Nanak Shah Fakir Needs To Be Banned

hsingh8963

I just wanted to say that I was on the fence about this one. I ended up just going to watch the movie at the theatre, and all I can say is wow! The movie is absolutely amazing. I did not find anything disrespectful about the movie. I think it all comes down to attention and perception. The movie was done very respectfully... , and honestly, it can change people's lives. Just to watch all the sakhis I've heard come to life was amazing.

I used to be against the portrayal of our Gurus, but the way this movie was done was absolutely brilliant. they didn't show the face directly, about 99% of the shots were from behind. The trailer shows one shot from the side which shows some face, but it was for about 5 seconds. The rest was from behind. Honestly, the message in the movie was great. I can picture Hindus converting to Sikhism after watching this.

we are always complaining about our youth being lost and into drinking and drugs. but we do nothing about that. Whenever something positive comes around we start to complain, without even giving it a chance. and then we wonder why barely anyone in the world knows about our religion. It is our own fault. We are still living in the stone ages. we live such a fear based life style, that everything is considered disrespect in our eyes, and we don't even really know why. The person who is playing the role of Guru Ji is NOT claiming to be him, or claiming to be like him. He is just playing a role to get the message out, and the movie is very effective. Me and my friends loved it, and will watch it again. It's truly a magical movie and inspiring. just because someone many decades ago said that nobody can portray Guru Ji, we just clung on to it, and stopped using our own logic. We made our own rules when it comes to computer generated images, like chaar sahibzaday. Who decides what is ok and what isn't? I think there should be restrictions though. Any movie like this should get Akal takht approval.

Anyways, the movie is awesome, and life changing. I am sure if a person who doesn't approve of it actually went to watch it, they will be quite moved. Like I said... It was all done respectfully.

I haven't seen it but your post was a pleasure to read.

I am a Christian and I have no problem with Christ being portrayed in movies just as long as the movie genuinely portrays Christs message.

If what you said is true I can see a lot of positive attention being focused on Sikhism and I have to say it's about time.

I mean look at this, I find nothing offensive about this at all:

The medium may change but as long as the message is in tact then it's all good.

Punjab Herald's Bhai Baldeep SIngh's review:

http://www.punjabherald.com/2015/04/1940

film exposing RSS links:

So, you are going to believe the word of one man? That "review" is absolutely horrible. It seems he just has an isue with the movie, and just attacks every little thing. Every |sakhi has some variations in our history, but this movie seemed to be handle them very well. The message was great. If this movie was actually made with RSS intentions, why would they include scenes in there that are flat out against idol worship? why the janaoo scene? This movie, if anything, would promote people to leave rituals and idol worship, and follow the Sikhi path of Naam Japna, Kirt Karnee, and Vand ke Shakna

Akal warrior if you are OK that the producer said that guru Nanak Dev Ji probably didn't wear a dastar and you have seen the video on page one and still support this film stick to the other review thread you have... I don't want a debate here on this thread sikh sangat members majority are against this film. If you wish to support it use your other thread I won't comment there anymore and we will stick here to discuss the places where this film has been banned and still needs to be banned.

Punjab Herald's Bhai Baldeep SIngh's review:

http://www.punjabherald.com/2015/04/1940

film exposing RSS links:

For the love of god someone tell this guy to get a decent camera, what is this, 2001 or something, if your gonna make a video review of something at least make an effort to get your video quality decent.

As for his opinion, it's just that, his opinion, but he's formed that after watching it so fair play to him, I wish more people would watch something before forming an opinion instead of have a sheep mentality and following the herd.

Eduardo mate this isn't just about the portrayal if guru Nanak Dev Ji... (which is false...) but the decision to leave out some sakhis. The directors dodging around questions, the producer saying guru Nanak Dev Ji didn't wear a dastar (turban) and other inaccuracies.

Thanks for that I appreciate it.

I won't pretend to know the in and outs and intricacies of the film and the critique of it. My main concern is that Sikhs as a whole don't come across as a load of mindless unthinking zombie thugs like a lot of Muslims do.

Generally speaking from what I have found so far I like the Sikh community as they have treated me very well and most of my white English brethren also do but you are a new religion and I would hate to see you tarnished with the Islamic brush.

Anyway I haven't seen any picture houses burnt down or bombs going off yet so it must still be all good.

Keep up the good work.

I agree with "cool water" the film should be viewed by Sikh scholars and the offending scenes removed/adjusted. Films are very powerful to communicate and reach the younger generation especially - look at the effect of the Charsahibzade film. Sikhs should be at the forefront of communicating the lives and message of our Gurus, using whatever mediums there are as long as its done respectively. the gurus valued the arts and poetry and am sure they would use film if it was available in there time.