Sign in to follow this  
ASinghKhalsa

Security for Akhand Paaths - needed worldwide-Starting Smethwick

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!

As a result of continous attacks happening on our Guru, the Khalsa has decided to do the following.

(3 attacks have happened in the past week on Gurdwaras in India)

At Guru Nanak Gurdwara Sahib Smethwick, Singhs will be organising a pehredaar jatha (security team) which will operate on Akhand Paaths to protect Guru Ji and the sangat as attacks are rising as Kaljug is coming closer to its heights.

Any Sikh who wants to do seva on weekends at Guru Nanak Gurdwara Sahib Smethwick to protect Guru Ji should private message or post here. Any Sangat wanting Seva of other West Bromwich, Handsworth, Olbury or other local Gurdwara Sahib can contact here so we can sort out groups and shifts.

ALL Gurdwara Sahibs across the world now should start off pehras especially when Akhand Paaths are on as we do not want to see any more beadbi. End OF. Time to defend Khalsa style. Tyaar bar Tyaar.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH!

• Like 4

Excellent idea. All of the major Gurughars in India also have guards with lathis and other shastar. It was guards such as these that fought off repeated mob attacks at Rakab Ganj Sahib and Sis Ganj Sahib in the1984 Dehli riots.

All Gurughars, no matter how small, should be well guarded.

Well done to the Singhs who are taking the initative in this respect.

These things need to be done within the guidliness of UK law, the local police and authorities should be consulted if we fear any particular attack. We are good members of the community we pay our taxes respect the law and serve our society so the authorities also have a duty to protect its citizens.

In UK, I've seen sevadaars stand either side of the mat (before the golak where you matta tek) with full sized kirpans. Only ever seen this at Nanaksar during puranmashi. This is something we need 24/7 ideally but difficult to do logistically.

Would sevadars be allowed to stand at/by Gurdwara entrance holding shaster? General public might be alarmed and cause further security issues, but then if on Gurdwara grounds, might be permitted. Where else would you locate them?

The reason I believe there are attacks at gurdwarea is because the granth sahib saroop is not in larivaar. Only larivaar saroop is Guru; No one would dare to attack even the gurdwara because if guru sahib was in larivaar - shaheed singhs would look after everything. This is a sad state of the panth.

True Gurbani (larivaar) is Agam Agaadh Bodh.

Consciousness

• Like 1

Great idea and hopefully this seva will bring more sangat together :)

Bit off topic but what's "puranmashi"? Could someone please answer as iv heard of it but never found out what it was.

puranmashi, is celebrated by those who go by the lunar calendar. Each cycle of the moon, from full to new, is half a month, so 2 cycles equal a month. And puranmashi marks the day of the full moon, and either the beginning/middle or end of a month.

Guest pratannanak

"Baba Nand Singh ji Kaleranwale has blessed the Sikh panth by teaching a viddhi (method) by which we may make spiritual progress by leaps and bounds. Those who remain awake on the night preceding the day of the pooranmashi will attain the spiritual merit of doing one month worth of amritvela. Those who remain awake the whole night preceding the pooranmashi of Guru Nanak Sahib Maharaj ji’s advent to this world will attain the kamai (merit) of one year worth of amritvela! The point is to remain in yaad of Guru Nanak sahib ji the whole night. "- i got this from khojee website..... jaap/simran /seva- whatever your avastha-- guru nanak maharaj was born on pooranmarshi

security sounds like a very good idea.. back in the day there was always a pehredaar with maharaj night and day, everyday.. :biggrin2:

Nothing new, we have been doing this at my local Gurdwara in London for years. We have 5 odd singhs from Sangat present till gone midnight and after that you have at least 1 singh on duty in darbar and couple maybe outside.

I would like to do seva at the gurdwara but ONLY if our real guru is there; Larivaar Guru Granth sahib ji? If the temple only has padchad saroop can we really call it a gurdwara? Nehi Ji.

But I would like to help only if guru ji is present? So please let me know.

Daas

Consciousness

This is a joke. Bani is bani. Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Bani is bani. May bani be on your phone, computer, in your heart, or inside the 11th Guru.

Daas believes that nearly everybody respects Guru Ji as kindly do not slander my Guru by saying saroop is not larivaar etc.

No one makes the Guru. They become visible themself just like the Khalsa was never made, it became visible. "Pargat" is the word to be precise. Guru Ji exists as they please and will continue to do so and they know that people will not be able to read larivaar saroop so may be they have become visible in today's form. But daas does not know on this as onyl Guru Ji knows. Do ardaas and take a hukamnama.

• Like 4