Al Qaeda Attacks Mall In Nairobi, Kenya

Mehtab Singh

The average modern-day Sikh is too busy with his smartphone and carrying on with his female friends to be of use to anybody.

Haha nothing wrong with being on smartphone as long as your doing your Paath on it on Gurbani app or listening to some Katha or kirtan. In nearly all the western countries they have organisations that give combat training. Having combat knowledge is a part of our Dharm. If the situation arises like what happened in Kenya, I hope Sikhs are like that British Marine.

The world is not a safe place, especially for the Sikhs post 9/11. Just a few days ago a Sikh professor was severely beaten up in America, and Wisconsin Gurdwara shooting is still fresh in every Sikh's mind all over the western world. We could never know where and when tragedy might strike. Guru Gobind Singh Singh has given us a unique system that we just need to implement in our lives. On one hand he gave us Mala for Bhagti but on the other hand a Shastar. A Sikh must be knowledgeable in both Shastar(combat training) and Shaastar(scriptures). Gurbani/Naam Simran is for the mind. It makes us fearless and determined, and combat training will make us physically strong. That's why the Gurus had opened up wrestling Akharas and encouraged Sikhs to ride horses. This is the whole concept of Sant Sipahi. Sikhs were beginning to forget this aspect of our Dharm until Sant jee again reminded Sikhs of it.

The Singhs in their late 20s / early 30s I can agree with, but this new 'puneeri' (under 25s) haven't got a clue. From afar they look the part, but up-close when you speak to them they're so... soft. Of course I wouldn't like to generalise as I'm sure there's a few hard nuts amongst this age-group, but from what I've seen, they're caught up in a weird mindset which is completely contrary to what a strong-minded and physically strong Singh should be.

The Singhs in their late 20s / early 30s I can agree with, but this new 'puneeri' (under 25s) haven't got a clue. From afar they look the part, but up-close when you speak to them they're so... soft. Of course I wouldn't like to generalise as I'm sure there's a few hard nuts amongst this age-group, but from what I've seen, they're caught up in a weird mindset which is completely contrary to what a strong-minded and physically strong Singh should be.

You mean the new puneeri in the west or in India? The ones in the west I agree seem very pansy'ish and unmanly, but some of them are hard headed. The ones in India may have largely become Patit, do drugs but last year to my surprise I saw thousands of them in full Panthic Junoon on the streets of Gurdaspur ready to do anything if Bhai Rajoana was hanged. It was seeing this that forced the GOI to postpone the hanging.

You mean the new puneeri in the west or in India? The ones in the west I agree seem very pansy'ish and unmanly, but some of them are hard headed. The ones in India may have largely become Patit, do drugs but last year to my surprise I saw thousands of them in full Panthic Junoon on the streets of Gurdaspur ready to do anything if Bhai Rajoana was hanged. It was seeing this that forced the GOI to postpone the hanging.

The ones in the West, particularly UK (I can't speak for our North American brothers). Yep, the ones back home who aren't into patit-ness and nasha at least have a bit of anakh about them, but as Arnold Schwarzenegger use to say the "girlie-boys" are a weird sight to behold lol. Look, it's cool to be what you are, not everyone is a warrior or anything like that, but as a Sikh sometimes you gotta front even if it is in public, and without coming across an <banned word filter activated>, our lot should learn to carry themselves off with a bit of swagger without crossing the line into foolishness. I admit it's a fine line to tread, lol.

reality and i for one 100% agree with the above.

I agree with everything you wrote but with some correction. The killing of Sikhs in Kashmir during Clinton's visit was done by the Indian army as part of their false flag operation to defame their neighbor, not that their neighbor had a good reputation to begin with but this was done by an enemy who were just as brutal as the Islamo Fascists. This was told to me by a Kashmiri Sikh himself some years ago whose village was not far from ChattiSinghPura where the massacre occurred. Let's not blame everything under the blue sky on the Muslims. Sikhs have more than one enemy, let's not have any doubts about this. Currently our biggest enemy is the GOI who have carried out the Sikh genocide.

Even the Badal group of the Akali Dal did not believe the Indian version of the massacre and they are hardly ones to speak out. Basically Sikhs are on their own and need to defend against multiple enemies. I agree the Indian Govt has killed the most Sikhs since 1947 and continues to protect the guilty. Massacres of minorities are still happening in India and Sikhs are still being rounded up on false cases. Outside of India we face the Muslim conversion gangs and terror strikes and racists.

CBI probe demanded into Chittisinghpora massacre

Our Correspondent

Jammu, August 8

The state unit of the Shiromani Akali Dal has called for a CBI inquiry into the killing of innocent Sikhs during the six-year rule of the National Conference in Jammu and Kashmir.

At an emergency meeting here today Sikh leaders criticised the recent statement of the former Chief Minister, Dr Farooq Abdullah in which he had said that the BJP-led NDA Government had not allowed him to hold an inquiry into the killing of 35 Sikhs at Chittisinghpora village in South Kashmir.

Dr Farooq Abdullah had told newsmen in Jammu on August 6 that he wanted to institute an inquiry for exposing the “real culprits of Chittisinghpora massacre but the NDA Government scuttled my plan.”

Mr Mohan Singh, president, Shiromani Akali Dal, who presided over the meeting told mediamen that “we have taken a serious note of the allegations levelled against the NDA Government by Dr Abdullah and we want the BJP, NC and the Akali Dal (Badal) to clear their position vis-a-vis the scuttling of the inquiry plan.”

He said when the massacre took place Dr Farooq Abdullah, who was then the Chief Minister, had “never disclosed anything about the NDA gameplan when a deputation of Sikh leaders had called on him.”

Mr Mohan Singh said that as Chief Minister, Dr Abdullah had never announced his intention of holding a judicial or CBI inquiry.

The Akali leader said by accusing the BJP-led NDA Government of scuttling his plan of instituting an inquiry, Dr Farooq Abdullah was blaming the Akali Dal (Badal) also because the Badal faction was a constituent of the NDA.

The Shiromani Akali Dal leaders appealed to Prime Minister, Manmohan Singh, and Chief Minister, Mufti Mohammed Sayeed, to order a CBI inquiry into the killing of Sikhs during the National Conference rule to unravel the truth.

Is that a muslim woman helping cant be, i thought they were all bad after reading some very hateful comments by so called sikhs here.

The media has gone out of their way to show as many Muslim victims as possible. Only a few newspapers carried the news that the terrorists asked who was a Muslim and who was non-Muslim and then they killed the non-Muslims. There have been no reports where even ONE of these Muslims stood up to the attackers and tell them that Islam is a religion of peace and that they should release the non-Muslims as well! These Muslims ran for their lives and left even non-Muslim they had come with to the mall as friends, The few Muslims who died or were show injured were the ones who didn't wait for the mohammed's momma question and ran and so were shot at.

It is such an impossible situation when confronted by buzdil cowardly evil beasts with automatic rifles, grenades and suicide vests intent on killing you and themselves in process.....so i dont blame the muslims that legged it when they had the chance to flee........ the unfortunately innocents who were left behind were sitting ducks as they were unarmed women and kids mostly..

The beauty of Sikhism is that it allows for Sikhs to be armed as per Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji's and Guru Gobind Singh ji's sanctioned mandates....

The problem is modern authoritarian governments and man made stupid laws of the land will not permit a citizen to have firearms on them to protect their own life and liberty rather they want you to rely on their man made authority to save you and others lives which is not what governments should be about ....they should not have the right to decide who can defend themselves with what weapon...on a basic human level everyone should have the right to use firearms to defend their life as it the case in some american states.