Why Sikhism Failed To Spread After Nearly 500 Years?

SSD

There is also the tired statement quality not quantity. What this has led to is that Sikhs have not told anybody about their religion and numbers have reduced in real terms. This has led to parents not telling their kids about Sikhi and losing them. Also during the Singh Sabha and Akali Lehar in the 1900-40 the Sikh numbers increased when active parchar. Under Indian rule Sikhs have declined as the Govt sees Sikhs as a threat and have contained them. Parcher is slowly starting again , let's hope it works.

There is also the tired statement quality not quantity. What this has led to is that Sikhs have not told anybody about their religion and numbers have reduced in real terms. This has led to parents not telling their kids about Sikhi and losing them. Also during the Singh Sabha and Akali Lehar in the 1900-40 the Sikh numbers increased when active parchar. Under Indian rule Sikhs have declined as the Govt sees Sikhs as a threat and have contained them. Parcher is slowly starting again , let's hope it works.

the things about parchars(not Jugraj Singh) is that they only really preach to the people who have already known about Sikhi, such as family, friends, or they saw some sant and want to be like them, but for average society, they have no idea what it is? You can only be interested in something if you know it exists. "Sikhi is the best kept secret in the world", everyone can apply Sikh ideologies to their lives such as Naam Jappo, Kirat Karao, and Vand Ki Chacko. But not everyone will become a Sikh because it probably isn't for them(Maryada and Amrit), but certainly everyone should be living a lifestyle of Naam Japna as it can change someone.

This is actually false. For about 300 years Christians were prosecuted and killed until emporor Constantine became a Christian himself but before that the Christians were being killed left right and centre.

Which is why I said: Islam and Christianity faced very minor persecutions until they managed to spread(usually by force)

Both of these abrahamic religions faced minor persecutions. But nothing compared to what the Sikhs faced. Only the Jews faced what we faced and still survived to tell the story. Furthermore, once Christianity and Islam came to power, they became source of persecution of minorities.

Sikhi has not grown in number as we do not go out to convert. We do not claim exclusivity and then go out to conquer and subjugate. We do not have some emperor of some large empire that becomes Sikh and then converts everyone to Sikhi. Nor are we between two empires who are too busy wiping each other out along with climatic change that enables you to capitalise and convert by force.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jacfsing2

The reason I am asking this is because in that much time for other religions they got so much done. Christianity got Europe; Islam in 500 years got Arabia. Bhudhism in 500 years was very well spread out into southeastern Asia and Japan. So if these religions got so much in 500 years, why have we failed as followers of the highest Guru to even get outside of Punjab? Our Gurus aren't lower than these are other men!

Bump! It's been about 2 years ago since I first asked this question under the name "SSD", and I'd really like to know if anyone in the Sangat has some new answers to this question, I've also tried to improve my own GurSikhi from the time this question was asked.