Balanced View of Hindu-Sikh Shaster Vidiya

taran0

True that, even most Sikhs respect naamdhari's abilities in Raag Kirtan. I will never respect the cult though, nor will any real Nihangs.

No doubt they are brilliant keertanis but I find it hard to listen to them as I'm never certain whether they are praising Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or the dehdhari. If someone can clear this doubt, I'd be grateful. I've listened to them live as well but always had this nagging thought in my mind and was not able to fully concentrate. After Bhai Balbir Singh Namdharis are unparalleled when it comes to singing Guru Gobind Singh Jis bani.

Cisco Singhi Ji,

I agree with what Sant Ji writes. Unfortunately with all this gyan, Nihangs were no where to be seen during struggles over the past 40-50 years. Jagdeep mentioned to me 1984 was not their (Nihangs) battle as they were not consulted by Sant Jarnail Singh Ji. Even if the Panth are willing to forgive this oversight what of the struggles prior to the attack? Where was the valour in 1978? Where were these soormey Sant Gurbachan Ji talks of in recent clashes with Ram Rahim and bandar sena when Jaspal Singh was killed? Did Guru Sahib turn ordinary folk into warriors so they could rest on their laurels or fight oppression? Now we have Singhs who are not trained warriors having to fight these battles and obviously this is not great but at least they are brave enough to take a stand. Nidar S always refers to the greatness of Shashtar Vidya and has numerous examples from history where it was used effectively. What use is that to us now?

I'm not completely against Nidar S as he does does talk some sense as does Parmjit S etal. However Jagdeep on his site crossed the line when criticising the real soormey of the Panth. If Nidar was truly a fearless jodha, he should be ready to sacrifice his life for the injustices being faced by all Sikhs in Punjab (ਜਾਂ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਣਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਕਰਕੇ ਜਿੱਤ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਜਾਂ ਆਪ ਜੂਝ ਕੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦੀ ਪਾਉਂਦੇ ਹੈ) ill be surprised if his relatives are treated any differently.

Paaji you are straying away from the subject itself..going back to the subject itself i still feel shaster vidita is more effective than modern daygatka....in all honesty in the enviroment we live in today i feel bbj/mma/muay thai and a bit of knife training is enough for singhs to be confident street fighter in this time...for you to be going on about 84 and nihangs..paaji go talk to baba nihal singh harianbelan...there were many nihangs who got shaheed in 84...and if your talkihg about santbbaba santa singh not getting involved he clearly told sant jarnail singh we will back you but get rid of akali dal they are not to be trusted and funnily enough they ended up backstabbing sant ji.. another condition was to be based at anandpur sahib as its is hill area unlike harmandhir sahib....but sant ji wanted ekhta and rightly so but it didnt not work that way......niddar is not the jathedar of budda dal or any tarna dal...so why are people hell bent on thinking what he does and preachs represents nihangs...hazur sahib already cornered him about his book, nihangs in panjab disregard him....

If i was to claim my self as an akj...get a dhabla go to macdonalds saying waacruu very fast at the top of my voice with a big mac in my hand..will i truly represent the infamous akj...will the akj nation be known as big mac eaters..

This topic is clearly people who dont like niddar and his views..nothing to do with martial arts...or nihang....

it just comes down to character

if someones a bit dubious and dodgy - i wouldn't send my kids even if they had the best skills in the world

protection of our youth is important, which is why i think its important to be honest and expose any lies so parents can make their own choices

still there has been no comment from Nidar regarding the fact that he IS NOT the last living master of shastervidiya, which he has been claiming to British newspapers, when there clearly are students of Baba Giana singh still alive

I mean why LIE?

have any of his students asked him? or is that not allowed?

I heard something happened at one of Nidars recent seminars in Toronto?

does anyone have any information on what went down?

There was a seminar in Toronto?If I knew I would have gone and tried to beat some sense into him lol.

• 3 weeks later...

this is a very important document that everyone should look at - there should be no doubt that we protect our young people from anti-panthic cults like these

originally posted here - http://www.shastervidiya.org/letter-council-sikh-gurdwaras-birmingham-shepherds-bush-gurdwara-ban-nidar-singh/

Here is a letter from The Council of Sikh Gurdwaras in Birmingham (CSGB) which represents all the Gurdwaras in Birmingham to the Khalsa Jatha Gurdwara in Shepherds Bush who have been up until recently holding Snatan Hindu-Sikh Shastarvidiya Classes taught by Nidar the fake Nihang who has been exposed as a liar claiming to be the last Sikh warrior. The letter also clearly states that Nidar has been banned from teaching or preaching his ideology at all Birmingham Gurdwaras.

csgb1_shephardsbush-742x1024.jpg

csgb2_shephardsbush-730x1024.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Ref: DPB/NSSBG
Date: 31/07/2013
Dear honourable and respected President and Management Committee
Central Gurdwara (Khalsa Jatha) Shepherds Bush, London
Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh
We write to you with deepest respect and humility for the historic platform that
Guru Ji has blessed you to serve.
We have been contacted by various members of the Sikh community who have
visited Central Gurdwara with veneration, but have asked us to formally share
concerns with you, of which you may not already be aware, in relation to the
teaching of Shastar Vidya at Sheperds Bush Gurdwara Sahib, which we
understand is administered under the tutelage of a Gatka Akhara headed by
Nidar Singh.
For some years now there have been substantial anxieties about the nature of
practices passed on by, the ideology espoused and preaching done by Nidar
Singh and/or his associates. Many people, some of whom have been former
students and close associates and social friends with him and those close to
him, have raised concerns that they have found the teaching of Shastar Vidiya
to be misleading to vulnerable and impressionable young people who may
come to learn this Sikh martial art. For example many young people have laid
witness to the propagation of the use of Alcohol and Marijuana and even the
practice of removing bodily hair for amritdharis. There are incidents shared
where Sikhi aspirants who never drank or consumed drugs, are now socially
active in these practices; more concerning, however, is that the social practice
is often taking place within the same social group that the Shastar Vidiya akhara
students form, rather than a circle that some students may frequent
inadvertently.
There is direct evidence of Nidar Singh and his associates actively propagating
contra Khalsa Panth ideology by actively promoting a “Snatan Hindu-Sikh
ideology” and stating that Sikhs are part of Hindu religion, not unique and
separate (i.e. not a vakhri kaum or nation from Hindu ideology) which
undermines the foundation of the establishment of the Khalsa Panth. Please
see attached quotations from his websites (www. 1
www.) on which Sikh history is distorted by attributing misquotes to
historic figures, and misrepresenting key historic events, in order to substantiate
this Snatan ideology.
In this respect all Sikh Gurdwaras in Birmingham and the surrounding areas,
since becoming aware of the nature of Nidar’s beliefs, his teachings and
practices have banned Nidar Singh from teaching at the Gurdwara Sahibs
including Guru Tegh Bahadur Gurdwara, Wolverhampton
These moves were initiated by Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Handsworth Wood,
Birmingham cancelling classes taught by Nidar in early 2012, which culminated
after a large meeting of over 150 people of broad backgrounds and jathas. After
which the Committee of the Gurdwara Sahib took a decision to deny a platform
to the anti-Sikhi ideology that is presented through Nidar Singh and his network,
and the danger they pose to our youth to take them away from Guru Granth
Sahib ji’s philosophy.
We hope that you will take this correspondence in the spirit intended, and we
trust that along with other Gurdwara Sahibs, The Council of Sikh Gurdwaras in
Birmingham, Sikh Societies and jathe bandies (as per attached documents),
that the committee of Shepherds Bush Gurdwara Sahib distance themselves
from Nidar Singh and ensure the protection and safeguarding of the sangat who
come to spiritually and physically excel in Guru Ji’s sanctuary.
Please support these steadfast efforts to deny any group or individual a platform
at any Gurdwara Sahib, to spread ideology that in itself contradicts Sikh
teachings and practice, and takes Sikhs away from Guru Ji.
We are available to provide any further evidence or support you may require.
Dr P.S.Bhogal
signed
Chairman – Council of Sikh Gurdwaras in Birmingham (CSGB)

wjkk wjkf,

This is great news! I still can't see why this 'group' is allowed to teach in any Gurdwara in the UK. Hopefully, the Gurdwara in Sheperds Bush take notice and stop classes immediately. This letter should be sent to Leicester and Leeds Gurdwara's aswell. Flush these people out, they do more bad than good!

They have similar ideology to RSS! It shouldn't matter who teaches at these Gurdwara's, they are still students of Niddar, they will spew the same filth to young impressionable minds as their beloved 'Gurdev'!

Well done to the Council of Sikh Gurdwaras in Birmingham..

wjkk wjkf

fateh all , please watch this video

<<< Niddar goes to mcdonalds!!! and his chele the one that teachers in leeds is at KFC!!! u know that ther gonna be eating... these people are nothing but egoistical nihang wanna be's. real nihangs from the dal in india are sarbloh bibiek!!!! these guys are a bunch of clowns... its funny how their food is hidden in the video. lol please watch it all and spread1!! Taran0 download and cut the kfc , maccies bit for your website! akaaalo!