Memorial For Sikh Soldiers Set To Be Unveiled In Staffordshire

singhbj singh

As I stated before, our granfathers and great-grandfathers who were brave soldiers of the British Army are the very reason every single Sikh community in Canada, California, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and the UK exists. It is despicable to pee on their good name when they laid the foundation to the great life we all have in the west. Truly despicable.

The second point that should be remembered is that The British Army did so much for the Khalsa identity. For example, in the British Army any Sikh that ever laid a pair of scissors on any of his hair was instantly dismissed. In contrast, the Indian Army in it's Baat Chaat Bulletin 37 said 'the Amritdharis, with their completely uncut hair, are enemies of the nation and must be hunted down'. It is truly despicable that there are Sikhs in this current generation that criticise the former and praise the latter.

Now, I fully understand that as the British Army only rated Jatts and Mazabhis there are Sikhs groups that feel aggrieved to the point of hatred that their own community was sidelined and rubbished in this way by the Army. I fully understand that and maybe I would feel the same way if I were in their shoes but that is no reason at all the great sacrifices and great history of our grandfathers.

Remember that to still use your caste for whatever reason , it to insult Guru Nanak Dev ji's vision for his sikhs , it is to call Khande di pahul mere water ...NEVER MAKE THIS MISTAKE If you seek Guru ji's protection and blessings .

The worst part is that these idiotic casteist bigots are teaching this nonsense to the next generation too despite claiming to live in so called developed world. No matter where they live their backwardness is clearly visible to all.

As I stated before, our granfathers and great-grandfathers who were brave soldiers of the British Army are the very reason every single Sikh community in Canada, California, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and the UK exists. It is despicable to pee on their good name when they laid the foundation to the great life we all have in the west. Truly despicable.

The second point that should be remembered is that The British Army did so much for the Khalsa identity. For example, in the British Army any Sikh that ever laid a pair of scissors on any of his hair was instantly dismissed. In contrast, the Indian Army in it's Baat Chaat Bulletin 37 said 'the Amritdharis, with their completely uncut hair, are enemies of the nation and must be hunted down'. It is truly despicable that there are Sikhs in this current generation that criticise the former and praise the latter.

Now, I fully understand that as the British Army only rated Jatts and Mazabhis there are Sikhs groups that feel aggrieved to the point of hatred that their own community was sidelined and rubbished in this way by the Army. I fully understand that and maybe I would feel the same way if I were in their shoes but that is no reason at all the great sacrifices and great history of our grandfathers.

You mean the great history of slavery and shoe licking of their white masters.

please how many sikhs lived in punjab for years and years and never put a scissor to their kesh , yes sikhs were told to be amritdhari because the British recognised khande di pahul made us totally different from average people , much more soldier like purely that nothing else . they wanted jatts because they were more built and mazhabis because they would work like anything without complaining.

The British are preening us to try to get us to come back into their forces because they miss what we could give. Yes they should recognise all our forefathers work and sacrifices , but that has nothing to do with us . Be aware of the back story.

I think we should also realise that a lot of the British India Army joined the INA against the British. (One of my relatives from my Grandfather's generation defected).

They joined with Subash Chandra Bose as he felt being with Japs and Hitler would guarantee freedom from British rule.

One must understand that when a lot of soldiers are fighting, you actually end up fighting for your battalion or your regiment rather than to free a people, or liberate a country because they are the people you bond with because you have to back each other with your life.

I do not necessarily think a lot of Sikhs joined the ranks out of sone blind loyalty to the Empire or that they wanted Hitler defeated. I think that a lot of them made pragmatic decisions, it afforded some of them opportunities that they otherwise would not have received.

One of things I have noticed (particularly the older generation) about Sikhs in UK, they have a lot of respect for the Germans more than the British. I think this stems back to the World Wars when you fighting an opponent to the death many time in hand to hand combat.

Britain in general do not tend to respect their war veterans. You see it with the Gulf War vets (and these are White guys!)

Look at another "martial race" the Gurkhas have been treated by the UK establishment.

I personally have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I just wonder in the UK when the last of vets of WW2 dies, who is going bother with all these World War Memorials.

In Jagsaw's deluded mind, the British saved Sikhi......

He appears to think that they wanted Sikhs to be Amritdhari because they loved Sikhi so much, and not because they wanted to use Sikhs for their own colonialist agenda.

And PLENTY of other communities have settled in Britain without having to play attack dog for them, so I don't know why you keep barking up that tree.

What a muppet.

Take a look, I'm not the only apna (past and present) who doesn't think the sun shines out of their ar5e or that being colonised was a great thing. What a ghulaam mentality .... lol

1_Ghadar_Party.jpg

udpp.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

kartar-singh-sarabha-2.jpg

1_Bhagat_Singh.jpg

ghadar-party-amritsar.jpg?w=800&h=513

please how many sikhs lived in punjab for years and years and never put a scissor to their kesh , yes sikhs were told to be amritdhari because the British recognised khande di pahul made us totally different from average people , much more soldier like purely that nothing else . they wanted jatts because they were more built and mazhabis because they would work like anything without complaining.

The British are preening us to try to get us to come back into their forces because they miss what we could give. Yes they should recognise all our forefathers work and sacrifices , but that has nothing to do with us . Be aware of the back story.

What about the fact that these people have a consistent tendency to get involved in all manner of dubious wars for purely greedy reasons. Things that lead to hundreds of thousands of general public being killed directly and indirectly as a consequence. What kind of decent human being, let alone Sikh would want to get involved in that gundh?

All that being said, our people aren't as dumb as in the past (even pendu jatts), I can't imagine hordes of apnay joining these people's military like they did in the past. That's not going to happen.

What they will try is to get some uncle Tom type tokens and bandy them about; using them to try and convince the gullible. Actually I'm surprised Jagsaw hasn't take this job up already? lol

DallySingh, you wern't Army material then and you certainly ain't army material now, especially given how you lack the inherent Sikh work ethic that exists in all other Sikhs.

As I stated before, it is entirely natural and understandable that you will have such contempt for an institution that labelled your grandfather and great-grandfather useless.

And PLENTY of other communities have settled in Britain without having to play attack dog for them, so I don't know why you keep barking up that tree.

Of the pioneers in Britain, it was only the Bhatras that wern't here because the Army conection. But if you read up on our history here the Bhtaras even back then pretty much rubbished the good name of Sikhi by habitually doing gypsy like cold-calling on people's front doors for a living. But, as the Bhatras are such a tiny insignificant group on the fringes of Sikh society, indeed one that the vast majority of Sikhs don't even know exists, they are hardly important in this discussion. California in the late 1800's.....western canada in the late 1800's.....rural Australia in the late 1800's.....Malaysia....Singapore.....Shanghai.....Hong Kong all the way to Southall and Gravesend (Britain's 2 largest 'Sikh towns'); The one thing they all have in common is that it was retired Sikh soldiers from the British Army that laid the foundation to these Sikh societies that exist today.

Oh...and that photo you pasted of the ghadar party: My forefathers that settled in the farmlands of California in the late 1800's, along with their kith and kin which at that point were more in washington state (around Bellingham) and Oregan after initially being in Vancouver, were, along with all the other Ghadars of California, ex soldiers of the British Army.

What was that word you used? Oh yeah...."Muppet" !

All that being said, our people aren't as dumb as in the past (even pendu jatts), I can't imagine hordes of apnay joining these people's military like they did in the past. That's not going to happen.

What they will try is to get some uncle Tom type tokens and bandy them about

You mean people like Jugraj Singh of 'Basics of Sikhi' ???????

He's been called alot of things by a lot of people but I don't think a fellow Sikh has labelled him an "uncle tom pendu jatt" by a fellow sikh for being a soldier in the british army before. This is definately a first.

Care to clarify why you think Jugraj Singh of 'Basics of Sikhi' is such a British arse licking uncle tom backward pendu jatt simpleton ???????????