Should The Patka Be Encouraged Among Sikh Youth Over Dastar?

Jkv, what i meant is that it was very hard for me during my youth time to go from patka to turban phase. I was the only turban within 150 mile radius.

I asked around and there was no patka trend back in my parents time and that is why turban is safe in that generation. Some of my patka wearing friends never successfully made the transition - some became monay and others wear patka, net with shaven beard.

Btw, i am uncle now ;)

Jkv, what i meant is that it was very hard for me during my youth time to go from patka to turban phase. I was the only turban within 150 mile radius.

I asked around and there was no patka trend back in my parents time and that is why turban is safe in that generation. Some of my patka wearing friends never successfully made the transition - some became monay and others wear patka, net with shaven beard.

Btw, i am uncle now ;)

so you also have experienced what I was saying about the hardship of switching if you leave it too late ...also my observation that people find it easier to become patit at that stage than dastar waley, this is a till that is just as bad as the one introduced by akal takht by making dastars for women optional , my Mum said that it was the one place guaranteed to maintain ancient original rehit even if others wavered. That jathedar who proposed it was Gurmukh SIngh by name ironically and it was supposed to be a temporary relaxation I think it's time to bring it back and enforced . I would love to insist also that our bibian do not tie jooda at the back and tie patka style dastar as this destroys the niarapan of our dastar .

SO many of our bibian are mistaken for muslim women because of this new 'style' and I have heard lots of lame excuses why they chose to do so and the funny thing is now the muslim women are tying their hijabs as turbans, because they love our look (they have no history of dastar styles on women) .

The Jooda is supposed to be the shingar along with kanga of the dasam duar as Bhai Sahib Jarnail SIngh ji (Leamington Spa) explained when questioned about where the jooda should be tied . We are supposed to stand out this keeps us on track and aware of our words and actions, when we shirk the bana's true form we are shirking our true responsibilities to ourselves and others. Sorry but that is how I feel; Bana is a blessing not a curse and somehow all these little introductions have created mental weaknesses in us and the wrong attitude to bana.

patka is/was a panjabi muslim ladies headwear, this sikh patka wearing thing came from copying them. You will notice if u look at all our parents photographs, taken of them, upon arrival from panjab, in black/white or coloured pics in 70s, to the UK, all the boys wore paghs, not even a patka in sight, or even a guti/rumal i would say.