Sikhi & Contraception

Guest JSingh

Wjkk Wjkf. I was asked this question by another Singh so I started looking into it & am confused really so basically....Are you allowed to wear a condom when doing the thing with your Singhini? If no, is it safe without it? If yes, why? I've established that the other stuff is a no-no i.e. pills etc. I just need this clearing, the condom issue. Thank you Ji.

I'm not sure how you have established what other methods are a no-no ?

I've never come across anything about pills unless it is pills or intoxicants that mess with your mind.

The question about contraception is a question that has nothing to do with sikhi. Just because it can be an issue with catholics doesn't mean it is a religious matter in all cases.

Whether you use birth control pills, IUD's, condoms, natural cycles...etc... it is a personal choice according to your convenience and suitability.

I've never come across anything about pills unless it is pills or intoxicants that mess with your mind.

The question about contraception is a question that has nothing to do with sikhi. Just because it can be an issue with catholics doesn't mean it is a religious matter in all cases.

Whether you use birth control pills, IUD's, condoms, natural cycles...etc... it is a personal choice according to your convenience and suitability.

Sikhi covers all choices a human makes in life. I do not know where you got this weird idea that Sikhi does not cover contraception.

Birth control pills completely change the natural levels of hormones in the body . Mood changes are a well known side effect. They have a huge effect on the body and for some a noticeable change to the mind. Removal of kesh, tattoos or taking drugs all alter the body from it's natural state as given to us by Satguru. I am pretty sure birth control pills fall into the same category.

Personally i feel that if vaheguru is forgotten during the act then kaam has taken control, if the act is carried out between husband and wife with vaheguru ji in mind then its is he himself as n30singh ji says sab gobind hai.

It is for the purpose of producing offspring and we are told to keep it to a minimum:

So we should be performing which shabad /simran?

So you think of god when being intimate is it not wrong to be doing it and thinking of god. Like going to toilet and doing the same. Surely when thinking of god have 100/ full concentration and be clean physically and mentally.

There are actually 3 shabads in SGGSJ. Raag Ramkali by Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

You do not control your seed and semen, and yet you claim to practice

abstinence. You beg from Maya, lured by the three qualities. You have no compassion; the Lord.s Light does not shine in you

You are drowned, drowned in worldly entanglements. || 4 || - Ang 903.

No matter how much he tries, he cannot control his semen and

seed. His mind wavers, and he falls into hell. Bound and gagged in the City of Death, he is tortured. Without the Name, his

soul cries out in agony. || 5 || - Ang 906.

If one is not imbued with the Lord.s

Love, nor intoxicated with His subtle essence, without the Word of the Guru.s Shabad, he is frustrated, and consumed by his

own inner fire. He does not preserve his semen and seed, and does not chant the Shabad. He does not control his breath; he

does not worship and adore the True Lord. But one who speaks the Unspoken Speech, and remains balanced, O Nanak, attains

the Lord, the Supreme Soul. || 62 || - Ang 945.

There are actually 3 shabads in SGGSJ. Raag Ramkali by Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

You do not control your seed and semen, and yet you claim to practice

abstinence. You beg from Maya, lured by the three qualities. You have no compassion; the Lord.s Light does not shine in you

You are drowned, drowned in worldly entanglements. || 4 || - Ang 903.

No matter how much he tries, he cannot control his semen and

seed. His mind wavers, and he falls into hell. Bound and gagged in the City of Death, he is tortured. Without the Name, his

soul cries out in agony. || 5 || - Ang 906.

If one is not imbued with the Lord.s

Love, nor intoxicated with His subtle essence, without the Word of the Guru.s Shabad, he is frustrated, and consumed by his

own inner fire. He does not preserve his semen and seed, and does not chant the Shabad. He does not control his breath; he

does not worship and adore the True Lord. But one who speaks the Unspoken Speech, and remains balanced, O Nanak, attains

the Lord, the Supreme Soul. || 62 || - Ang 945.

Ok, but seriously are we meant to pray when doing it, surely not? does "oh, oh yeah oh my god" count?