so called singh on dating show 2 (video)

SikhWorldTv

I think the hostility towards him is more so because of his refusal to even admit that he might have made a mistake by going on that show. He's using all his mates from City Sikhs to support him and portray him as having done a great thing and breaking down barriers. If he accepted that he made a mistake then people could move on.

So in the end, I got caught up in the hysteria and actually viewed the footage of him on the show. Felt weird, watching an ITV show , but its nice to sometimes see what the poor uneducated masses watch.

Never seen this 'Singh' before in my life. Was expecting a good looking chappie. Was shocked to say the least. This Singh does not need excessive criticism in my opinion. What he needs is a period of self-reflection and a large mirror.

After watching the clip, I found myself asking myself this question : What makes a person who is quite clearly more than a little bit ugly appear on a show whose whole premise is superficial attractiveness and beauty ?

After careful analysis I have concluded that we will often see him on TV shows. I have no doubt he is already on the waiting list for Bargain Hunt and Come Dine with Me. He is simply one of those serial contestants on TV. Those same people that appear often on a variety of shows. They live for their 15 minutes....but being addicted to the limelight they try and prolong it into several different 15 min segments.

These people have a virtue in that they do not get embarrassed. The downside to that though is that they do not feel shame. Being in the limelight is the one and only objective. This week, has probably been the greatest week of his life. I'm sure he's loving every minute of this.

Why did this Nihal have to make a whole show about if turbaned sikh men are discriminated against based on just Param? Thats one geezer. Have 20 singhs come on the show and all get blackouts then maybe he'll have a point to make a discussion about it (if he really wants to).

On a sidenote, I agree with one of the posters. The bashing of Param has gone too far, shouldn't have really started in the first place. He's his own man, repping himself, he's not repping me and should not be repping you. I think the comments towards him have gone out of control. Lay off the geezer now, please. Personal beliefs aside (I know some have pointed he has non mainstream beliefs, not sure how true this is, but anyway, its not the issue here in my opinion), just lay off this man now. You're making yourselves look like idiots. Seriously.

He claims he is not representing Sikhs but then says it is good for Sikhs to get in the media.....a complete contradiction. Unfortunately the 7 million people who watched the program will think it is acceptable for Sikhs to date......which it is definitely not. Guru Sahib has taught us to look on other woman as our mothers, sisters and daughters. Sikhs used to have a reputation for high morals and character but now we have Amritdharis going on national TV destroying the good name that our forefathers built up. Sikhs need to get in the media, but with their respect, integrity and Sikh values intact......something that was clearly missing last Saturday.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• the whole 'your husband/wife is chosen for you'/sanjog thing is real, it's just that a lot of people end up marrying the wrong person. they did not end up with the person that was meant for them. my friend, you should marry someone who you feel a connection with and love. there are millions of sikh girls, i'm sure you can find someone who aligns with your sensibilities and who you can truthfully say that you love. sikhi does not say anything against love marriages. you can also be in a loveless arranged marriage which is a safe option b/c both families are more inclined to keep the union intact. i was one of those people who was like meh, i guess i'll just get arranged to some sikh. well i finally started dating for the first time this year and i'm getting married to someone that i love and cannot even imagine leaving. i think it's better to have lost & lost than never loved at all. unfortunately, a lot of people confuse love w/ looks & lust. a lot of men go for the fittest girl they can find and think they won the jackpot or something. in reality, your partner should be like an extremely loved best friend. there's a reason why it's a fact that the most stable and long-lasting relationships started as friendships.  i also think a lot of women are petty and divorce over small reasons, but there's other terrible things like high cheating rates as well. that's why the divorce rate in the west is high. be careful out there.
    • andrew tate praises sikhi too & likes sikhs. his brother also donated to sikh families iirc. they just like any "alpha" religion and tbh islam is the most "alpha" in their eyes. islam is very good at promoting that image. but imo a real alpha man doesn't command respect by beating up his wive(s) or forcing them to wear a burqa. a real man will have his woman listen to him w/o raising a hand or his voice, and command respect by being respectful. he leads by example and integrity. that's true masculinity. you get the idea. + yes, it's definitely true that islam is growing rapidly and making massive inroads. strength in numbers + belief will do that. but rlly it's just because of the birth rate. a lot of them are muslim b/c it's their "identity" just like how a lot of young sikhs will say they're "culturally sikh" or whatever. there just aren't billions of sikhs who lambast their identity everywhere and have strict and linear rules like in islam. besides, the reality is that islam and its followers are some of the most morally bankrupt. you can see all the weird trans rules in iran, bacche baazi in afghanistan, visiting brothels, watching p*rn, p*dophilia what goes on behind the scenes in countries like uae & qatar, etc, and come to your conclusions. you can google all the stats yourself and see which countries do the most of these ^.   
    • stop associating with hinduism, that's the absolutely worst thing you can do as a sikh. not sure if you noticed but the entire world looks down upon and spits at india & hindus, literally no one respects them and considers them weak and cowardly. literally 1+ billion of them but not perceived as a strong religion commandeering respect. 
    • you wrote a whole lot but told us nothing. what exactly did you do wrong to make you feel this way?

Important Information

Terms of Use