Can you take Amrit if your partner does not?

Guest Confused

veerji u should also visit the site told by me to u

Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha, an eminent Sikh scholar, writer of the great 'Mahan Kosh' and many other knowledgeable Granths, was of the conviction that Guru Gobind Singh did not die at Nander but came to Nabha and stayed in a small grove of forest, under the name of Baba Ajaypal Singh.

Check Mahankosh about this and check what he has relationship with him

Actually this is the namdhari belief !

They believe that Guruji went in disguise/hiding at Nabha (which is where Kahan the writer of mahakosh is from ! )

under this other name ??

Think about it, if Guruji named us all 'SInghs' why on earth would he then go an ''Hide'' in Nabha and ''change' his name ???

Whether mahankosh writer believed that Guruji was resident in his pind, I'm not sure.

But he was involved in the heavily british influenced singh sabha movement I think.

When Guruji asked for your head before giving amrit, did he say that your wife/husband has to give also ??

Why didn't he ask for a married couple whenhe called out for the five ???

The simple answer to the question '' Can you take amrit if your partner does not ?''

is a simple ''YES !!!''

Yes- you can.

But if you are following a rehat that says you can't, then you should ask yourself ''WHY am I following this rehat ??"

How do you qualify to take amrit ??

Do you have to take it along with your husband/wife ??

OR is it about submitting your complete self and your head ??

Answer is pretty simple. If you can't understand then just go back to simple Nanakji's philosophy and gurmat.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Basant on Pannaa 1189

bsMqu mhlw 1 ] basa(n)th mehalaa 1 || Basant, First Mehla: cMclu cIqu n pwvY pwrw ] cha(n)chal cheeth n paavai paaraa || The fickle consciousness cannot find the Lord's limits. Awvq jwq n lwgY bwrw ] aavath jaath n laagai baaraa || It is caught in non-stop coming and going. dUKu Gxo mrIAY krqwrw ] dhookh ghano mareeai karathaaraa || I am suffering and dying, O my Creator. ibnu pRIqm ko krY n swrw ]1] bin preetham ko karai n saaraa ||1|| No one cares for me, except my Beloved. ||1|| sB aUqm iksu AwKau hInw ] sabh ootham kis aakho heenaa || All are high and exalted; how can I call anyone low? hir BgqI sic nwim pqInw ]1] rhwau ] har bhagathee sach naam patheenaa ||1|| rehaao || Devotional worship of the Lord and the True Name has satisfied me. ||1||Pause|| AauKD kir QwkI bhuqyry ] aoukhadhh kar thhaakee bahuthaerae || I have taken all sorts of medicines; I am so tired of them. ikau duKu cUkY ibnu gur myry ] kio dhukh chookai bin gur maerae || How can this disease be cured, without my Guru? ibnu hir BgqI dUK Gxyry ] bin har bhagathee dhookh ghanaerae || Without devotional worship of the Lord, the pain is so great. duK suK dwqy Twkur myry ]2] dhukh sukh dhaathae t(h)aakur maerae ||2|| My Lord and Master is the Giver of pain and pleasure. ||2|| rogu vfo ikau bWDau DIrw ] rog vaddo kio baa(n)dhho dhheeraa || The disease is so deadly; how can I find the courage? rogu buJY so kwtY pIrw ] rog bujhai so kaattai peeraa || He knows my disease, and only He can take away the pain. mY Avgx mn mwih srIrw ] mai avagan man maahi sareeraa || My mind and body are filled with faults and demerits. FUFq Kojq guir myly bIrw ]3] dtoodtath khojath gur maelae beeraa ||3|| I searched and searched, and found the Guru, O my brother! ||3|| gur kw sbdu dwrU hir nwau ] gur kaa sabadh dhaaroo har naao || The Word of the Guru's Shabad, and the Lord's Name are the cures. ijau qU rwKih iqvY rhwau ] jio thoo raakhehi thivai rehaao || As You keep me, so do I remain. jgu rogI kh dyiK idKwau ] jag rogee keh dhaekh dhikhaao || The world is sick; where should I look? hir inrmwielu inrmlu nwau ]4] har niramaaeil niramal naao ||4|| The Lord is Pure and Immaculate; Immaculate is His Name. ||4|| Gr mih Gru jo dyiK idKwvY ] ghar mehi ghar jo dhaekh dhikhaavai || The Guru sees and reveals the Lord's home, deep within the home of the self; gur mhlI so mhil bulwvY ] gur mehalee so mehal bulaavai || He ushers the soul-bride into the Mansion of the Lord's Presence. mn mih mnUAw icq mih cIqw ] man mehi manooaa chith mehi cheethaa || When the mind remains in the mind, and the consciousness in the consciousness, AYsy hir ky log AqIqw ]5] aisae har kae log atheethaa ||5|| such people of the Lord remain unattached. ||5|| hrK sog qy rhih inrwsw ] harakh sog thae rehehi niraasaa || They remain free of any desire for happiness or sorrow; AMimRqu cwiK hir nwim invwsw ] a(n)mrith chaakh har naam nivaasaa || tasting the Amrit, the Ambrosial Nectar, they abide in the Lord's Name. Awpu pCwix rhY ilv lwgw ] aap pashhaan rehai liv laagaa || They recognize their own selves, and remain lovingly attuned to the Lord. jnmu jIiq gurmiq duKu Bwgw ]6] janam jeeth guramath dhukh bhaagaa ||6|| They are victorious on the battlefield of life, following the Guru's Teachings, and their pains run away. ||6|| guir dIAw scu AMimRqu pIvau ] gur dheeaa sach a(n)mrith peevo || The Guru has given me the True Ambrosial Nectar; I drink it in. shij mrau jIvq hI jIvau ] sehaj maro jeevath hee jeevo || Of course, I have died, and now I am alive to live. Apxo kir rwKhu gur BwvY ] apano kar raakhahu gur bhaavai || Please, protect me as Your Own, if it pleases You. qumro hoie su quJih smwvY ]7] thumaro hoe s thujhehi samaavai ||7|| One who is Yours, merges into You. ||7|| BogI kau duKu rog ivAwpY ] bhogee ko dhukh rog viaapai || Painful diseases afflict those who are sexually promiscuous. Git Git riv rihAw pRBu jwpY ] ghatt ghatt rav rehiaa prabh jaapai || God appears permeating and pervading in each and every heart. suK duK hI qy gur sbid AqIqw ] sukh dhukh hee thae gur sabadh atheethaa || One who remains unattached, through the Word of the Guru's Shabad nwnk rwmu rvY ihq cIqw ]8]4] naanak raam ravai hith cheethaa ||8||4|| - O Nanak, his heart and consciousness dwell upon and savor the Lord. ||8||4||

• 1 month later...

Discuss till raho first.

ਬਸੰਤੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥

Basanth Mehalaa 1 ||

ਚੰਚਲੁ ਚੀਤੁ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ਪਾਰਾ ॥

Chanchal Cheeth N Paavai Paaraa ||

The fickle consciousness cannot find the Lord's limits.

ਆਵਤ ਜਾਤ ਨ ਲਾਗੈ ਬਾਰਾ ॥

Aavath Jaath N Laagai Baaraa ||

It is caught in non-stop coming and going.

ਦੂਖੁ ਘਣੋ ਮਰੀਐ ਕਰਤਾਰਾ ॥

Dhookh Ghano Mareeai Karathaaraa ||

I am suffering and dying, O my Creator.

ਬਿਨੁ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਕੋ ਕਰੈ ਨ ਸਾਰਾ ॥੧॥

Bin Preetham Ko Karai N Saaraa ||1||

No one cares for me, except my Beloved. ||1||

ਸਭ ਊਤਮ ਕਿਸੁ ਆਖਉ ਹੀਨਾ ॥

Sabh Ootham Kis Aakho Heenaa ||

All are high and exalted; how can I call anyone low?

ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤੀ ਸਚਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਪਤੀਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

Har Bhagathee Sach Naam Patheenaa ||1|| Rehaao ||

Devotional worship of the Lord and the True Name has satisfied me. ||1||Pause||

@ op

Yes you can....and it should not effect your relation with your wife in any way.........

You don't know when one's gonna have his/her last breath, so it's not very wise to wait for someone else to join you if they don't want to at this time.......it's an individual journey......one has to pay for his/her own deeds by own self...........

If your wife joins you...very good.....if not.. talk to her humbly that you are very eager to take this step....and she can step in later when she feels ok.....