Right Wing Nut bar Asaram says-Girl should've called rapists brother

N30S1NGH

I was still waiting for your non-existent and imaginary news source which you choose not to disclose, rather substitute it with yet another personal taunt. Sigh! WLS and his tantrums! Oh well, this is what we've got used to from your posts as well dear friend, you are clever to turn the topic away from yourself when asked for proof. Maybe I am not as smart as you but even I can see that much :D

Yup, yet another thread where WLS fleds when asked to show resources! I expected more from you sir. Alas!

Lets not trivialize her death now. The problem is when we as society start reading too much into these heinous crimes and start psychoanalysis these incidents it disconnect us from ground human reality to the point that we come across as inadvertently blaming the victim or blaming things/cultures associated with it. We as society need to make sure we always wear victim and its family shoes and see things from their eyes. I am sure last thing in victim's family mind is somehow our daughter/sister shouldn't have taken bus that late- all these things-psycho anyalsis the whole situation.

There is time and place for everything, we can discuss things generally surrounding topic of rape generally, but lets be extremely careful, sensitive towards victims. Lets not do it at the expense of specific victim case..I mean coming back to this topic, poor victim ashes are not even cold yet this right wing nut bar is trying to trivialize this poor woman horrific painful death and his chums/chelas in India including ironically an woman his spokesperson is jumping the bandwagon with him and try to blame the victim, inadvertently or advertently supporting right wing sexist bigoted masochism sadism culture there.

Singh, the Indian media, politicians and whatever structure you want to call it is insensitive by nature. They are "warming their chapatis" over her pyre, be it political or whatever. Asaram is latest example.

Hang on a minute - who said she was drunk? Where is the source for that? WLS - did u pop over to Delhi and breathalyse her and pop back to West London with the results that the entire world's media failed to pick up on?

This is a trial not of 5 or 6 men. This is India on trial. Indian attitudes towards women are on trial. Only a few days ago there was an article on the BBC website asking "why does India treat it's women so badly?" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20863860

When we have individuals on here blaming the woman, questioning whether she shoulders a degree of responsibilty, one has to take a deep breath and truely reflect on how much work India and Indians need to do to catch up with the rest of us.

Drunk or not drunk, mini-skirt or salwaar kameez, man or woman, adult or child - no one deserves to be raped and no one except the rapist deserves punishment. (Keep in mind, so-called "higher castes" have been raping so-called "lower castes" in rural india from the beginning of time. I don't think those women were wearing mini-skirts or drunk).

When you have a society that raises it's sons' as "kings who are walking on water", people who by some default setting, "can do no wrong" and women who, if they so much as even caught within a shadow of an unrelated man then "she's pretty much asking to be raped", then it is no wonder that India, and Indians (like some on this site) have become an international laughing stock.

The world watches and waits....

Well said! What I find sickening is that not only were the rapists as brutal as worse than animals, the ordinary public, the cops and then the hospital authorities were (according to the witness survivor) equally insensitive. It is the rotten mindset of an emotionally sterilized society that is responsible for this.

When you have a society that raises it's sons' as "kings who are walking on water", people who by some default setting, "can do no wrong" and women who, if they so much as even caught within a shadow of an unrelated man then "she's pretty much asking to be raped", then it is no wonder that India, and Indians (like some on this site) have become an international laughing stock.

Daily Mail. Read through all the comments I have ever made in the 5 or so years I have been posting here. I have been consistent in saying time and again how the Sikhi my parents brought me up with espouses 100% gender equality. No difference at all between a man and a woman. I've consistently gone on the threads after threads that appear about Sikh girls marrying muslims etc and I've always defended the girl. I've always stated that if we Sikh men want Sikh women to behave in a certain way then we should lead by example. I've always stated here that this is how my dad has lived his life and this is how I live my life. The men in my family have always believed that if we go out at night....have girlfriends.....drink alcohol etc, then our mother and sister have every right in the world to do the same. That is why no man in my family has ever done things that we wouldn't want our female family members to do.

By all means disagree with me for what I have said in this thread but please try and show a little more comprehension than Mehtab Singh. He was not able to understand this point so turned into a 'defending women's rights' thing falsely painting me as the type of man that wants to keep women chained to the sink. He did that in order to gain support for his criticism of me. You don't need to lower yourself to that level. You're better than that.

I'll ask my question again, and this time, with you knowing where I stand on gender equality, I hope you can ignore the un-called for spite : Bearing in mind the fact that Sikhi prescribes that good things will happen to those that go to bed early and rise at amrit vele is it not reasonable therefore to say that bad things will likely happen to those that are out frolicking in the streets with members of the opposite sex at late hours ?

Come on veer what is the difference between you and Asaram? What is the difference between us Sikhs and Muslims who say that if you don't follow their religion you will be punished for eternity? Saying that something bad happened to her because she wasn't going to bed early and rising at amrit vela? You are saying she was asking for it.

When did I say 'she was asking for it' ? :wow:

I'm simply going deeper than your mind is able to go. I'm asking is it therefore a lie that there is value in going to sleep early in order to rise at dawn ? It is something by which I have lived my whole life. I'm 29 now. Thats a lot of years. I'm asking, on a philisophical level, that if it is said there is a value in doing something then surely it stands to reason that there is de-merit in doing the opposite ? Or is this whole Sikhi thing just one big lie ?

I don't know the answers to any of those questions. I've always said here I'm more of a political actvist than a spiritualist. But I am a Sikh....i.e a scholar...a learner....a perpetual seeker of answers.

I never thought id say this but i kinda agree with WLS. I think everyone is missing the point he's making.

Its an absolutely terrible crime and i dont agree with this Asaram guy but one of the things i thought when i heard about it was "9.45 PM on a bus in Delhi....."

And dont forget its Kaljug.