The State Of Punjab( In Pinds)

gsingh12345

StarStriker, you know I'm in full agreement with you on most things and you know I consider India an alien nation illegally occupying Punjab and so have no love for them.....but the fact of the matter is this:

I've done kethi in Punjab. We need the biharis so bad that it is no longer enough to wait for gangs of their workers to come to our farm looking for work at harvest time. The fact is there isn't enough biharis. Farm owners all over Punjab just can't get the number of biharis they need (especially at harvest time) so they have to drive out to get them. A few years ago (many years ago now) I used to tell everybody how we had to drive almost to the borders of Haryana and tempt them off the trains to come and work for us (at harvest time) just so we could get to them before the other farmers waiting for them in Bhatinda, Jalanadhar and Ludhiana etc). But that was then and this is now. Now, in order to beat the others and get your hands on them, you have to drive deep into UP itself and transport them to the farm itself.

Ain't no central govt in Delhi making us do that through some evil plan. Them Indians lack the mental capacity for any sort of clever plans. The need for labour makes us (and the industrialists in the city) do it.

they were finding difficult to get bhaiyas as bhaiyas r now reluctant to do hard farm labour and r preferring to open small businesses in towns and cities as it has good money and no physical work so dont underestimate the planning capacity of government sitting here in uk now dont all of u start criticizing me

Agree with Jagsaw paji. Many Biharis kirat karde. It is unfair to abuse at them as all are not involved with crime. They are like wat we are in uk canada usa Europe, they are They too have families like us. It's a matter of luck in meeting the honest ones. So we can not tarnish all same. As th ones we know r not of that kind. many punjabi guys married polish women, to settle, it's th ones that take advantage of th system they don't like.

Yep ap UP jana penda Len. Just remembered ik natgea c, morkeh ni aya, leke ni Kuch gea. Just went zzzmm without telling.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem has been the lack of total mechanisation of the agricultural sector in Punjab. In every country the lack of labour is always made by the mechanisation of agriculture but in Punjab this has been uneven. The farmers in Punjab just about get by and there is no profit in farming unless you are a large farmer. In many villages and even among my relatives back home they have stopped taking land on maamla or theka as it is now so expensive to take land on maamla. It is around 30-35,000 rupees a year and with all the other costs such as labour, fertiliser, water and electricity it makes is uneconomic to take the land on maamla. It looks like the smaller farmer will be forced to just farm the few acres they have and then do other jobs such as transport using their traalay. If there had been a decent government in Punjab, it would have subsidised the mechanisation of farming so that farming could have remained profitable.

With regard to Bhayyas, there have been many that have become Sikhs and had it just been that the Bhayya population was just a few lakhs then it would not have made a big impact on the Punjab but because these Bhayyas number over 2 Million now they have managed to stop the Sikhs from increasing their majority in Punjab. Had there been no Bhayya influx into Punjab then the Sikhs would easily have gone from 60% to 70% of the population of Punjab. Because of the Bhayya influx the Sikh majority is under 60% now. Bhayyas offer an opportunity to increase the Sikh population if only there were organisations that were doing parchar among them. As it is, the fact that many Bhayyas have become Sikhs has been due to their coming into contact with the message of Sikhism through the Gurdwaras.