Sign in to follow this  
GurburAkal

Do You Believe Khalistan Will Become A Country ?

Do you believe Khalistan will become a country ?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Khalistan will ever become an actual nation?

• Yes, within 20 years
    • Yes, in 50 years
    • Yes, in 100+ years
    • Someday we will get it, don't know when
    • It is impssible for Khalistan to ever become a country / No Hope
    • I don't support the creation of any seperate Sikh country
  2. 2. What will be the biggest problem for an independent Khalistan

• Territory / Borders
    • Future Wars, Conflicts, and Terrorism
    • International Recognition
    • Drugs
    • Form Of Government
    • Leadership/Politicians
    • Economy
    • International Recognition
    • India will see us as Pakistan #2

WJKK WJKF

Forgive me if you are just completely tired of talking about Khalistan because I know the subject has been discussed to death.

Just wanted to get some numbers on what people think, because I was thinking about working on a project in the future

If you think I should add another choice to the questions, please let me know

not in the near future, come on we cant even get 20 political prisoners out. with the whole Bapu Surat Singh situation going on.

the first step is to read Gurbani and Jap Naam, Waheguru will give it to us when were ready.

• Like 1

If it is restricted to punjab then hopefully not. Khalistan should be far more ambitious.

Khalistan is not worth discussing in my lifetime as we have several internal kaumi conflicts that need resolving.

I.e. terminating the goi stranglehold over sikh institutions and leadership.

Badal family nu gaddi charana should be top priority.

Khalistan demands is an elephant in the room that we need to get over as its gives goi an excuse to crackdown on us.

• Like 1

Ps surprised economy is so low in votes.. the general economic condition of landlocked nations are terrible... I.e.Ethiopia

• Like 1

Ps surprised economy is so low in votes.. the general economic condition of landlocked nations are terrible... I.e.Ethiopia

Then again veerji, Ethiopia doesn't actually produce goods which anybody really needs. Its chief export seems to be emaciated marathon runners. The same is true of all the landlocked African and central Asian countries, which manufacture nothing of use and are largely barren and infertile.

The Punjab cannot be likened to these nations. She is very arable and well-watered. India is barely capable of ensuring that all her people are properly fed. She will be even less capable of ensuring this in the event that she loses the Punjab, her so-called 'breadbasket', compelled to import Khalistani grain and vegetables in order to pacify her discontented masses.

• Like 1

Then again veerji, Ethiopia doesn't actually produce goods which anybody really needs. Its chief export seems to be emaciated marathon runners. The same is true of all the landlocked African and central Asian countries, which manufacture nothing of use and are largely barren and infertile.

The Punjab cannot be likened to these nations. She is very arable and well-watered. India is barely capable of ensuring that all her people are properly fed. She will be even less capable of ensuring this in the event that she loses the Punjab, her so-called 'breadbasket', compelled to import Khalistani grain and vegetables in order to pacify her discontented masses.

I can see why u might think farming gives punjab an edge over the mentioned nations.. maybe there is something in it - but not enough to make a real economic difference.

Here's why-

- Crop Farming in punjab is not labour intensive, so doesnt do much for employment stats. A typical farmer has 20 fields with one tractor, one bihari baya and hires a harvester twice a year. (Granted the logistics side is heavily manned - mainly by non punjabis from states buying the grain).

- Those that are employed on farms are paid a pittance (mainly biharis), nor does it make the farmer a bucket load.

- Farming as done by the everso bright punjabis is environmentally unsustainable (pollution from nitrates contaminating water, water supplies exhausting, over farming depleting soil nutrients).

-In short agriculture in punjab doesn't boost gdp as folk believe

-Google landlocked nations; there are a few with a decent supply of natural resources (which punjab doesn't have) and also dabble in farming on decent scale, they are all relatively poor nations whether they are in asia, Africa, s.America or europe.

-Having something to sell doesn't translate to jobs for the masses.

-Sea ports are needed for affordable import/exports.

Khalistan restricted to indian punjab is a stupid idea, militarily they would be conquered by one of their nuclear neighbours within months of gaining independence, the country will be begging for fossil energy (that cant pay for),aid, military support, use of neighbours sea ports from day 2 of independence.

If we want khalsa raaj then parchaar, human rights activism for all creeds, tidying up our leadership before winning the hearts of non sikhs (as the gurus did) is where to begin. When we have a couple of hundred million sikhs in northern india stretching from kashmir to gujarat let's think about a country called khalistan. Until then lets get the bssics right as at the moment singhs are only barely in the tens of thousands in india let alone millions.

• Like 3

Khalsa Raj won't come with protests or holding referendums - you must know goi won't allow that.

True. However, holding such things complete the requirement of 'using democratic' methods. We should exhaust such methods before bringing the revolution of change in public. Kejriwal did same thing and he is bringing revolution of change in Delhi.

• Like 3

True. However, holding such things complete the requirement of 'using democratic' methods. We should exhaust such methods before bringing the revolution of change in public. Kejriwal did same thing and he is bringing revolution of change in Delhi.

All such methods have already exhausted for minorities especially when they stand-up for their own rights. It's in front of our very own eyes.

We are still awaiting justice for the last 31 years....

There is a quote well known :

" Justice delayed is Justice denied"

• Like 1

It depends on how we look at it. We did horrible job in gathering and documenting data regarding injustice done against us. Exception is bhai jasswant singh khalra.

Sikhs for justice is the doing the basic ground work to reach every corner of resources available and every move is documented. They summoned these cronies to US court and as we speak most of them ran away. One thing done is that they ran from us justice system and documented.

Now with 2020 project and to put UN on notice to get up and make noise for us. Tomorrow if something happens we have something to show that... Hey we did all of this years ago.

• Like 3

It depends on how we look at it. We did horrible job in gathering and documenting data regarding injustice done against us. Exception is bhai jasswant singh khalra.

Sikhs for justice is the doing the basic ground work to reach every corner of resources available and every move is documented. They summoned these cronies to US court and as we speak most of them ran away. One thing done is that they ran from us justice system and documented.

Now with 2020 project and to put UN on notice to get up and make noise for us. Tomorrow if something happens we have something to show that... Hey we did all of this years ago.

UN can't help in this case. It needs a sovereign country to represent the facts before UN. Which country will do that?

Will it be India...?

Democratic means are effective in a democratic country.

Protests are only meaningful to keep the Qaum awake and let the opponents know that they cannot put a lid on their atrocities.

We must whatever one can do to remind ourselves of the gulami - Unless each one of us does not realise gulami, Azaadi cannot become a reality.

Become Khalsa and do ardaas.

There is nothing that Guru Granth Sahib cannot give to their beloved Sikhs.

Raj will come but only we if we ALL walk into the footsteps of Guru Gobind Singh ji Maharaj.

• Like 1