people. and some people just dont get very big regardless of how much they work out. plus being outnumbered 1500:1 doesnt help much either. they can do what they want. they have numbers. sometimes you gotta lay down the law. ive experienced all this being the only sikh in the school i went to. no one went as far as knocking off my dastar, but if they said something i would talk back. that alone will make you wanna hit them with your kara. imagine having your dastar knocked off.

and i dont live in malton....just representin....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hehe son of guru gobind singh bhaji...since u agree with me hunna...maybe u should come bak :lol: and toronto and vancouver/surrey are great too because theyre more diverse (but calgary is better muahaha)....anyways...instead of turning this into a really controversial topic i think we need to think harder for better solutions for chaatrik90 veer :T:

bul chuk muaf ji

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

maaalton, your points are childish. instead of giving this guy some proper advice, you are encouraging him to steer himself into the wrong path.

however, there were some good points made by others, hopefully chaatrik can overcome his difficulties.

As well, stop representing Malton when you do not even live there. You cant represent something you are not part of.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

puhlease man. you can choose to solve your one way, ill choose my way. its worked in the past so i have no doubt itll work in the future. just cuz you dont agree with my points, it doesnt make it childish. it all works just the same. someone slaps you in the face, will you not slap them back.

ps. i may not live in malton but i sure am a part of it. but that you dont need to worry about.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

If someone tease you in skool.. Do not hit.. Why hit when the issue can be resolved by Dozens of other way <_ isn it our dasam sacchaaay patshah saying.. up the shaastar if all ways to solve problem fails maalton veer i see your point but why pick when issue can be solved by many other painless im pretty much sure you agree with of us trying first in good noble citizen way>