Surrey Sikh Violence

Hence my glib assessment of the situation. Although if I'd hazard a guess it's something to do with money? It always is somewhere along the line. They certainly aren't fighting for truth and justice!

Not entirely, none the less though, aj kal no ones fight for righteous causes. Seen "Singhs" wearing chola sahibs, dumallay outright say they have lives to lead and would not fight for a cause.

Every community goes through this drug problem. Look into migrants of Canada over history and it's in every community. It's one of the ways certain groups of people pull their families out of poverty. This problem cannot be blamed on bad parenting or on the community. The fish rots from the head. Those who live in western countries. Look at the geographic location of immigrants in the country they migrated too. What has the local government built in that area to further the development of immigrant and migrated families children? How many liquor stores have they built or are building in that area? How many community centers can you find in this area and what do they offer? What programs does the schools in these areas compared to the upscale neighborhoods, where it just happens like magic the white people live, have to offer?

I met a dutch man and he could relate to what I went through growing up as a kid. I grow up in the 90s and he in the 50s. In the 50s his kind (dutch) were the lower caste people. He went through discrimination in many forms and he made it a mission to excel in life. He genuinely had sympathy for the punjabi community and wanted to see the youth excel. The turban to him was not a sign of fanaticism, put a symbol of struggle. Yet, when you ask a punjabi family, who has become successful in Canada about the turban and they say it's backwards. Not all punjabi youth get into drugs and gangs because their families are in poverty or it's hard to make ends meet, but it also can be because of the racism they face. Starts off as a group of punjabis defending themselves and turns into a gang making money using illegal ways.

Strong community network systems need to be available to families, who are migrating from other countries. Currently the Muslim community are facing the same problem and it will continue to grow, if the local government's turn a blind eye to the real problems at hand. Sending in the police with the sirens and lights won't do anything. This only has aggravated the problem in the past and will do the same in the future.

Pot belly committee members are only good for eating langar. Leave these washed out uncles out of this issue. They can't fix a light bulb in a Gurdwara.....need to have 6 meetings to even think about doing it.

The drug dealing punjabis in Surrey and Vancouver are your typical fresh off the boat from India uneducated retards. They have no education or skills.

No ethics or morals they just want to get rich quick.

Or the wannabe "gangsters" youth in Canada that talk and act like they are Jamaican yardies. This has been a problem is Surrey for years Google Bindy Johal, Bal Buttar etc...

alot of u dont really have a clue. These punjabi guys in surrey are not living in poverty and most likely never had they are just a bunch of rich boys who want to act like a gangster outside of BC they are a joke... They are throwing there lives away for nothing they are conserided the low in the criminal world anyways so all I can say is that they are a bunch of wannabes that won't be able to match up with REAL gangs in canada this why surrey is there only stronghold none of them even live or have lived in places like whalley which is surreys poverty area. From what I've read though the community in surrey is fixing up newer gangs are moving in like the somalis n afghans and this is what started this whole gang war a gang of punjabis vs a somali one

The drug dealing punjabis in Surrey and Vancouver are your typical fresh off the boat from India uneducated retards. They have no education or skills.

No ethics or morals they just want to get rich quick.

Or the wannabe "gangsters" youth in Canada that talk and act like they are Jamaican yardies. This has been a problem is Surrey for years Google Bindy Johal, Bal Buttar etc...

Are you from BC or just making up what you hear? As someone born and raised here, I've met a handful of guys who talk like they're black, and they're usually not well accepted. There wasnt a tiny spec of "black" in Johal or Buttar. Also, most of these dealers are not "fresh off the boat," very few are.

alot of u dont really have a clue. These punjabi guys in surrey are not living in poverty and most likely never had they are just a bunch of rich boys who want to act like a gangster outside of BC they are a joke... They are throwing there lives away for nothing they are conserided the low in the criminal world anyways so all I can say is that they are a bunch of wannabes that won't be able to match up with REAL gangs in canada this why surrey is there only stronghold none of them even live or have lived in places like whalley which is surreys poverty area. From what I've read though the community in surrey is fixing up newer gangs are moving in like the somalis n afghans and this is what started this whole gang war a gang of punjabis vs a somali one

You've heard incorrect lol. Nor are they considered low in general, but obviously these 18-19 year old kids will be low, I don't know many 18 year old mob bosses. Like many others in here, you have no clue what you're talking about. Which ghetto are you from btw? I'm willing to bet a lot of the kids involved are tougher than most of the guys hiding behind a screen on here, after having grown up with them.

Too many people here going off on "what I heard."

dude i been to surrey a lot of times of before cos i got relatives in there and trust me most punjabis there live in mansions and well of area only a couple of low income areas and only a handful of punjabis live in them fact is these kids only hustle because they think its cool from the tv iv even seen a documentary on the so called gangs and it was a joke these guys end up fighting killing eachother over girls sometimes.. back in the day there was real issues that forced the early immigrants to push drugs but now those days are gone sikh community is more middle calss. BTW no one outside of bc mentions or has even heard of these gangs or bindy johal ect I went to a high school that was 90 percent brown, and no1 every hyped these surrey guys 1 day a guy came to school wearing a bindy johal shirt and was laughed at pretty much whole day. in the whole of canada these guys are only known in BC and within bc they r a laughing stock that giv the community a bad name

Are you from BC or just making up what you hear? As someone born and raised here, I've met a handful of guys who talk like they're black,

Agree. I think the other guy is getting his Torontos and his Vancouvers mixed up.

In Toronto there's definately a large number of apne acting and talking 'black'. But, then again, no more than places like Birmingham and London and its got to be remembered that Toronto is one of the 4 great Jamaican expatriate cities (along with London, New York and Miami) and this gigantic Jamaican population live alongside many of the Sikhs there so 'Jafaican' is as strong there as it is in London. The same can't be said of Vancouver (and Surrey of course). As world cities go, it's unique because of the distinct lack of black people. They're rarer there than a man named Daniel Goldstein at a Al-quaida supporters rally. And that, in many ways, is the crux of the problem. We are, in so many ways, the 'blacks' of Vancouver / Surrey.

dude i been to surrey a lot of times of before cos i got relatives in there and trust me most punjabis there live in mansions and well of area only a couple of low income areas and only a handful of punjabis live in them fact is these kids only hustle because they think its cool from the tv iv even seen a documentary on the so called gangs and it was a joke these guys end up fighting killing eachother over girls sometimes.. back in the day there was real issues that forced the early immigrants to push drugs but now those days are gone sikh community is more middle calss. BTW no one outside of bc mentions or has even heard of these gangs or bindy johal ect I went to a high school that was 90 percent brown, and no1 every hyped these surrey guys 1 day a guy came to school wearing a bindy johal shirt and was laughed at pretty much whole day. in the whole of canada these guys are only known in BC and within bc they r a laughing stock that giv the community a bad name

You've been there, I'm from here. Not once did anyone claim we're living on $20,000 a year. All of the Lower Mainland is well off, the asians and whites included. And if you're using some documentaries as your backup, you're in no position to speak.Sorry but you literally don't know much all. Maybe no one doesn't talk about BC gangs, but I've never heard anyone in BC talk about gangs from other provinces either. And LOL what issues could possibly force you to push drugs?

Agree. I think the other guy is getting his Torontos and his Vancouvers mixed up.

In Toronto there's definately a large number of apne acting and talking 'black'. But, then again, no more than places like Birmingham and London and its got to be remembered that Toronto is one of the 4 great Jamaican expatriate cities (along with London, New York and Miami) and this gigantic Jamaican population live alongside many of the Sikhs there so 'Jafaican' is as strong there as it is in London. The same can't be said of Vancouver (and Surrey of course). As world cities go, it's unique because of the distinct lack of black people. They're rarer there than a man named Daniel Goldstein at a Al-quaida supporters rally. And that, in many ways, is the crux of the problem. We are, in so many ways, the 'blacks' of Vancouver / Surrey.

You're pretty much spot on brother, the only blacks we have here are the somalians, I would assume they're similar to Southall Somalians? Regardless, we have a completely different culture in Vancouver, at the most these kids listen to rap.