Ugh Need Some Help: Battling With My Identity

Guest enteryourname

So because it was easier to do?Do you like the look of short hair?

Because you were lazy.You did not have any real pyar for the guru because doing rehats to you was a chore.

Yes it was easier and more practical. I like the look of both short and long hair it isn't about the looks. It's not about being lazy it was more practical according to my lifestyle. Some of the rehats I think are impractical and don't apply to now but that just my opinion and you are entitled to yours.

But I respect your lifestyle as well its your choice at the end of the day and me and you are not hurting anyone by living it. Plus I believe guru's love is unconditional and not conditional.

Can i tell you a sakhi?There used to be a person in guru gobind singh jis time.He wanted to have guru ji eat his food that he made.Guru ji did not eat.That person begged and begged but guru ji said why should i eat from you?You have not taken my amrit so why should i take your food?In the end that person became a singh and guru ji ate from that person.Another story was about bhai dalla ji.He used to work in the guru jis stables for 11 months and 11 days straight.Guru ji was so happy with him that he told bhai ji to ask anything he wants.Bhai sahib asked can i please have a small place with you in sachkhand and guru ji said i cant even give you the smallest place for you in sachkhand because you have not taken amrit.The bhai sahib had to take amrit then.Amrit is a must and sache patshah ji does not care if you are the best person in the world who does good deeds etc.He wants you take amrit.Dont be fooled thinking that you dont need amrit.

Lets ask you something else.If you lived on a deserted island for the rest of your life would you care about cutting your hair?Or being practical?Would you still say its too hard?If you do say its too hard why?You have no pressure,no other people around you.So why wouldnt you be able to do rehat etc?

Can i tell you a sakhi?There used to be a person in guru gobind singh jis time.He wanted to have guru ji eat his food that he made.Guru ji did not eat.That person begged and begged but guru ji said why should i eat from you?You have not taken my amrit so why should i take your food?In the end that person became a singh and guru ji ate from that person.Another story was about bhai dalla ji.He used to work in the guru jis stables for 11 months and 11 days straight.Guru ji was so happy with him that he told bhai ji to ask anything he wants.Bhai sahib asked can i please have a small place with you in sachkhand and guru ji said i cant even give you the smallest place for you in sachkhand because you have not taken amrit.The bhai sahib had to take amrit then.Amrit is a must and sache patshah ji does not care if you are the best person in the world who does good deeds etc.He wants you take amrit.Dont be fooled thinking that you dont need amrit.

Lets ask you something else.If you lived on a deserted island for the rest of your life would you care about cutting your hair?Or being practical?Would you still say its too hard?If you do say its too hard why?You have no pressure,no other people around you.So why wouldnt you be able to do rehat etc?

Don't believe the stories and from reading the previous thread I believe anyone can reach God. Like ganeika who was a prostitute and naraayan who used to see prostitutes all reached God and they were not amritdhari. Also this is written about in the GGS but the stories you mentioned are not. So no for taking amrit is the only way.

I wouldn't follow rehat if i was on a desserted island don't see why i would. Hair I would grow because i prob be lying on my arse all day wouldn't see why i would cut it as my lifestyle would be so diff from now, won't even bother combing it just prob get it all tangled up. I don't care about the views of other people so I have no pressure from them.

You are just something else.Dont belive the bhai dala story?Go to damdama sahib and there is bhai dala singh jis house there.Please ask there.There guru ji gave his chola,dastaar,sword,etc.

Rehni Rahe Soi Sikh Mera, Oh Sahib Mein Us Ka Chehra.
Rehat Bina Nahie Singh Kahave, Rehat Bina Darh Chota Khahve
Rehni Rahe Soi Sikh Mera, Oh Sahiba Mein Us Ka Chehra.
Rehat Bin Sukh Kabho Nah Lahe, Ta Te Rehat So Drir Khar Gaye
Khalsa Khas Kahave Soi, Ja Ke Hirde Bharam Na Hoe.
Bharam Bhek Te Rahe Niryara, So Khalis Sat Guru Hamara.

Do you believe this?

You are just something else.Dont belive the bhai dala story?Go to damdama sahib and there is bhai dala singh jis house there.Please ask there.There guru ji gave his chola,dastaar,sword,etc.

Rehni Rahe Soi Sikh Mera, Oh Sahib Mein Us Ka Chehra.

Rehat Bina Nahie Singh Kahave, Rehat Bina Darh Chota Khahve

Rehat Bin Sukh Kabho Nah Lahe, Ta Te Rehat So Drir Khar Gaye

Khalsa Khas Kahave Soi, Ja Ke Hirde Bharam Na Hoe.

Bharam Bhek Te Rahe Niryara, So Khalis Sat Guru Hamara.

Do you believe this?

My interpretation of rehat is very different than yours. My rehat is to love God only and I am free to love him without following any rituals. That is my rehat to remember him all the time. My guru is shabad only.

he shall withdraw his support and protection. So long as Khalsa retains his distinct identity, I will give him my entire radiance and strength. But if he should take on a non-Sikh way of life, then I shall have no confidence in him and withdraw my support and protection.
Jab lag Khalsa rahe niara. tab lag tej dio mai sara.
jab eh gahe bipran ki reet. mai na karo in ki parteet.
jb lg Kwlsw rhy inAwrw ]
qb lg qyj dIau mYN swrw ]
jb ieh ghY ibprn kI rIq ]
mYN nw kroN ien kI pRqIq ]

Do you think you are living a sikh way of life?

he shall withdraw his support and protection. So long as Khalsa retains his distinct identity, I will give him my entire radiance and strength. But if he should take on a non-Sikh way of life, then I shall have no confidence in him and withdraw my support and protection.

Jab lag Khalsa rahe niara. tab lag tej dio mai sara.

jab eh gahe bipran ki reet. mai na karo in ki parteet.

jb lg Kwlsw rhy inAwrw ]

qb lg qyj dIau mYN swrw ]

jb ieh ghY ibprn kI rIq ]

mYN nw kroN ien kI pRqIq ]

Do you think you are living a sikh way of life?

Guru supported me when I was amridhari and he also supports me now :biggrin2: I Guess my guru loves me too much to not support and protect me.