Sexual Grooming Methods Revealed

singh598

I understand and I agree. I was angling more towards the whole "condemn vs forgive" scenario.

Let me give you an example. It's true, so it's something I've not made up.

When I was growing up we were close to another Sikh family. They had three kids; the eldest daughter, the middle son, and the youngest daughter. The dad of the family was a kharkoo, lol, proper old school Gursikh, no bull. But he wasn't a bully or anything like that. He just wasn't the kind of guy to be messed with.

The eldest was 16 or so when she gets pregnant by a non-Sikh. This was the kind of thing you'd say would never happen to this family. It was like the most unimaginable thing ever. Completely shocking. The dad wanted to kill the daughter, but he was talked out of it. He then wanted to cut her off for life, no ifs or buts, because he said he had to send a message to his other kids that he would not tolerate this behaviour. Again, he just wasn't allowed to do what he felt was the right thing due to wailing women in his family.

Eventually, the eldest was married off with no real consequences for her mistakes. Sadly, this failure to act gave the middle son and the daughter ideas when they saw how ineffectual their dad was. All fear of him disappeared. The son married an English girl he met at work, whilst the youngest daughter ran off with a black guy.

To this day he says if he would've been allowed to cast out the eldest daughter when he wanted to, his family would not have been destroyed. His inaction basically meant him losing control of the other kids when they realised their father did nothing to punish the eldest daughter.

That's what I mean by "condemn vs forgive." His forgiveness, albeit forced upon by his wife and others, cost him all his children and the perceived reputation and respect he'd built. Had he condemned the eldest and thrown her out as he wanted to, you might argue it would've kept the others in line.

I understand and I agree. I was angling more towards the whole "condemn vs forgive" scenario.

Let me give you an example. It's true, so it's something I've not made up.

When I was growing up we were close to another Sikh family. They had three kids; the eldest daughter, the middle son, and the youngest daughter. The dad of the family was a kharkoo, lol, proper old school Gursikh, no bull. But he wasn't a bully or anything like that. He just wasn't the kind of guy to be messed with.

The eldest was 16 or so when she gets pregnant by a non-Sikh. This was the kind of thing you'd say would never happen to this family. It was like the most unimaginable thing ever. Completely shocking. The dad wanted to kill the daughter, but he was talked out of it. He then wanted to cut her off for life, no ifs or buts, because he said he had to send a message to his other kids that he would not tolerate this behaviour. Again, he just wasn't allowed to do what he felt was the right thing due to wailing women in his family.

Eventually, the eldest was married off with no real consequences for her mistakes. Sadly, this failure to act gave the middle son and the daughter ideas when they saw how ineffectual their dad was. All fear of him disappeared. The son married an English girl he met at work, whilst the youngest daughter ran off with a black guy.

To this day he says if he would've been allowed to cast out the eldest daughter when he wanted to, his family would not have been destroyed. His inaction basically meant him losing control of the other kids when they realised their father did nothing to punish the eldest daughter.

That's what I mean by "condemn vs forgive." His forgiveness, albeit forced upon by his wife and others, cost him all his children and the perceived reputation and respect he'd built. Had he condemned the eldest and thrown her out as he wanted to, you might argue it would've kept the others in line.

But if my folks had done that to me what would you say ? I was the eldest sister of four kids ...true I thought more like a son in protecting my family unit but that I put down to siksha of Gursikhi . I was told I needed to get married right away like I was going to contaminate the rest just like you said but I refused to hoodwink another gursikh by not revealing the truth , but at the same time if you did reveal and then got rejected Indians being major gossipers the news would be spread like wildfire, then that would have similar effect on the family's kids .

In the end the partner I was given in life knew everything and went in with eyes open , we are bringing up the kids in Gursikhi and I am waiting for him to get ready too, My two brothers married into punjabi sikh families , the one just younger than me is keshadaari but not practising khalsa , his wife similar, My youngest brother is gursikh and married into Khalsa parivar , his wife is Dastarwale Singhni and my sister married last to a mona sikh from a different jaat but they seem to be practise gurbani more than my keshadhari bro and his wife. I am married to a gora , who keeps his kesh, eats and lives like us go to gurdwara and would fight for his children's gursikhi without hesitation. So it is not so black and white .