Hotel in Chigwell, Essex

http://www.london-hotels-guide.co.uk/Engla...ince_regent.cfm

WHEN?

Sunday 3 October 2004:

WHO?

It is not known where Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji's saroop is to come

from. In the circumstances the only information available is that of

the family - Gurpal Singh [surname unknown at present], Ilford,

Essex. The home address and telephone number is known to us.

WHAT'S HAPPENED?

Enquiries have been made as to where Guru ji saroop is to come from

but no definite information is available yet.

The family have been contacted by letter but they did not respond.

The family have been contacted by telephone on four occasions from

Thursday through to Sunday - the Hukamnama has been explained and two

alternative locations (Gurdwara Sahibs) offered in East London. They

have NOT given any indication that they will stop although they know

what they are doing is wrong. They have called Sri Guru Granth Sahib

ji a 'book' and when it was suggested they should just have a

registry they had no answer.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

1. Call the Hotel on 020-8505 9966, ask to to speak to the duty

manager and tell them that:

a) the wedding which is due to take place is very offensive to Sikhs

and is being opposed by all the leading Sikh organisations in the UK

(including the National Council of Gurdwara's);

b) that there wil

l be a large protest on the day with the media being

invited to attend as well; and

c) that they should contact the Respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

Campaign's Gurjeevan Singh on 07743-211135 if they wish to discuss

this further.

2. Organise transport i.e. cars, mini-buses, from your local area for

the Sangat to attend on the 3 October.

Sangat ji - we can stop this disrespect happening if we all work

together. Brent Sikh Centre have formally apologised for taking Sri

Guru Granth Sahib ji to Vikram banqueting hall in Slough on Saturday

and have said they will not allow this to happen in the future.

Please keep up the pressure on these people.

Stay Chardhi Kala!!

WaahegurujeekaaKhaalsaa,

WaahegurujeekeeFateh!

T: 07743-211135

E: sikhalerts@yahoo.co.uk

W: www.gurugranthsahibji.com

Saarang, Fifth Mahalla:

This Holy Pothi [sri Guru Granth Sahib ji] is the home of the Transcendent Lord God.

Whoever sings the Glorious Praises of the Lord of the Universe in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, has the perfect knowledge of God. ||1||Pause||

Ang 1226 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/r4g/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

r4g-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Guest stopsingh2

Thank you for the information. I applaud the people who have taken this seva of protecting our Guru Ji from beadbi. ^_^ :TH:

Any one got anything out of Mangat Hall who also are alleged to allow the beadbi of our Guru Ji ?

If all esle fails I think it is important we find out who is doing the Service and Kirtan at this Ilford wedding. We should be able to then ascertain from them who booked them and who is allowing the beadbi of our Guru Ji.

I know I am beginning to sound like a tape recorded message but if anybody knows where Jathedar Vendanti is in th UK (assuming he has not flown back to India) we need to appraise him of the situation and the need to take action against a few of the abusers so it acts as a deterrent.

Just rang up the hotel and said they will be adversary to an act of sacrilage against the Sikh Faith. I told them about our Hukumnama and the offence that would be caused. They said that they cannot do anything as they have a confirmed booking (which is the answer I expected). They said to contact the family involved.

If we all keep calling the hotel they will feedback to the family. 020-8505 9966

Saw this posting on tapoban.

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.ppa?f=1...i=18243&t=18243

Author: Heston Singh

Date: 09-22-04 07:47

With just over 1 week to go before the wedding I very much doubt the family will back out. They will say the usual stuff, 'we know it is wrong but what can we do, it's too late etc etc'.

I have tried in the past to stop Guru Granth Sahib Ji from being taken into a hall, when close family friends carried out this act of sacrilage. I knew at least 2 months in advance and explained to them what they were doing was one of the biggest acts of sacrilages against the Sikh religion. No one listened to me including my own family and the wedding went ahead in the Clay Oven. The bar was temporary closed but you could see the bottles of alcohol through the shutters just behind Manji Sahib, the waiters were walking in and out with their shoes and heads uncovered. You could smell the chicken and lamb being cooked, and the worst was that Guru Granth Sahib Ji had not even left the premises and their were people drinking pints of beer.

I always regret not being able to do anything and feeling so helpless. I did not know any Singhs who were willing to take the stand with me.

The family will still go ahead with it and the only way of making a statement is to physically stop the wedding happening on the day. A standard needs to be set, this act of baydbi should not be committed. Look at it this way, the Muslims would not stand for this kind of anti-religious act taking place in their faith, why do we!!!

This e-mail was sent out on one of the yahoo discussion e-group. It highlights the issue.

Dear Sangat ji, WJKK WJKF

Although I have expressed my views about the removal of the Guru Granth sahib from the library,and I have had no reaction to the suggestion that was given by me,I fully support that this event should not involve the Guru Granth Sahib,if it continues to be held at the Hotel.

I know this hotel very well,as it is round the corner from where I live in gated Repton park,regular disco nights and partner seeking dances are held here.Alcohol flows abundantly,smoking is the norm: when one sees every tuesday and fridays the type of dresses(I often see this on my way from work if return around 8.30 pm and many times wondered why in the world did these women bother to dress at all)one will no doubt be left with the idea of what goes on.

There is an extremely large number of Sikh houses in Chigwell.Almost 99% Sikh families living in this area are extremely rich and occupy one of the best and the most expensive area in this part of London, with large detached houses generally.

Mercedes and Porsches are common sights in the drives .It may be a local family floating in money that has had the audacity to refer to the Guru Granth Sahib as a "book".I would still suggest every avenue be utilised to the erring family, to refrain from asking the Guru Granth Sahib to go to the hotel for their convenience.If they are desperate for the blessings of the GURU then THEY must go to the Guru ,not the Guru being carted here and there for them.

I agree good alternatives have been suggested to the family,that if they regard this as a book,then just

do with a registery wedding.If they continue to be arrogant,then the Gurduara from where the Guru Sahib is being requested to come,should take the lead to refuse to cooperate in this lowly act.

Please keep the sangat informed of the developments.If I could be of assistance ,I would be most happy to support and persuade the misled family understand the gravity of the feelings of Sikhs for continuing the abuse of the Guru Sahib in hotels and bars etc.

you want to make a company listen- hit them where it hurts- in the pocket...

jam up their bookings lines with calls about this

Menzies Hotels PLC, Bakum House, Etwall Road, Mickleover, Derbyshire, DE3 0DL

Central Booking Office - 0870 600 3013

Menzies Hotels Administration - 0870 242 3100

http://www.bookmenzies.com/book-east-londo...nceregent.shtml

since you're sitting at your computer pop an email to:

info@menzies-hotels.co.uk

you want to make a company listen- hit them where it hurts- in the pocket...

jam up their bookings lines with calls about this

Menzies Hotels PLC, Bakum House, Etwall Road, Mickleover, Derbyshire, DE3 0DL

Central Booking Office - 0870 600 3013

Menzies Hotels Administration - 0870 242 3100

http://www.bookmenzies.com/book-east-londo...nceregent.shtml

since you're sitting at your computer pop an email to:

info@menzies-hotels.co.uk

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Good idea veerji. At the very least if we can all e-mail info@menzies-hotels.co.uk, it should make them realise the intensity of the situation.

Even 20 e-mails would be enough to get the ball rolling. This is beanti to whoever views this thread today, please e-mail info@menzies-hotels.co.uk inform them why it is against Sikh Principles to take Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji in to any place which serves alcohol and meat. Tell them that will be offending millions of practicing Sikhs around the world if they allow this act to take place.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Dear Sadh Sangat

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will not be taken to the Menzies Prince Regent Hotel in Chigwell, Essex on 3rd October 2004.

The Anand Karaj has been re-scheduled to a local Gurdwara in East London.

We have been blessed by Guru Maharaj and thank all who have made this possible.

Please forgive us if we have offended anyone.

Stay in Chardhi Kala!!

GurFateh!

Gurjeevan Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Dear Sadh Sangat

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji will not be taken to the Menzies Prince Regent Hotel in Chigwell, Essex on 3rd October 2004.

The Anand Karaj has been re-scheduled to a local Gurdwara in East London.

We have been blessed by Guru Maharaj and thank all who have made this possible.

Please forgive us if we have offended anyone.

Stay in Chardhi Kala!!

GurFateh!

Gurjeevan Singh

wow ^_^

mad respect to those who set things straight ^_^