Nanak Shah Fakir Needs To Be Banned

hsingh8963

I have no problem making movies about Sikh gurus/itihaas but cmon can't these producers get the historical facts right at least? What a waste to make mistakes on the Guru's teachings. We need to use different ways to reach to the youth and especially through media press/movies/videos we next generation Sikh youth need to take advantage of it. I am for movies to bring Sikhi to the world, but DO IT RIGHT.

I have no problem making movies about Sikh gurus/itihaas but cmon can't these producers get the historical facts right at least? What a waste to make mistakes on the Guru's teachings. We need to use different ways to reach to the youth and especially through media press/movies/videos we next generation Sikh youth need to take advantage of it. I am for movies to bring Sikhi to the world, but DO IT RIGHT.

Which historical facts were wrong? Please list them. As a nation we can't even agree on what the panj kakkars are, what's a bajjar kurehat, what's Bani, how long is mool mantar etc.. I could go on and on. So, which historical version of sakhis should we use in the movie? There's like 5 different versions of each sakhi out there. We can argue all day and night, but we'll never get the message. That's all we do anyways... Just argue and debate and complain. So sad.

Akal Warrior Ji.

I already said... If you support the film there is another thread that you made.

Again I will say the Producer said that... You know what NeverMind. I'm not looking for a fight.

Please stick to the other thread.

That comment was not directed at you. I understand your point of view too, and know it's coming from a good place.

Which historical facts were wrong? Please list them. As a nation we can't even agree on what the panj kakkars are, what's a bajjar kurehat, what's Bani, how long is mool mantar etc.. I could go on and on. So, which historical version of sakhis should we use in the movie? There's like 5 different versions of each sakhi out there. We can argue all day and night, but we'll never get the message. That's all we do anyways... Just argue and debate and complain. So sad.

All correct, but we didn't need another version by somebody who has openly said he has no deep insight in sikh ithaas.

Your arguments are shortsighted.

U are quick to say the kaum is already fragmented.. why cause more controversy by creating a film without properly tackling the sensitive issues with proper due diligence.

Thr film could have gone ahead had sikka took notice of sentiments of the majority the kaum and accepted versions of sakhia.

I and others have already pointed deviation from historical facts that cant b disputed but sikka got wrong because his carelessnesd/motives.

Fateh.