DJ Bobby Friction refuses to play songs with any mention of caste.

DailyMail

Nah. Go talk to the so-called 'low caste' people who are leaving the faith and the others complaining about caste. They're all talking about jats and their behaviour. Face up to it.

They just want someone to blame. It is not entirely down to the Jatts. Yes while we played a big part in it we were not the sole perpetrators.

Chamaars live seperately in the pind because ALL of the other castes dont want to live next to them. Even villages with little or no Jatt population have a seperate enclave for the so called "low castes". Who's to blame there??

^^

Seeing as jats liked to imagine themselves as some sort of ideal Sikhs, they need to take the bulk of the blame for absolutely and miserably failing to even attempt to practice egalitarianism between other Sikhs. No amount of obfuscation is going to hide that ugly truth.

Trying to associate other jaats with your own actions is pathetic. Man up and face up to your societies absolute failings in this department.

Your ridiculous attempts to try and blame the victims of oppression as people 'who just want someone to blame' says it all.

Right, so a radio DJ decides to ban caste based songs. A few months later someone notices on here and posts the news. Now either no one cared or no one listens to the radio station so it comes as a surprise. What follows is the internet equivalent of a bunch of uncles tearing into each other at a wedding. 7 pages (and counting!) of non-stop tamasha over what may/may not be censorship. Nobody even knows what he is/isnt playing anymore but some decided to go off on one, dragging in Shakespeare and god knows who else to prove rather muddied points.

But who really listens to these songs and goes 'hur hur, das mi caste mama, hur hur we is der berst!' like some yokel? That's aimed at jatts/tharkhans/ravidassias as we were all living the rural life once. Once. Time has moved on. The Islamic Zombies got West Punjab and the true sons of Punjab have been scattered to the four winds. Yet we still go on like it's the 16th century.

Has no Punjabi fallen in love since Heer/Ranjha's time? Has no Punjabi come up with a joke since the mughal era? Are Punjabis enjoying the same lifestyles as their ancestors? There are other things to write songs about. Going on about the same old stuff kind of hints that not much else actually is going on.

Finally, what I dont get about caste is why we need to say it to one another. Like if being Jatt/Ravidassia is so great why dont you go and tell all the whites and blacks about it? Oh they wouldnt give a monkeys? So why bring it up all the bloody time then?

Punjabi culture and national identity could be something really beautiful. Songs/stories/filum etc could reflect a deep, thinking culture. Or we could carry on like a broken record stuck in the past like the musis.

Also, Shakespeare is terrible. He just copied a lot of older poems and puked up propaganda for the Queen Elizabeth 1 who felt insecure from all the enemies circling around her country. If he was alive today he would be writing junk for Eastenders. Bare in mind it was during his time that the elite of England began dabbling in the occult more strongly with secret societies that exist to this to this day and build relationships with muslim countries in order to secure England against Catholic groups on the continent. Not exactly the a man from a time we should be respecting or looking up to. If the Taliban ever did go back in time they would probably enjoy Elizabethan England like all the Moroccan extremists did when they fought for England against Spain. History's a funny thing aint it?

Seeing as jats liked to imagine themselves as some sort of ideal Sikhs, they need to take the bulk of the blame for absolutely and miserably failing to even attempt to practice egalitarianism between other Sikhs. No amount of obfuscation is going to hide that ugly truth.

Like i said they were the most pakke Sikhs, theres no denying that.

Trying to associate other jaats with your own actions is pathetic. Man up and face up to your societies absolute failings in this department.

Im not just associating them for no good reason. Ive admitted Jatts are to blame but my point is so are other castes.

Your ridiculous attempts to try and blame the victims of oppression as people 'who just want someone to blame' says it all.

Ok i suppose that came out wrong. Again, all im pointing out is the fact thats its not all down to Jatts.

Like i said they were the most pakke Sikhs, theres no denying that.

Says who? Like they haven't been drinking and sharing wives between brothers and buying women like cattle in the very recent past.

Im not just associating them for no good reason. Ive admitted Jatts are to blame but my point is so are other castes.

No, you need to get it in your head - jats are the worst culprits. In pinds so called 'lower castes' aren't complaining about systematic discrimination/exclusion from other minority groups like lohars, khatris, tarkhans etc. who are usually in tiny numbers in a village They are talking about jats. You're just in denial about that. It's usually some jumped up 'son of a zamindaar' who will be perving and trying molest so called 'low caste' girls. We even had a confession earlier from someone who was told by his own grandparents of how jats would physically abuse people who worked for them. There is a longstanding problem in this department jats need to squarely face up to and stop trying to hide from or excuse.

Ok i suppose that came out wrong. Again, all im pointing out is the fact thats its not all down to Jatts.

Again, a tactic to avoid shouldering responsibility by tarring other people with the dirt on yourselves.

I will admit a lot of Jatts do think they are better then others simply for being Jatt, not all though. Both sides are to blame. The whole caste thing is getting more and more out of control. Even among young Amritdharis caste cancer is still rampant. Mix that with "interjatha/samparda's cultish tribalism"...it makes you think what will be left of our Panth??

WLS made a brilliant point when he said...

Chamaars and Tarkhans have made their own songs out of hankaar. They have misunderstood the meaning of Jatt in the old songs which refer to Punjabi folk tales. But having said that, some of it is down to todays Jatts being hankaari themselves and boasting about being Jatt without knowing the first thing about it.

Yes Jatts are not perfect nor are any of the other castes. But, historically Jatts have been the most pakke Sikhs. Sadly this is no longer the case, no one can claim to be a pakka Sikh. No caste, no jathebandi...no one.

We all need to change our attitudes.

Why are we arguing over caste?? Lets try to envision what Dashmesh Pita did when they created the Khalsa.

EXACTLY!!! Thank you!

I will give my own gurdwara as an example. Majority of the sangat are bania and afghani Sikhs.

The Afghani Sikhs tried to separate and make their own gurdwara, but the town shot it down because of zoning violations. LOL.

The Kambojs also tried to make their own gurdwara, but they couldn't raise enough money. They were gonna name it after Shaheed Udham Singh. I had a joke with my Kamboj friends that we would have to stop being friends since our families would be going to different gurdwaras.

Dasmesh Pita told us to drop our caste surnames and use Singh and Kaur. If you are using a caste surname, then you have no right to criticize any other caste. Fix yourself first.

Idk what you are, lol. People can be whatever they want on they internet. If your telling the truth, then you are calling your own sister a Kanjri. That's for you to decide. I don't know her.

Sigh...I didn't want to have to say this. I have asked my grandparents about this whole caste issue. I told them, I wouldn't mind marrying a girl from a different caste, as long as she is a Sikh. They told me that I haven't seen what life was like in the village, in the old days. They said that Jatt folk used to keep mistris (ramgharias and lubanas) as hired help. Just like the Kanjars you mentioned before. Whenever they needed something fixed in their home, they would tell the mistri to go do it. They said that is was common for the help to get beatings if they messed up their work.

well I don't care if you don't know what I am. I am a Sikh, and that is all you need to know. Your Kanjri remark doesn't apply to my sister since women in my family still have some sharam left inside them and don't follow the modern kanjar culture of dancing with other men that so many modern Jattis seem to be doing.

Yes you are right about the fact that Jatts due to their being affluent for the last 200 to 250 years had begun to exploit women of the so called lower class. It is similar to how before the rise of the Jats in Punjab(due to them becoming Sikhs) it was the Jattis who would get exploited by Rajput Zamindaars or Pathan and Baloch warlords.

Most Jats sadly seem to be under this false notion that it was because of them and their inherit bravery and strength that they became masters of Punjab. But they very easily forget how before they became Sikhs, it was them who were easily overpowered and victimised by the other dominant powers of Punjab such as the Rajputs and the Pathan and Baloch settled in the plains of Punjab.

There is even a saakhi from the times of Guru Gobind Singh Jee mentioned in Suraj Prakash where Sikhs ask Guru Jee why are you giving Amrit to these lowly Jatts, Nais, Tarkhans instead of giving Amrit to the Rajputs of the hills(himachal). Guru Jee replied that if I gave Amrit to these Rajputs of the hills they will one day become masters of the land and become proud by forgetting that it was the kirpa of their Guru that they have become masters of the land. But by giving Amrit to these lowly Jatts, Tarkhans and Nais they will one day become masters of Punjab and always remember that it was the kirpa of their Guru that they became so powerful.

Now looking at modern Jatts I have too often seen Jatts claiming their becaming masters of Punjab and kicked out the Pathans because Jatts are so strong. I can't but help think how ungrateful such Jats are that they forgot their humble beginings and now think they they so great.

well I don't care if you don't know what I am. I am a Sikh, and that is all you need to know. Your Kanjri remark doesn't apply to my sister since women in my family still have some sharam left inside them and don't follow the modern kanjar culture of dancing with other men that so many modern Jattis seem to be doing.

Yes you are right about the fact that Jatts due to their being affluent for the last 200 to 250 years had begun to exploit women of the so called lower class. It is similar to how before the rise of the Jats in Punjab(due to them becoming Sikhs) it was the Jattis who would get exploited by Rajput Zamindaars or Pathan and Baloch warlords.

Most Jats sadly seem to be under this false notion that it was because of them and their inherit bravery and strength that they became masters of Punjab. But they very easily forget how before they became Sikhs, it was them who were easily overpowered and victimised by the other dominant powers of Punjab such as the Rajputs and the Pathan and Baloch settled in the plains of Punjab.

There is even a saakhi from the times of Guru Gobind Singh Jee mentioned in Suraj Prakash where Sikhs ask Guru Jee why are you giving Amrit to these lowly Jatts, Nais, Tarkhans instead of giving Amrit to the Rajputs of the hills(himachal). Guru Jee replied that if I gave Amrit to these Rajputs of the hills they will one day become masters of the land and become proud by forgetting that it was the kirpa of their Guru that they have become masters of the land. But by giving Amrit to these lowly Jatts, Tarkhans and Nais they will one day become masters of Punjab and always remember that it was the kirpa of their Guru that they became so powerful.

Now looking at modern Jatts I have too often seen Jatts claiming their becaming masters of Punjab and kicked out the Pathans because Jatts are so strong. I can't but help think how ungrateful such Jats are that they forgot their humble beginings and now think they they so great.

Rajputs were also huge sell-outs. They gave their daughters to the Mughals to save their kingdoms, and they sided with the Mughals, against Guru ji. There is a song by Kuldip Manak, called "Dhulla Bhatti", where he describes how the Rajputs had turned their backs on the people.

Pathans were kicking Rajput butts too. They were supposed to be the warrior caste, but they couldn't even protect their own daughters.

No one has ruled over the Pathans since Maharaja Ranjit Singh.

Idk where you got that saakhi from. There is a reason why Guru ji gave us the name Singh (a Rajput surname). It's because Rajputs couldn't live up the Lion surname that they so proudly flaunted. Guru ji had to make a new warrior group (out of farmers, merchants, and craftsmen) to do what the so-called "warrior caste" couldn't do. He proudly proclaimed "I will make sparrows fight with hawks. Only then will I be known as Guru Gobind Singh."

I will add one more thing before I retire for the year (my fingers hurt). Some are saying that Jatts have caused people from other castes to start drinking and doing drugs. The person who is sitting in the store and selling the alcohol, he isn't a Jatt. Who is more to blame for the sharaabi culture? The person drinking the alcohol, or the people setting up shops in every pindh and selling it?

Happy New Year

Rajputs were also huge sell-outs. They gave their daughters to the Mughals to save their kingdoms, and they sided with the Mughals, against Guru ji. There is a song by Kuldip Manak, called "Dhulla Bhatti", where he describes how the Rajputs had turned their backs on the people.

Pathans were kicking Rajput butts too. They were supposed to be the warrior caste, but they couldn't even protect their own daughters.

No one has ruled over the Pathans since Maharaja Ranjit Singh.

Idk where you got that saakhi from. There is a reason why Guru ji gave us the name Singh (a Rajput surname). It's because Rajputs couldn't live up the Lion surname that they so proudly flaunted. Guru ji had to make a new warrior group (out of farmers, merchants, and craftsmen) to do what the so-called "warrior caste" couldn't do. He proudly proclaimed "I will make sparrows fight with hawks. Only then will I be known as Guru Gobind Singh."

I will add one more thing before I retire for the year (my fingers hurt). Some are saying that Jatts have caused people from other castes to start drinking and doing drugs. The person who is sitting in the store and selling the alcohol, he isn't a Jatt. Who is more to blame for the sharaabi culture? The person drinking the alcohol, or the people setting up shops in every pindh and selling it?

Happy New Year

I am not defending rajputs. The reason I mentioned the rajputs is because as cowardly as they were against the invaders from the north west, but still they were the most dominating caste of punjab even though they had become muslims. But then out of daya Guru made us lowly peasents into his sikhs and turned us former victims into the most dominating force in punjab. Even the mighty pathan warriors could not stand against the Sikhs. This miracle could have only happened because of the daya and kirpa of Guru Gobind Singh Jee. Being jat simply had nothing to do with our rise.