Nanaksaria Ashrams

Son of Scthia

Nirangana, all true Panthic organizations owe their allegiance to the Akal Takht. They may not agree with some parts of the SGPC maryadha, but overall they all respect the Akal Takht as supreme. If they did not fully respect the Akal Takht, then why would thousands of Sikhs attain Shaheedis after seeing the desecration of the Akal Takht by the GOI in 84? Obviously, they do owe their loyalties to the Akal Takht.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hiya all, im new to this forum and wud like to say a great big SAT SRI AKAL.

right lets get down to the matter of this topic. i am a pagh wala sikh, and along with my family regulalry attend a Nanaksar 'Gurdwara' (so u may call me a nanaksari, but i prefer to call my self a gursikh) and have read a few points on this post which i feel need to be addressed.

first and foremost i would like to bring to the attention that just because a person attends ONE nankasar gurdwara, DOES NOT mean that all nanaksar gurdwaras are like that. in fact from my own relatives in canada i have herd that many people have created their own 'nankasar thaths' and go under this guise.

secondly i have asked my father why do nanaksar gurdwaras not have a nishan sahib, and jus like bhai khalistani says

but the reason before baba je never put one one was they dont give u rooms to live there, its only a place of bhagti

and if theres a nishan sahib at a a place u shud be able to provide accomidations for people

another reason my father says is that the nanaksar thaths do not want the SGPC to have a say on the thath for wot ever politcal reasons, for which i do not know about. and that the thath was not open 24/7 compared to that of a gurdwara. and i for one agree that the thaths SHOULD have nishan sahibs regardless of politics etc.

thirdly

this notion that nanksaris believe in some1 other than the 10 living gurus and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj, is highly perposturous. if one was to attend a proper thath then you would know that.

fourthly the fact that in the langer halls table and chairs are used by all the sangat is again ridiculous, as the nankasar gurdwara i attend in coventry UK, has never had tables or chairs even before the akal takht had made it a hukamnaama. and if there is a thath that has tables and chairs in the langar hall, this goes against what baba nand singh ji, and baba isher singh ji say.

as far as kirtan goes, you sure that the mic wasnt working, therefore the kirtan not being heard??yes i agree nanaksar style kirtan is alot more louder, than that of more conventional style, but so wot. as far as im concerned the louder the better, that way the whole world can hear the divine hymns.

as for the langar being prepared outside the gurdwara is highly unlikely. again the nanaksar temple in coventry prepares almost all of it within its own kitchens, except langar that is brought in by TRUSTED and known sangat which the sevadars will know sacham is preserved to the max, which is mixed with the rest of the langer prepared on site.

as far as the Bihangams are concerned, so what if they wear white choleh! yes i agree 'baba' harnek singh has done many a bad thing, but there has been such a big thing goin on about him, those that believe in sikhi and wot baba nand singh ji used to say would not dare believe in him.

i hope i have been able to clarify a few points on this topic, and is not i will try my to the best of my knowledge and abilities to in future.

what i would like to say is however, the sikhs on this forum do not like to stereotyped as other sikhs ( ie caste followers, beer drinking, smoking, hair cutting peeps) such that non sikhs believe that ALL sikhs are like that and that sikhi promotes it. yet i have seen that jus because a person has been to a nankasar gurdwara, and has

seen a few irregularities assumes that all nanaksar gurdwaras are the same, i feel is unjust.

what i would like to know however is how 'nanaksaris' are betrayed the panth in 1984, as as a young child in 1995 going to a thath in delhi i remember temporary tents erected to accomodate those sikhs who lost homes during the riots and providing shelter and medical care.

if i have said anything out of order please forgive me, as i did it without realising i have done, and did not mean to. pray.gif

:wub: )))) take care

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your insight Amaraow Singh! I was hoping that someone would be able to tell us what you just said... that the Nanaksar Gurdwara here is the exception to the rule. Its too bad that these people here are bringing such a bad repuation to all Nanaksari Sikhs.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I just wanted to share something. I went to the India Nanaksar Gurudwara in Punjab about 3 yrs ago and it is a little different from the one here in Edmonton and also the Richmond one esp the langar, there you sit down and no shoes whatsoever. I also got the chance to see the Sant ji who is currently doing the seva of DHun Dhun SGGS Ji. He considers himself a sevak and nothing more. As we sat there listenin to him tell us to do paath and simran, a bibi came and bowed her head infront of him, he told her never to do it again but only bow her head before SGGS ji. And in the Gurudwara, the Baba Nand Singh Ji's pics are there but they really do alot of seva. The shoe thing here is a little wierd here but Nanaksar Gurudwaras are great too!

BHUL CHUKH MAPH

Nirangana, all true Panthic organizations owe their allegiance to the Akal Takht. They may not agree with some parts of the SGPC maryadha, but overall they all respect the Akal Takht as supreme. If they did not fully respect the Akal Takht, then why would thousands of Sikhs attain Shaheedis after seeing the desecration of the Akal Takht by the GOI in 84? Obviously, they do owe their loyalties to the Akal Takht.

Singh47,

I am not challenging the space that the Akal Thakt occupies in the heart of all Sikhs, however as I stated in my post, I refer to the present "occupiers of the Akal Thakt", they I'm sure you'll agree are two different things.

For the record, I am a Vegan, so I am in no way advocating an argument on meat, however this point about criticising Nanaksar for having differences from the "SGPC" is misfounded.

All the other groups I mentioned have significant differences between their preaching and practices that advocated by the "SGPC", why is that you are pouncing on Nanaksar alone?

I made the comment on meat, because usually here, everyone begins to say "oh no, but our Bhai Sahib, Sant, Leader etc, said no way to meat" hence implying their mat over and above that of the SGPC (who you accord to be the Akal Thakt), however when it comes to other practices of other non-SGPC groups, here Nanaksar, then we see this usual doub

le-standard of using the SGPC dictates as the barometer??!!

Khalistani wrote:

“ive seen that thread, which did make me upset

but aare u sure sant baba nand singh je approved it??

bhula chuka maf”

According to the Nanaksaris themselves, it was approved by Sant Ishar Singh Jee.

Amaraow Singh wrote:

“thirdly this notion that nanksaris believe in some1 other than the 10 living gurus and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj, is highly perposturous. if one was to attend a proper thath then you would know that.”

Actually, that is only correct to a certain degree. Nanaksaris do consider Baba Nand Singh Jee and Baba Ishar Singh Jee as (nit) avatars of Guru Nanak Dev Jee. To write it in plain English, they think that Guru Nanak Dev Jee came down into the womb of a women and was born as Baba Ishar Singh Jee and Baba nand Singh Jee 400 years after Guru Nanak Dev Jee left his worldly body (Joti-Jot samouna). That is why they put pictures of the two Saints next to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee.

“as for the langar being prepared outside the gurd

wara is highly unlikely”

If Langer has now been started in the Nanaksari Gurdwara, then that is something new. That is not how it was during the times of the founders. They are going against the original Nanaksari tradition of not allowing Langar to be prepared in the Thaath.
“what i would like to know however is how 'nanaksaris' are betrayed the panth in 1984, as as a young child in 1995 going to a thath in delhi i remember temporary tents erected to accomodate those sikhs who lost homes during the riots and providing shelter and medical care.”

the late Baba Narain Singh leader of Nanaksar Kaleran (Ludhiana) betrayed the Panth in 1984 along with Nihang Chief Santa Singh by collaborating with Indira Gandhi. At least Santa Singh, Nihal Singh, (the late) Baba Mangal Singh Satlanee and Bikramjit Singh came to Akal Takht and asked for an apology. But the Nanaksari leader Baba Narain Singh did not even do that. Out of all the traitors during 84, the Nanaksari leader is the only one who did not come to seek forgiveness from the panth.

and on their gutkas it says their Akhand Paaths are better than those done at Har Ki Pauri Darbar Sahib. I read this in a gutka I had then I did saskaar. Nanaksaris helped police capture Kharkoo Singhs. today nanksar is not the same. it is almost a cult now. during Mahapurash Ji it was a group of real Sikhs. well, all jathebandis are changing. some got far worse than others but its all downhill. Guru Rakha. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 15 years later...
Guest babies

Hello, I am a youth. Seeing all this bickering and arguing (all of you) is sick, and is pushing me away from the religion. It's pushing a lot of young people away. You guys can keep arguing, but in one generation, there won't be any religion left.  So stop being babies and treat each other respectfully, and maybe find similarities so that you can do things to retain the culture and youth instead of bickering.  Have fun yelling at each other on the internet, while I go find my own mindfulness in other places. Me and a lot of other people who are leaving because of all of you.