Sign in to follow this  
deepsinghmangat

Does Dasam Granth Reject Hindu Gods As Myth Or

some Sikh websites make claims that in the dasam granth it says that some of the gurus descended from or reincarnation of hindu gods

And why should anyone really give a damn????

I disagree with Jonny 101.Our great Guru mentioned Hindu gods in his compulation only because we need a reference material for discussionwith people of other faiths, for the same purpose were the singhs sent to Kashi for studying Hindu philosophy and scriptures( this cannot mean he was fan of hinduism) Siri Guru Gibibd Singh Ji message is clear in Chaupai we recite daily - when he says Mai na ganeshai pritham manaoo, Kishan Bishan kabhoo nah dhiyaoon. Kaan sunai pehchaan na tin so - meaning, I do not wish to pray Ganesh first, neither would I recite name of Kishan or Bishan( Vishnu and his Incarnations) I hear from Them only but there is no sign if their existense, Alas we recite gurbani but never try to undestand the message lying therein.

I disagree with Jonny 101.Our great Guru mentioned Hindu gods in his compulation only because we need a reference material for discussionwith people of other faiths, for the same purpose were the singhs sent to Kashi for studying Hindu philosophy and scriptures( this cannot mean he was fan of hinduism) Siri Guru Gibibd Singh Ji message is clear in Chaupai we recite daily - when he says Mai na ganeshai pritham manaoo, Kishan Bishan kabhoo nah dhiyaoon. Kaan sunai pehchaan na tin so - meaning, I do not wish to pray Ganesh first, neither would I recite name of Kishan or Bishan( Vishnu and his Incarnations) I hear from Them only but there is no sign if their existense, Alas we recite gurbani but never try to undestand the message lying therein.

Veer ji,

Guru ji says he doesn't recognise them, doesn't remember them, doesn't listen to their praise because his chit is with Akal Purakh's charan. in other words they exist as entities but they have no value in front of Akal Purakh , that is how Guru ji leads us . In Dasam Granth Guru ji has translated the sanskrit to common languages so people can come to know what they were denied knowledge of by pandits, and then Guru ji has given Gurmukh context by telling us who we are dedicated to and how one battles against the tyrants and adharam .The Gods and Goddesses exists in the crodes but they are as nothing for a sikh as his/her dhian is only with Mahakaal, Akal Purakh Waheguru.

• Like 1

Bro jkvlondon yoy have right to hold your pov, but that is just neither true nor gurmat.The so called gods are shown to have human shortcomings like lust, anger, greed, cowardice, pride etc, whenever attacked by rakshas( i believe they had better chatacter than "gods" ) would run helter skelter for help to goddesses. In Gurbani gods and goddesses are only ridiculed .I have shown quotes from gurbani in some other thread on concept of avataarvaad in Sikhi also, may quote here if required .Rquest, please do not misinterprete gurbani in brahminical light it has already done a lot of damage. I do not wish to annoy or agitate anybody so respectfully please give it a thought

Wjkk wjkf

• Like 4

Bro jkvlondon yoy have right to hold your pov, but that is just neither true nor gurmat.The so called gods are shown to have human shortcomings like lust, anger, greed, cowardice, pride etc, whenever attacked by rakshas( i believe they had better chatacter than "gods" ) would run helter skelter for help to goddesses. In Gurbani gods and goddesses are only ridiculed .I have shown quotes from gurbani in some other thread on concept of avataarvaad in Sikhi also, may quote here if required .Rquest, please do not misinterprete gurbani in brahminical light it has already done a lot of damage. I do not wish to annoy or agitate anybody so respectfully please give it a thought

Wjkk wjkf

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ki Fateh,

what exactly did I say was anti-gurmat I said Guru ji Stayed with Akal Purakh's Charan instead of following any devta and that Dasam Bani also in in same context the devte may/may not exist it is irrelevant for us as Gursikh because they are not PooJnikh in our eyes compared to Akal Purakh. The stories have been written out but are not accompanied with advice to pray to them ...if I had said THAT then yes I would be guilty of being antigurmat ... sorry that you see enemies where there is none

• Like 2

http://searchgurbani.com/dasam_granth/page/132/line/13

This link provides the answer of what Guru Maharaj states about gods etc...

you have to continue to read through each page. The link is the beginning of the shabad.

Like I said Guru ji doesn't feel they are poojnikh ... and it is clear they are not , they betrayed and forgot their maker in their own egotrips

Hinduism is clearly a man made religion

if dasam granth gives any credibility to Hinduism then it would be hard for me to believe what the dasam granth has to say

Hinduism is fairy tales

that's why I really want to know does dasam granth acknowledge some hindu gods exist or does it reject Hinduism an point at Hindu gods do

not exist?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/diaspora/inspiring-73-year-old-grandfather-known-as-skipping-sikh-wins-uk-award-104893   Tribune Web Desk Chandigarh, June 26     Rajinder Singh popularly known as ‘Skipping Sikh’. A 73-year-old Sikh grandfather, popularly known as ‘Skipping Sikh’, who shot to limelight for his exercise videos during the lockdown that attract thousands of viewers and helped raise funds for the National Health Service (NHS) in the UK, was on Friday awarded the ‘Point of Light’ award Rajinder Singh, aged 73, from Harlington, films exercise videos in his allotment, bringing together over 250,000 viewers on YouTube, helping the Sikh community remain active and fundraising over £12,000 for NHS charities, the UK’s Points of Light website wrote. With the UK in lockdown, this was his way of encouraging people to squeeze in some physical activity in their daily lives. Missing his daily exercise, food and prayer with others from the Sikh community during lockdown, Rajinder decided to share videos online of his skipping fitness routines and inspire others to keep active with him, particularly those isolating at home. His tutorials have since become a worldwide phenomenon, and he is encouraging people across the globe to join in his lockdown skip challenge and donate to NHS charities. In a personal letter to Rajinder, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said:“I wanted to write personally to thank you for all that you are doing to support our extraordinary NHS, and encouraging the nation to pick up their skipping ropes and keep their spirits high by taking on your lockdown skip challengeour ‘Skipping Sikh’ fitness videos have given a lift to the thousands of people worldwide who have watched online and taken part with you in your daily exercise, and provided an ingenious way of bringing together and energising the Sikh community at a time when temples have been closed. “So allow me to join in sharing your message that health is wealth, and congratulate you on becoming the UK’s 1410th Point of Light!” Rajinder said: “Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh. I am truly humbled for being awarded the Points of Light award. I love to serve others – it’s part of who I am as a Sikh and I love to do sewa (give back). I never thought something like skipping would inspire the world and spread smiles. I’m really grateful for the support and being given this recognition. Thank you to our PM Boris Johnson, God bless you and everyone, I thank everyone for the support and love, and I encourage all to join in the skipping challenge and tag me in @SikhSkipping. “Health is wealth so to everyone my message is stay active and stay happy.”
    • https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/sikh-pilgrims-among-19-feared-killed-in-bus-train-accident-in-pakistan-s-sheikupura/story-f5Cq6RBrV0NuGL7Nn7cO8M.html 20 people, mostly Sikh pilgrims, feared dead as train rams bus in Pakistan’s Sheikhupura   WORLD Updated: Jul 03, 2020 18:35 IST Imtiaz Ahmad | Edited by Arpan Rai Hindustan Times, Islamabad The bus carrying the pilgrims was hit at an unmanned railway crossing by the Karachi bound Shah Hussain Express. (ANI / Twitter)       Twenty people, mostly Sikh pilgrims, are feared dead in an accident between a bus and a train near Sheikhupura on Friday afternoon. The bus carrying the pilgrims was hit at an unmanned railway crossing by the Karachi bound Shah Hussain Express. The pilgrims were travelling from Peshawar. Police have said there were 25-27 persons in the van at the time of the accident. Pakistan railways official said railway and district rescue teams arrived at the spot to rescue the victims. The injured were rushed to Sheikhupura Hospital and some are reported to be in critical condition. The crossing gate where the accident took place was closed but the coach driver may have tried to take a shortcut instead of waiting at the crossing, which resulted in the crash, a local police official said. According to the secretary-general of Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee Sardar Amir Singh, the deceased belong to three or four families. The pilgrims were on their way back to Peshawar after a visit to Nankana Sahib — where they had gone to visit relatives. The convoy of pilgrims comprised two more coaches but both took another route and have been reported to be safe. Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan said that the sikh pilgrim were returning from Nankana Sahib. He also said that the injured will be provided with proper medical care. “Deeply saddened at the accident this afternoon at a railway crossing near Sheikhupura which resulted in the death of atleast 20 people, mainly Sikh pilgrims returning from Nankana Sahib. Have directed that proper medical care be provided to the injured,” Khan tweeted. Officials said the Sikh pilgrims were from the northwestern city of Peshawar, reported news agency Associated Press.
    • The other big problem is this western mentality that our people (and especially our girls) have adopted which is they don't want a big family. They don't want to handle that responsibility etc. Because they want more time to "go on holiday" or other stuff. They (at most) want 1 or 2 children.  Now don't get me wrong, if you can't afford to take care if more than 2 children due to time, money, health etc. then that's 💯 fine. But if you can, you should be aiming to, as a couple, have at least 3 children.  Usually at this point I would say something like "...and if we don't, then our future generations will curse us...", but at this rate, in time, we won't have any future generations left...
    • I think we Sikhs should aim for 3 kids for each family.  It is above replacement number which is 2.1. 3 is an achievable, realistic and sustainable number. If the family is well off, they could go for 4.  
    • Thats the sole reason we should have 3 kids. Look at the muslims, they have fertility rate over 2. In places like afghanistan it bumped up to 4! I think our fertility rate dropped during kharku period. Our kids were killed, the youth were killed, hence making the leftover people to bump up the fertility rate, which they couldnt. 

Important Information

Terms of Use