Dastaar for girls

Gurpreet14

Bhai Sahib Jee, you're right in that the question BhenJee asked was answered within your post. I was just worried that by mentioning Keski as Kakaar someone might mistake your information and an argument would form. At this point in time in the Kaum, we have more important things to worry about than infighting. Daas thinks it was Sant Jarnail Singh Jee that said something about how things like What is Kakaar, Mool Mantar Length, Raagmala etc. are all Ghar De Mamale and that the greater problem is outside of the Panth. Ghar De Mamamle can be resolved in our spare time as well. Nonetheless, wonderful post and my apologies for any misunderstanding.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf

My apologies as well if anything was said wrong. I didn't mean for it to potentially start a Kakaar argument. Kakaar or not, I think we can all agree about Keski's importance. :smile2:

Bhai Sahib Jee, you're right in that the question BhenJee asked was answered within your post. I was just worried that by mentioning Keski as Kakaar someone might mistake your information and an argument would form. At this point in time in the Kaum, we have more important things to worry about than infighting. Daas thinks it was Sant Jarnail Singh Jee that said something about how things like What is Kakaar, Mool Mantar Length, Raagmala etc. are all Ghar De Mamale and that the greater problem is outside of the Panth. Ghar De Mamamle can be resolved in our spare time as well. Nonetheless, wonderful post and my apologies for any misunderstanding.

Bhul Chuk Muaaf

That's a lie that Mahants/Pujaris never practised Gurmat.

This Rehit of Keski has been since Guru Gobind Singh Jee. It was so well known that the Pujaris wouldn't dare to change it, as they would be automatically exposed as being fake. Instead the Pujaris changed other customs/trends...but left the obvious Keski Rehit in place.

It seems like you're saying that Keski isn't Gurmat. Say that to Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee and Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee.

Not only did the Pujaris promote Keski Rehit...they also promoted Pure Gurmat Sarbloh Bibek Maryada as well as keeping Dastaar and Kacheraa intact (to the body) at all times.

Don't make blanket/lie statements. Just because the Pujaris tried to add their own Manmat to Sikhi, doesn't mean that everything they did/wrote/said is manmat. A lot is according to Gurmat as well.

Like having idols in Harmadir Sahib.

Let's praise the work and saviourings by the mahants ! :lol2:

Let's say that they were the best thing that ever happened to sikhi. :lol2: :respect: :lol2:

It's absolutely great that we have these hindu mindsets that keep sikhi undivided and completely gurmat now ? :biggrin2:

Bless the mahants, the saviours..... :cool2:

Yeah keep twisting my words....

you will see in a detailed post maybe tomorrow or in a few days...

then I'll see who's laughing.

So I see some virtues in someone who everyone else is quick to write off.....that makes me have a hindu mindset? Nice....

Let's praise the work and saviourings by the mahants ! :lol2:

Let's say that they were the best thing that ever happened to sikhi. :lol2: :respect: :lol2:

It's absolutely great that we have these hindu mindsets that keep sikhi undivided and completely gurmat now ? :biggrin2:

Bless the mahants, the saviours..... :cool2:

Service of the mahants

These mahants: Idols were installed in Darbar Sahib. Smoking and drinking became normal at Nankana Sahib and Taran Taaran Sahib. Killers of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre were honored at Akal Takhat Sahib, Pro. Gurmukh Singh and martyrs of Kamagata Maru were excommunicated from the Panth.

100% gurmat LOL.

Yeah keep making things up. Read what I said CAREFULLY.

Not only did the Pujaris promote Keski Rehit...they also promoted Pure Gurmat Sarbloh Bibek Maryada as well as keeping Dastaar and Kacheraa intact (to the body) at all times.

Don't make blanket/lie statements. Just because the Pujaris tried to add their own Manmat to Sikhi, doesn't mean that everything they did/wrote/said is manmat. A lot is according to Gurmat as well.

^ I didn't say everything they did was correct/Gurmat. I gave specific examples and also I said that they did a lot of Manmat things but still had Gurmat qualities here and there.

Keep trying to twist my words.....if you read it clearly and carefully...you would see some reality.

You still have nothing against all of the historical facts that I posted.

Instead, you try and change the topic by twisting my words and pathetically trying to make fun of me.

'Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Tenth Guru, son of Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji, in the year Seventeen Hundred

Fifty Two, on Tuesday - the Vaisakhi day - gave Khande-Ki-Pahul to Five

Sikhs and surnamed them as Singhs. First Daya Ram Sopti, Khatri resident

of Lahore stood up. Then Mohkam Chand Calico Printer of Dawarka; Sahib

Chand Barber of Zafrabad city; Dharam Chand Jawanda Jat of Hastnapur;

Himmat Chand Water Carrier of Jagannath stood up one after the other.

All were dressed in blue and he himself also dressed the same way.

Huqqah, Halaal, Hajaamat, Haraam, Tikka, Janeyu, Dhoti, were prohibited.

Socialization with the descendants of Prithi chand (Meenay), followers

of Dhirmal and Ram Rai, clean shaven people and Masands was prohibited.

All were given Kangha, Karad, KESGI, Kada and Kachhehra. All were made

Keshadhari. Everyone's place of birth was told to be Patna, of residence

as Anandpur. Rest, Guru's deeds are known only to the Satguru. Say

Guru! Guru! Guru! Guru will help everywhere.'24

So next thing no clean shaven man in any Gurdwara.

Sikhi today is not what it was back then. Today it's nothing like what it was even 75 years ago, let alone 300 years ago. If you read Rehitnamey and Hukamnamey and other historical literature, you will see how unique/distinct the Panth was.

The lifestyle of the devotees is unique and distinct.

The devotees' lifestyle is unique and distinct; they follow the most difficult path.

They renounce greed, avarice, egotism and desire; they do not talk too much.

The path they take is sharper than a two-edged sword, and finer than a hair.

By Guru's Grace, they shed their selfishness and conceit; their hopes are merged in the Lord.

Says Nanak, the lifestyle of the devotees, in each and every age, is unique and distinct. ||14||

And if your read carefully, which I see you don't, you would realize something:

^That's what you quoted and highlighted.

^That's how I would highlight it.

You just wanted to get everybody emotionally upset because 90% of so called "Sikhs" are clean shaven these days. And on top of that you twist it by saying that...

Please, stop twisting. No one said anything about them not being able to come to Gurdwara. Do you socialize in Gurdwara? Are you one of those people who stand around in the Langar Hall and talk and gossip?

Like I said, Sikhi is not the same today as it was before. And you just like to twist things because you have no other argument against what I wrote.

Anyone can come to the Gurdwara. You don't go to the Gurdwara to socialize. If you come across these people, you don't have to hang out with them or become their best friends. There is a difference between socializing and just talking/giving directions/inspiring them to come towards Sikhi, etc.

Keep it real Mr. Johal.

You're reaching too far in your arguments...and it's making you look pathetic.

If you can't follow Rehitnamey and Hukamnamey....don't criticize those who can.

Sikhi is not the same today as it was before. Today, those who follow Guru Sahib's directions are Virley and in major minority, so that's why they seem like the 'odd ones out', when in reality, they are actually the one's following the true path of Sikhi set out and finalized by Guru Gobind Singh Jee and associated Gursikhs.