Do Sikhs believe in other Holy Men?

Our lot are hawkish or what!!!

lol

If we were native Americans, we'd be called 'The hawked eye ones' !!!

Except when it comes to British manipulation...then we are the 'The docile following sheep' - but that's a different story.

I don't know if this person is genuine or not, and I'm real sorry if they are - but let the rest of us notice the negative effects of having Muslim men come here masquerading as x, y or z in the past.....such a shame....and you'd think that those guys would have better things to do with their time.....

hee hee

I'd love the name Hawk Eyes. :D

...but i'd be a nice Hawk Eyes until you hurt my feelings!

someone ban Sherdil from this thread please, he's annoying, repetitive........

Mehtab Singh, u said there'd be monitoring going on.......

any of u ever heard of personal attacks?

You really think I am crazy to ban anyone, don't you? :)

By the way, in case you didn't know, I am not the only one who does that sort of thing on here, i.e. weed out trouble makers :)

Sherdil hasn't posted in this thread for 4 days now, and its only after repeated warnings that we hit the BAN button.

In Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, there are writing of prominant Muslim saints such as Bhagat Farid and Bhagat Kabir Ji. (perhaps u could read those, they talk about musullah, allah, namaz, uju etc) Also writing of low cast HIndu devotees, as well as Guru Ji's writings and Sikhs writings.

Interesting to note, that the Mughul emperor Jahangir (who was a muslim) tried to have Guru Arjan Dev Ji write even one quote form Quran, but Guru Ji refused. And also Aurangzeb, tried to convert all Hindus to Sikhs, but Guru Tegh Bahadur stopped him. (u should really read up on this).

I am not telling you this to insult Islam or to imply that all Muslims are the same. I'm telling u the history of the Guru's in relation to Islam and intolerance.

We believe not all ppl in any race or religion were the same. There are also good Muslims.

Saain Mia Mir (a muslim saint) was a close friend of Guru Arjan Dev ji(mentioned above) and Siaan Mia MIr also was asked to lay the foundation stone of Sikhs holiest shrine, Harminder Sahib. Any saint, of any religion is respected, because God is above religion, color, race.

Sikhs are encouraged to read about other religions. And take anything that is good, but believe utmost in Guru Granth Sahib and IK Onkar(the ONE LORD)

So, I have a question, how can u as a Cherokee believe that God is so limited he will send anyone to hell, who reads anything besides the Quran. What about ur ancestors, with their abilities to travel interdemensionally, how do they fit within this boxed view?

We believe God sent all the prophets, (as chatanga stated before), but they all failed. Their followers made the prophets supreme, and forgot the lord and immersed into religious warfare and deeper into darkness of sin, corruption. India was drowning in this darkness, when Guru Nanak came, (u should read the bani that talks about the situation at that time, it is so relevant). You have trouble with God is Guru Nanak. because we do not believe god is a person. I'm going to try to explain, but please understand it is limited, and god is limitless, so this description will be inaccurate, because who can define the undefinable?

Waheguru is like a prakash, a light, a energy, a consciousness, who exists within all of us, and everywhere within the universe: the planets, plants, animals. He is in every iota, every atom. And when he becomes one, he withdraws the whole universe into himself again. Of this huge, immense, endless being, with countless manifestations, he (u must realize now , how inaccurate it is to say use him or he to address God)is also the manifestation or avatar of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is not like God had to come down from heaven and become small and ordinary to be Guru Nanak.

The above was a limited view, others can do much better.

In Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, there are writing of prominant Muslim saints such as Bhagat Farid and Bhagat Kabir Ji. (perhaps u could read those, they talk about musullah, allah, namaz, uju etc) Also writing of low cast HIndu devotees, as well as Guru Ji's writings and Sikhs writings.

When did they ever claim to be Hindus and Muslims? There is no evidence whatsoever to back up what you wrote above.

When did they ever claim to be Hindus and Muslims? There is no evidence whatsoever to back up what you wrote above.

Interesting topic. Something similar, but not completely related discussed here:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/68165-farid-ganj-shakkar-or-farid-al-sani/

Bijla Singh made some eye opening posts.

You really think I am crazy to ban anyone, don't you? :)

By the way, in case you didn't know, I am not the only one who does that sort of thing on here, i.e. weed out trouble makers :)

Sherdil hasn't posted in this thread for 4 days now, and its only after repeated warnings that we hit the BAN button.

I read this post perfectly fine. Maybe you would like to re-word it so people can understand what you really mean