Canadian Sikhs?

As for the gang problem this is almost exclusively an issue in the bc area. The reason for this is because BC was and still is the first go to province for many punjabis immigrating in Canada and since the mass immigration since the 80s the population exploded however despite what many ppl like to think the white Canadians weren't very welcoming in those days. I have family friends in BC and they would tell me how drunk white guys would drag apne out their cars and beat them and also attack babey at parks.

It's been a few years since the last well known attack on a Sikh senior occured, thankfully, but point being they were occuring well into the 2000s. You're right though, in the 70s and 80s, and 90's to a lesser extent, racism was flourishing in the Vancouver area. Bindy and his buddies decided they had enough, but very, very soon, they became their own enemies. Us BC Sikhs are quite interesting, followed by London and Midlands Sikhs.

I did hear about to babey being attacked by a baseball bat and one died this happened recently, are there still areas in bc where the white people are still hostile I know Newton and strawberry hill ect are good. And after these attacks were there any revenge Attacks on the white community?

London Sikhs I don't no much about but The problems facing midlands Sikhs should be studied and Talked about as me and my friends have noticed a lot of similar things starting to take hold

I did hear about to babey being attacked by a baseball bat and one died this happened recently, are there still areas in bc where the white people are still hostile I know Newton and strawberry hill ect are good. And after these attacks were there any revenge Attacks on the white community?

London Sikhs I don't no much about but The problems facing midlands Sikhs should be studied and Talked about as me and my friends have noticed a lot of similar things starting to take hold

The only two I can think of that were killed with bats happened about 10 years ago, both incidents within a week, same location, same two kids doing it. Strawberry hill just a neighborhood in Newton, you can consider newton to be like SE/NE etc as you guys have in Calgary. But most of these attacks happened in Sikh neighborhoods, usually when white kids find a lone elderly. Maybe some minor revenge, but no one goes out and kills a white elderly. For the last one, apparently the grandsons were trying to find the suspects for some vigilante justice. Cops got to them first. I hear white people on the Island are still quite hostile and racist. In the Vancouver area everyone gets along for the most part.

Why do you think Midland Sikhs are more interesting?

The reason i find midlands Sikhs interesting is because if you look at demographics you'll notice the same trend happening. Sikhs areas changing ect. Like I said before I live in a part of town which is not the Punjabi hub, however this wasn't always the case but most Punjabis and moved on to better areas. For those of us stuck here it hasn't been all that good due to problems with middle easterners Somalis ect this ppl are new comers and don'to have to go through what previous gen of immigrants had to go through cos the gov basically gives the. Bunch of cash and what not. They think they run the place and are often hostile to anyone who isn't their kind. They mess around with Sikhs a lot.

Another incident that happened couple years ago at the nagar Kirtan was a bunch of ppl mostly Pakistanis came high and drunk and started causing trouble they punched a kid in the head but they were dealt with police had to get involved. Funny thing is that the same ppl causing problems in UK (Kashmiris) are starting to do things here aswell they even copy ukers by naming there Crew the Lynx gang

Not really ghettosikh. I mean yes, you're right in the fact that Midland's Sikhs face issues very different to London Sikhs, especially in the fact that there really isn't much of an issue here in London with regards to Sikh-Muslim community relations and thats refelcted in Canada too where it may surprise some people to know that Muslims outnumber Sikhs 3 to 1. Not to say it's not an issue that exists in London but with London largely divided along the lines of Sikhs and Hindus being in the west and north west respectively and Muslims in the east geography plays a part in easing any potential conflict. But I think Canada's problem, in terms of Sikh-Muslim community relations is more akin to London rather than the Midlands because, like London, it centres largely around the Somali community. Again, I'm sure most people (especially those in the UK) don't realise this but Canada took in by far the largest number of Somalian immigrants in the world and it has found them to behave in exactly the same lowdown way as their counterparts in England. In fact, alot worse.

O Canada! Our home and native land. True patriots blah blah blah we stole you from the red indians and we're actually from europe so your not really our native laaand. Something about tim hortons. Hon hon hon la canadien baguette.

Hope that makes you feel a bit more welcome here dear canadian brethren :)

Canadian national anthem ^^^

I've noticed you are a bit racist towards the white man Mr Singh.

Nice to some Canadian and American Sikhs on here.

Point of this thread is get some Canadian or North America content on this forum which is heavily too European. I feel North American Sikhs face different challenges in our lives compare to European Sikhs who have their own issues.

So with elections just a few months away, who will you guys be voting for?

This is interesting election simply because all three major parties are tied (based on polls). So Sikh vote is going to matter even more than ever before.

All three parties will have their Sikh candidates running in Sikh areas (like Brampton, Surrey), but I feel like NDP would have better Sikh candidates than other two parties. Jagmeet Singh is MPP, so he wouldn't be running in federal election, but NDP does have other quality Sikhs (who mostly are young, educated and pro-Sikh) in their party who would do a good job of fighting our issues in parliament.

Conservatives messed up when they passed that new online bill. Liberals are the most messed up look at the mess they've caused in Ontario, They don't have any shame I mean look at the new sex Ed curriculum they want that for all of Canada, ndp is the best bet only thing about them is they are increasing min wage