Death and afterlife

Guest Jo

People will make a lot of a normal sleeping disorder, and blow it out of proportions. Whether out of lack of knowledge or just the wanting to believe something super natural, but I have to say nowhere with in Gur-bani does it talk about being able to transcend in to sachkand through a sleep disorder, if this sleep disorder was the way back to sachkand im pretty sure the whole Naam thing and concurring the 5 demons which are Sukam (spritual form) would have a big waste of time to explain in such depth by Guru Arjan Dev Jee.

I just think people should stop exerting spiritual certainties where none are applicable, keep to the basics, and well if you wana believe crack pot rubbish then dont couple it with Sikhism and confuse people. That’s a major sin in sikhi to guide people to believe certain things in the name of Sikhism.

P.s I get sleep paralysis at times so I know what im talking about

Thanks bro. I'll try and open my eyes next time to see what's going on! I just hope I don't see something I don't want to see. :giggle:

When you open your eyes then your awake !

The thing about this is that it is you looking through your inner eyes. These inner eyes are the one's that see your dreams, but in this case you are actually away from any dream state !!

The advantage of this is that if you meditate and do simran, the results and attainment in spirituality will be quite good with the Lord's grace.

From what I gather, if you can focus and keep this dhian with waheguru, then your 3rd eye and dasam duar can get activated much easly, again with waheguru's grace!.

And when these are activated, you will stop having these paralysis episodes completely !!

So, think of it as a sign to get deeper involved with naam simran !

When you open your eyes then your awake !

The thing about this is that it is you looking through your inner eyes. These inner eyes are the one's that see your dreams, but in this case you are actually away from any dream state !!

The advantage of this is that if you meditate and do simran, the results and attainment in spirituality will be quite good with the Lord's grace.

From what I gather, if you can focus and keep this dhian with waheguru, then your 3rd eye and dasam duar can get activated much easly, again with waheguru's grace!.

And when these are activated, you will stop having these paralysis episodes completely !!

So, think of it as a sign to get deeper involved with naam simran !

Curious, where are you getting this information any links to Gurmukhs that have reached sachkhand or maybe within Gurbani, would be nice to read the writings of how to get to sachkand through sleep paralysis, also you talk of the inner eye what is this and what are the signs that you are going in to dasam duaar like any signs this is happaning to you, thanks

What i have stated is simply a fact about the link between astral travel and sleep paralysis. There is plenty of information on the net and books about that.

Once you look into this then you learn that certain beings can go astral via deep meditation !

Then you learn that there is a link between when you meditate and the stages you reach on different levels.

Then for those that have had darshan, will also know that it's your 'inner eyes' that experience these darshan, except that what you see is actually on a different astral plane and these inner eyes look outside as if your physical eyes are watching.

There is no such writings of going to sachkhand with sleep paralysis as you may know, and no one has claimed this.

I hope you don't misinterpret what I stated, as that is entirely not my intention.

I have simply put a few things together to give my opinion based on my own and other's experiences along with what I've learned and read.

As sikhs you have to be careful and focused that you keep your focus and dhian on waheguru and not on the other experiences you may encounter.

Whilst progressing in simran, one comes across and experiences many distractions like feelings of hot and cold, vibrations, sounds, taste..etc.. but one must not let that drive the dhian away from the 'mool' and original dhian.

The only way to overcome these distractions is to reassure yourself that they are part of the progress and part of attaining new platforms like dasam duar...etc...

At least this way, you know you are doing it correctly because the majority of people I speak to all doubt at one time or the other if they are doing it right or not.

I am just a low-life who is learning and picking up things just like evryone else.

But the True Lord has saved me more than once from the deep depths of maya that can lead one to be completely lost.

As a sikh, I am still searching and learning until hopefully I can get the full God- realisation one day.

As a manmukh I am still struggling with duality and the stranglehold of maya and haumai.

Just a few quotes of where gurbani refers to 'inner eyes'

I'm not exactly sure about which actual word means/or refers to my coined phrase of inner eyes, but here's an idea of what I make-

ਹਰਿ ਕਾ ਗਾਹਕੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੋ ਲਏ ਪਾਏ ਰਤਨੁ ਵੀਚਾਰਾ ॥ ਅੰਦਰੁ ਖੋਲੈ ਦਿਬ ਦਿਸਟਿ ਦੇਖੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਭੰਡਾਰਾ ॥:

Hari kaa gaahak hovai so lae paae ratanu veechaaraa. Andaru kholai dib disati dekhai mukti bhandaaraa:

One who is a buyer of the Divine (Unconditioned Reality), finds it, and obtains the jewel of contemplation. He opens the doors deep within, and through the Eye of Divine Vision, beholds the treasure of liberation

ਅਖੀ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਵੇਖਣਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕੰਨਾ ਸੁਨਣਾ ॥:

Akhee baajhahu vekhanaa vinu kanaa sunanaa: (The Formless, Divine ) can be seen or heard without the (external) eyes and ears

ਰਤੇ ਇਸਕ ਖੁਦਾਇ ਰੰਗਿ ਦੀਦਾਰ ਕੇ ॥ ਵਿਸਰਿਆ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇ ਭੁਇ ਭਾਰੁ ਥੀਏ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥:

Ratte isak khudaae rangi deedaar ke. Visariaa jinh Naam te bhui bhaar theeae ||1||Rahaaou||:

Those who are imbued with Love for the Lord, are delighted by His Divine Vision. Those who have forsaken God’s Name are burden on this earth || pause

Here the word deedar is for sight/to see/with inner eyes.

I'm sure there are more but I don't want to go off topic.

• 3 weeks later...

What i have stated is simply a fact about the link between astral travel and sleep paralysis. There is plenty of information on the net and books about that.

Once you look into this then you learn that certain beings can go astral via deep meditation !

astral travel is actually a very very low level ability. there are other ways to travel. as a being gains in spiritual power they can have their spirit leave their body but it is unable to affect the world around them. when they become even more powerful, then the spirit can go anywhere instantly and affect the world around it, interact just like a real person.

deep meditation is where you gain kirpa. astral travel is just a low level spiritual ability connected with the shadow side of consciousness. while not wrong to engage in, i recommend people avoid it.

astral travel is actually a very very low level ability. there are other ways to travel. as a being gains in spiritual power they can have their spirit leave their body but it is unable to affect the world around them. when they become even more powerful, then the spirit can go anywhere instantly and affect the world around it, interact just like a real person.

deep meditation is where you gain kirpa. astral travel is just a low level spiritual ability connected with the shadow side of consciousness. while not wrong to engage in, i recommend people avoid it.

I dont think anyone but a Gurmukh can say what a astral plain is, people in this tread that say they have travelled to a astral plain are just added a certain word to their experience I have to say the ignorance of people is unbelievable, im frustrated at people due to their lack of reasoning, I put it down to not having a Good teacher on matters of Spirituality and general worldly common-sense, a rule of thumb is "if you dont know about something dont assert Truths" especially about Religion or God or Suchkhand, only Gurmukhs that have gone and seen the other side been and are able to travel to Dargah have the right answers for what takes place when you die, and i just have to add its written very clearly within Guru Granth Shaib about what takes place after you die. But due to peoples ignorance you have some saying “ahhh dont worry about death live this life as who know what happens”, i mean really.. I can expect this from 10 year olds, the point im making is dont say you know about something if you have NO IDEA and people that say they travel to astral plain, well why not ask our Guru about what is said about these plains, People Gur Bani is your ONLY Guide all the answers are here you dont need to ask random people we only need people who can See and Speak to Vaheguru and Guru Granth Shaib, Gur Bani Covers everything. People you have been left a Gift which is the Guru, do your selves a massive favour and learn what they have to teach us…

Of course, that is the bottom line !

Since Gurbani tells us many times that we can ' play all the clever tricks' but they won't take us anywhere except the naam will.

I'm sure it is a very low level as you mention since some people have the ability to do it and they have no clear conscious or any gurmat lifestyle.

Then we have the sam sort that abuse meditation just for self gain or riddian siddian..etc.. like clairvoyants, illusionists, telepathics, hypnotists..etc..etc..

A sikh has to stay away from the attractions of these maya tricks.