Sikhs Seen As 'hate Crime' Targets In Us

JSinghnz

Sri Anand Sahib says don't listen to Kachi Bani, they can repeat Har Har, but it is Kachi Bani. I don't have Sants as my Guru, but have Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj as my Guru. The day a person can lead me to a Sant that can write Gurbani like Satguru. On that day I'll give my head to that Sant. Until then, my head is at the feet of Satguru and every person that calls themselves a Sikh is given the same order of dropping the head in Satguru's feet.

ITS NOT KAACHI BANI OF SANTS

Sri Anand Sahib very specifically defines Kachi Bani and this is being twisted for saving a human. A student cannot ever create Sachi Bani. He can explain Sachi Bani according to Gurmat. Hence why I asked for the Sant followers to produce a Sant that can write Gurbani like Satguru did.

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa explains Sachi Bani according to Gurmat. Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Khalsa does the same, Sant Baba Thakur Singh ji Khalsa does the same, Sant Baba Kartar Singh ji Khalsa does the same. These Sants came and told Sikhs to listen to Sachi Bani as Sri Anand Sahib says and did not tell Sikhs to listen to Kachi Bani. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj says to study other religious scriptures, but only keep your faith in Gurbani. So once again listening/sing/repeating Kachi Bani has been defined by Gurbani, but once again Gurbani is being twisted.

Never be scared of anyone that includes Sants. Always get in the habit of asking questions that further explains what a Sant or someone else said. Let the chela of Sants give you bad looks once the question is asked.

I guess thats the biggest problem in our Quam. This guy atleast has his turban and beard. He was also one of the founding members of Sikh Coalition. Rather than standing besides him and taking an opportunity to educate the masses, we are always criticising others. He hasnt gone to a brothel or a strip club. Further he went with his wife to listen to music. I dont see anything wrong.

Please guys, lets stick together.

United we stand, divided we fall!

We need to change this mentality in our youth. If we continue to go on this road then we will get more isolated. Believe it or not, we are are being fanatics in some form.

Personally I would never go to such place because of gurmat principles.. neither I would ever approve of my kids to go to such place in future. That is my personal religious standpoint however I would never impose or judge others who goes to such place.

Most of the Sikhs who run major civil organizations are not practicing rehat Sikhs; some of them drink, eat meat etc but that does not mean that they are not doing good work. I know for sure that their work helps amritdhari Sikhs in workplace, they fight cases, provide training to police to protect our fundamental civil rights. Even though I know that they are not Sikhs as per rehat maryada but I would always give them credits for the work they do for our kaum. I consider them as my brother regardless of their spiritual level. But I do know and would say flat where they are wrong, for ex. if tomorrow they run for gurdwara sahib then I would oppose them.

good one can become bad while bad one can transforms into gurmukh.. If sajjan thug can change his life and become gursikh then those who attends clubs might become gursikh as per their karam. We should not become a part of something to reject or discriminate those type of people. Giv them a chance!

Pleas don't involve terms like liberal/conservative/ultra-orthodox/modern/traditional to divide us further.

@ Singh4Peace - A wonderfully balanced outlook. I personally hope those of us who consider ourselves Sikhs of the Guru never have to face such moral or ethical quandaries about where to go, what to do, who to talk to (or not talk to), etc. For those who want to have their high-flying career BUT also want to remain at their Guru's feet I imagine it must be really difficult to achieve that balance in this world. Good luck to them is all I can say.